Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Monday, November 07, 2005

Part 254: Six Points

Seth hugged his legs, rocking back and forth. He was sitting on a small rock, as it rested near the ocean. The water would surge up to his legs. The young singer just continued to rock back and forth, keeping his mind focused on Tanya.

And Kate.

And Mandy.

And Jilly.

“GAAAAHHH,” He grunted loudly, “What the hell am I gonna do?”

“It’s pretty frustrating, isn’t it?” Libby said behind him.

Seth turned around abruptly to find the amber haired woman standing near him, holding a small flower in her hands. The young singer wasn’t really in the mood to talk anybody, let alone a female. However, one of the many things Seth was not, was rude. “What’s frustrating?” he asked.

“Being lonely.” She sighed.

“I’m not alone.” Seth responded.

“I didn’t say you were alone. I said you were lonely. Big difference.”

Seth looked at her. He didn’t know Libby very well but he was amazed about how easily she read him. “Yeah, I guess,” he moaned.

“What’s her name, Seth?” she said, approaching him,” This woman you pine for?”

“Tanya Peyton,” he said, resting his head on his knees,” She is the love of my life.”

“She must be,” Libby said, sitting next to him, “All these pretty girls around you and yet, the one true love you have is back home.”

“I HONESTLY don’t need you to remind me about the pretty girls, Libby,” he hissed.

“Of course not. I just wanted to say I hear to help you cope with your emotional strain until we are able to get home.”

“Really? How can you help me cope?”

“I’m a therapist. It’s my job to help people.”

“Something tells me I don’t have my insurance card with me.” He sighed.

“Cute,” she smirked. Libby fiddled with the flower and then dropped it into the ocean, letting it float on the sea foam. “You ever wondered why so many people are pairing up together on the island, Seth?” she asked.

“I have my own theories. My friend Mia has hers and even though it’s hard for me to believe, her theories make more sense than mine.”

“In my college days, we had conducted an experiment to see what would happen to a group of ten strangers.” Libby said, the wind blowing her hair, “Five of them were placed in one room and five were placed in another room. Each room was empty, no table, no chairs, no pictures. We were going to keep the strangers in the room for three hours. The only exception was that one room had light and the other room was completely dark.”

Seth then began interested. “What happened?” he asked.

“We monitored both rooms. The people in the room with Light started to talk among themselves, tell jokes and stories to keep from being bored. Typical stuff you might see. The dark room however, got a little more interesting.”

“How interesting?”

“People started to touch each other. After thirty minutes, couples would hold hands. One woman and one man started to kiss each other. People they had only met an hour before, were already making out.”

“Why would they do such a thing?”

“They were trapped in darkness. They needed to be with someone in order to feel like they weren’t alone. You are feeling that response now, yes?”

“Yes,” he sighed, “I guess . . .the Island is the dark room, huh?”

“Indeed.”

“Thank you, Libby.” He sniffed, “That . . .makes more sense.”

“You are welcome, Seth. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.”

“You’ve already given me a handful of stuff to think about. Thank you.”

Libby patted him on the shoulder and then stood up; walking away. Seth took a deep breath; missing Tanya but feeling a little less frustrated. He wasn’t sure how he was going to cope but he was going to remain true to his love. He wondered for a brief second; if she was true to him? If she wasn’t; he really couldn’t blame her. After all, by all accounts, she may assume he was dead. Seth leaned his head against his knees; watching Libby’s flower drift off into the distant oceanic seascape

-----------------------------------------------,

Karleigh walked along the beach, feeling the slightly hot sand between her toes. She knew was garnering a few glances from the men on the beach, considering that she was only wearing a t-shirt and red panties. In the absence of a bikini it was the best she could fine. She figured sun-bathing would be her best pastime, but there was one more object she needed to complete her new hobby; sunglasses.

And according to all those she asked, only one man could provide her with them.

Karleigh walked up to Sawyer’s tent, as the blue tarps flapped in the wind. The redneck was flipping through what appeared to be a calendar and the rich girl immediately took notice of what was on his face. “Why are you wearing granny glasses?” she immediately asked.

“None of your business, little girl,” he said, immediately taking them off.

“Wait, only one side looks like a granny glasses. Where did you find such an ugly pair?”

“They were made for me. Can I help you with something?”

“Well, it just so happens that I am in need of some sunglasses. Word around the camps is that you are the man to see.”

“Word happens to be correct,” Sawyer lit up a cigarette,” But did you also hear the word about how this works?”

“Yeah, I heard. Trade for trade. I was had hoped, Sawyer . . .that considering my situation over the fact that I was held in a bunker for a month and have nothing to trade, you might let me slide this one time.”

“Oh, I can think about a few things I might like to slide, darlin,” Sawyer grinned.

Karleigh’s cheeks then immediately flooded to a bright red. “You pig!” she grunted, “Hal warned me about you! If you think for one second-“

“HEY, SAWYER!” Dutch said, coming up from behind Karleigh, “How you doing?”

“We are in the middle of a business discussion, cowabunga.” The redneck sneered, “Maybe you might want to come back later when it’s over.”

“And a . . .MANGIFICANT . . .discussion, I am sure it will be. However, I am in a bit of a hurry, so I thought I could do my trade and then leave?”

Sawyer sighed, “What do you want?”

“A pair of sunglasses.” He smiled, blinking his eyes.

Karleigh looked at Dutch with an odd look. Sawyer didn’t budge; but produced a slight smirk as a sigh of respect to the surfer. “Is that right?” the southern man whispered.

“You betcha,” Dutch replied, like an innocent school boy.

“What’cha got?”

Dutch then tossed him a bottle of shaving cream. Sawyer caught it and looked it, noticing it was a full bottle. “I got it on good authority,” Dutch chuckled, “That various reports from various women on this Island is that some of the men look better without their marooned beards. Want to take a chance that you are one of those men, Sawyer?”

Sawyer chuckled to himself. The young man was playing up to his ego; about how Sawyer like being close to the ladies. A fresh shave and a nice smelling set of cheeks might make it easier for him. The redneck tossed the bottle in his hand and laid back on his seat. “Red box,” he pointed.

Dutch gently moved past Karleigh and picked up the red box. Without missing a beat, he opened up the lid and allowed the rich girl to look through. Karleigh looked to Sawyer and stuck her tongue out at him. The redneck just shook his head, silently laughing to himself. The young girl then found a pair she liked and put them off, showing them off like Marilyn Monroe. Dutch put down the box and sighed. “Nice doing business with you, Sawyer.” He said, smiling from ear to ear.

“Brown nose.” Sawyer shot at him.

“Plow boy,” Dutch shot back, after leaving with Karleigh

The young couple walked along the beach. Karleigh cleaned her new sunglasses off with her shirt and then put them back on. She looked back to Dutch but didn’t say anything; just smiled at him. The surfer did the same thing; no words were spoken between them. Perhaps they weren’t ready for words. At the moment, they just enjoyed each other’s company.


-------------------------------------------------------------,

Hurley walked along the beach with Joscelyn by his side. The large man kept his eyes on the ground as the young woman had helped him and her come up with a new hobby; sea shell hunting. Joscelyn picked up a white shell, and washed it off in the ocean water. She then gave it to Hurley, who stuck it in his pants as they used them to carry. “Just . .uh . .fair warning, Joe,” he smiled, “Any more sea shells and I won’t be able to keep my pants up.”

“Okay,” she laughed,” I am pretty sure I have what I need anyway.”

“You gonna take these back to your family in England?” Hurley said, as they turned around.

“Los Angeles actually,” she said, holding a shell between her thumb and finger, “I am never going back to the UK.”

“Why not? Is it a bad place to live?”

“More or less,” she sighed.

Hurley paused for a second. He could tell by the tone in her voice that something happened to her in her native country and she didn’t want to talk about it. He quickly decided to change the subject. “So, why Los Angeles?” he coughed.

“I have family there,” Joscelyn smiled, “My sister Paige lives there, she married a gentleman named Derek. They have a lovely daughter named Lilly. Paige said it would be okay if I came to live with her and watch over Lilly.”

“What, like a baby sitter?”

“The term we use is Nanny,” Joscelyn giggled.

“Oh. Nanny. Right. I will to remember that.”

“So why were you in Australia, Hurley? I can tell you are not from there.”

“I was . .uh . .looking for someone.” He smiled, trying to hide his past about the numbers.

“A woman?” Joe’s eyes with wide with concern for a second.

“WHAT? NO! oh . .God, no,” Hurley coughed,” No, I was looking for a gentleman to help me with a business . . .problem.”

“Oh? What kind of business are you in?”

“I . . don’t . . .have a job.” Hurley then sighed.

Joscelyn was growing even more and more curious about Hurley’s past, as he continued to give her vague answers. However, what right did she have to demand those answer when she wasn’t ready to become forthcoming with what she also kept deep inside. She then gently, by instinct, felt of the scar on her forehead. Hurley had noticed it before but he had never seen the young woman even touch it. “Is that kinda like . . .a Harry Potter scar?” he said, pointing.

“What?” she giggled.

“You know . . .you only touch it when the bad guys are coming?” Hurley then looked around to see if any Liberation were showing up.

Joscelyn immediately forgot about the betrayal behind the scar and laughed; never heard anybody told it that way. She leaned up to Hurley and kissed him on the cheek. “You are so incredibly cute.” She said.

Joscelyn walked past him, heading back to their tent. Hurley was immobile once again. He slowly felt of his cheek, closing his eyes. “I swear to God, woman,” he whispered low to himself, “If you kiss me again, I am gonna faint.”

Hurley caught up to himself and walked up to the tent, pulling all the sea shells out of his pocket. Joscelyn smiled as he took them from him. She started to assemble them, imaging the necklace she was gonna to make from them. Hurley sat down, and pulled out another soda from his makeshift cooler, filled with ocean water. He handed her one and she smiled as she popped the top. As they sipped, they shared the silence they had grown common with each other. Joscelyn sipped on her soda and then asked, “You got a girlfriend back home, Hurley?” she asked.

“No, not me,” he said, sipping on his beverage, “How about you?”

“Not me either.” She said, acting shy, then said,” So, what type of girl you looking for?”

“Me?” Hurley smirked, “She’d have to be . . . a little bit of reserved. I never really went for the girls with the wild streaks. She would have to have . . .curly brown hair and a smile that brighten even the saddest of days.”

Joscelyn did her best not to giggle. Hurley then said, “So, how about you? What are you looking for in a man?”

“Well, he would have to be tall. Kinda . . .have a . . .cuddly aspect. Someone who likes to cuddle. He would definitely have to love to eat, cause I love to cook. And someone who isn’t afraid to stand up for me if I ever needed him too.”

Hurley shook his head. Joscelyn then ran her fingers through her hair, and looked down, counting her shells. “Of course, if he was rich, that would be a bonus,” she laughed.

Hurley nearly gulped. He didn’t think Joscelyn would mention money. Did she somehow know he was rich or was she joking? Regardless, he wasn’t going to tell her about the money. He believed Mia; he knew she shut down the curse thanks to the computer with the electromagnetic signals.

However, he was paranoid enough not to take the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home