Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Part 262: For Every Action . . . .

“You . . . .you and Boone?” asked Seth.

Mandy just shook her head. The thoughts that were zooming through her head were making her dizzy. She loved Boone and at that moment, still very much did. It seemed that she was going to have his baby. She looked at the stick again, her hands starting to tremble. “Are you sure, its right?” Seth asked again.

“It’s a got a plus sign, Seth,” she said, showing him the stick, “And according to the instructions, if it’s a minus, it’s not but if it’s a plus, that means I am pregnant.”

“But . . .I didn’t think . . . .you were with him that long?”

“It only takes one night, Seth,” she smirked.

“OH. Yeah, I . . .knew that, I . . . . I gotta sit down.”

The singer slowly backed up to a tree and then used it to guide him down into a sitting position. Mandy smiled and looked at him. She slowly walked over and kneeled before him. “Thank you, Seth,” she smiled.

“For what?” he asked.

“For getting weak in the knees over this,” she said, holding up the stick, “That is usually the father’s job.”

“Yeah, well, . . .since Boone can’t be here, I will faint for him.”

Mandy smiled. She then stood up and took a deep breath. She then turned back toward the area of the beach and began to walk away. “Hey, where are you going?” Seth said, grunting as he stood up.

“I have to tell Taylor then Shannon,” she replied.


After a few minutes, Mandy and Seth arrived at the beach. The young blonde began to scour the sandy area for her friends. She spotted them down by the water, cooling off after some sunbathing. She took her singer friend by the hand and led him down to the watery area. “Taylor,” Mandy called.

“Hey, Mandy, there you are,” she said, turning around, “Get into your swim suit. If we get ahead of you, you’ll have to lay out longer to catch up.”

“Uh, no, thanks. In fact, I think I am gonna stay in the shade from now on.”

“Why? You worried about skin cancer?” Shannon laughed, as she rubbed water on her arms.

“Actually, yeah. Now that I have something to live for.” Mandy touched Taylor’s shoulder, “Tee, I think I am pregnant.”

Taylor’s humorous face went completely serious. Shannon blinked and then slowly turned to look at her friend. Mandy just smirked for a second. Taylor then giggled but quickly stopped. “Are . . .are you serious?” Taylor finally asked.

She showed them the pregnancy test and the plus sign, as clear as day. Shannon looked at it and then slowly began to cry. Mandy gently touched her arm. The tall blonde continued to cry but her lips slowly turned into a smile. “This . . .is . . . .wonderful,” she gulped.

“Oh, Shannon,” Mandy embraced her.

“Please, can I be the Aunt?” she wept in her friend’s shoulder.

“Oh, don’t be silly. Of course, you get to the be the Aunt, and so does Taylor.”

The friends parted and slowly stood up. Taylor then got her turn to hug her best friend. They all laughing and giggling plus crying. Seth just crossed his arms; it was good to see happiness among them again. After all they went through, something good came out of all the strife they encountered. “Mandy!” McKay called to her.

Mandy parted from her friends to see the bald man walking up to them. He had a definite angry face to show he possibly learned something. “Oh, good, you are here too,” he pointed toward Seth, “You mind telling me what is going on?”

“Don’t know what you mean, Chief,” Seth threw up his hands in defense.

“I just got done talking with Sawyer. He says you held him at knife point while you took something from his stash?”

“He’s overreacting. I never unsheathed my sword.” Seth chuckled.

“So it did happen?” McKay said, like a stern father.

“McKay, let me explain,” Mandy stepped in.

“I can’t believe you would do something like that,” he said looking down on her, “I mean, that type of insanity I would expect from Seth but you??”

Seth then went cross-eyed and started to act like a chimp. “STOP IT, SETH!” McKay grunted, “This isn’t funny!”

“McKay, please let me explain why I did it.” She said, getting his attention.

“What the hell could have been so damn important that you wouldn’t trade Sawyer for it?”

“A home pregnancy test.”

“A home . . .” McKay then stopped and froze, almost completely like a statue. The words that she just said rang into his head and it didn’t take him long to put two and two together. “A home . . .pregnancy test?” he finally said.

Mandy shook her head.

“You and Boone?” McKay asked, just like Seth.

“Can I count on you to be the baby’s Godfather?” she immediately asked.

McKay said nothing. He jolted slightly and collapsed back into the sand with a loud thud. Mandy gasped, covering her mouth her hands. Seth leaned over, trying not to burst out laughing. Shannon held her tongue, giggling slightly over the fact that McKay just fainted. Taylor smiled, taking a deep sigh. “My hero,” she smirked.

“I can’t believe he just fainted,” Mandy giggled.

“Some tough outback guide this is,” Seth laughed as he walked three steps to the ocean and scooped up a handful of water.

He then walked back and dumped it on McKay’s face. “PHHAFFF!” McKay grunted as the cold liquid immediately woke up him.

“WAKE UP, GRANDPA!!” Seth laughed at the older man.

McKay wiped the water off of his face. He took a deep breath, and saw the young girls laughing at him. “Honey, are you okay?” Taylor said, getting to his side.

Seth grunted as he helped the man up. McKay took a moment and wiped his wet face yet again. He looked at Mandy who was just smiling at him. “Mandy . . .you’re . . .REALLY pregnant?” he asked.

“It’s what the little stick says,” she showed him.

McKay looked at the stick, seeing the plus sign. He looked at her, and began to smile. She was hoping that would come eventually. The Australian them embraced her and she return the hug, happy that he was happy. “Congrats, Mandy,” he said, “I hope this is for real.”

“Of course, it’s for real, “she playfully hit him, “The stick says it is.”

“Are we sure about that?” he said, “I mean . .I heard about these things giving false readings and . . .well . . .you and Boone . . .didn’t. . .I mean . .that wasn’t THAT long ago.”

“He does have a point, Mandy,” Seth told her.

“Well, what else am I supposed to do?” she shrugged her shoulders.

“What anybody would do in this instance,” McKay smirked, “Talk to a doctor.”

“Man, Jack is gonna freak when he hears this.” Shannon laughed.

“With all due respect to Jack, “ the Australian took the young girl by the hand and began to lead her down the beach, “We have our own family doctor.”



Mandy took a deep breath after she got done telling Tony the incredible news. The blind doctor listened and didn’t interrupt her as she told him she was pregnant and how she found out. Marita couldn’t help but laugh; congratulating the young blonde. McKay sat on the ground near his friend with Taylor by his side. Seth and Shannon stood near by waiting for his word on what to do. “How long ago did you and Boone make love, Mandy?” he said, in full blown doctor mode.

“Uh . . .twenty . . .twenty two days . . .I think,” she confessed.

“Is it possible, Tony?” McKay asked, “For her to become pregnant in that short amount of time?”

“Hmmm.” He said, rubbing his cheek, “Well, if she was ovulating at the time it happened. And I’d say it’s safe to assume Boone was a healthy young man .. . .yeah, I’d say it’s possible.”

“Oh, My God,” Mandy whispered, trying to reign in her excitement.

“But that still doesn’t mean we should jump to conclusions. How many more home pregnancy tests do you have?”

“Sawyer had just the one.”

“What is Sawyer doing with a home pregnancy test?” Marita asked the obvious.

“He probably has other female products and condoms, cause he is just a pack rat, but that is not the point, “ McKay grunted, “Tony, why would see more pregnancy tests?”

“In this type of situation, I would recommend that the woman take two more pregnancy tests. One after two weeks and then another after another two weeks.”

“And?” Mandy asked.

“And if both of those are positive, then it’s a fair guess to say that you are pregnant.”

“You think the Outpost has any more pregnancy tests?” Seth said, “There were females in the Liberation?”

“I suppose it’s a safe bet they might have some, “ Tony posed, “Hell, you can talk to Jack, he may have taken a few when he raided the Medical Cabin.”

“McKay, how long do you think it would take for you and Micheal to build another raft?” Mandy then said abruptly.

“What?” the Australian paused, “I don’t . . .what brought this on?”

“If I am pregnant, then I am not staying here,” she said bluntly.

“Mandy, I don’t think we have a choice in the matter.” Taylor said.

“No, Taylor. Claire didn’t have a choice. I do. I will not have my baby born on this Island. McKay, please . . ..can you build another raft?”

McKay sighed and got up on his knees. He leaned over toward Mandy, taking her hand. “I will talk with him,” he sighed, “If he says no, then I will make it myself.”

“Thank you, McKay,” she said, hugging him.

The group slowly got up and began to walk out of Tony’s tent. Mandy walked over to the blind doctor and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks for everything, Tony. You are the best,” she said.

Tony said nothing; just smiled. The group then walked out and began to talk about building another raft. Seth mentioned he was up to making the journey toward the Outpost if she wanted but she refused; saying she had all the information she needed. The blind doctor listened to them and their determination to leave the Island. Knowing what he knew, he couldn’t in all good conscious let them strive out into the ocean on another man-made boat. He then felt the gentle hand of Marita squeeze his hand. “Tony, are you all right?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m good.” He smiled.

“Oh, no, I know that serious look,” she replied, “What are you thinking about?”

“I am not longer thinking,” he said, sighing, “I’ve made my decision.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home