Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Part 251: Jenny and Me

Shanna walked through the jungle after hearing the news from Claire. Something about Charlie and Seth wanting to see her for something urgent. After leaving Flower with Andra, she had walked over through the jungle to the beach area where her friends were waiting. When she arrived, she was curious to find her friends there, not to mention Jack in their midst. “Hey, guys, what’s going?” she asked.

“Get your drum set ready, Shanna,” Charlie told her, “ We have an emergency jam session.”

“Huh?” she replied, amused by the word.

“You got a problem with Hanson songs, Shanna?” Seth said, poking up his head from his paper he was writing heavily on.

“Not . . .really,” she said, still confused.

“I want it on record their original stuff was pure childish pop crap.” Charlie said, tuning his guitar.

“YES, CHARLIE,” Jack grunted, looking up from the paper he was reading, “You’ve made that perfectly clear!”

Seth then handed Shanna the piece of paper he was writing on. The redhead looked it, easily recognizing a sheet of music when she saw one. The scribble was a little fast but otherwise, the notes and tempo was easily recognizable. “Seth, you didn’t tell me you could write music,” she smiled.

“Like my singing and dancing, this just came easily too.” He smiled, continuing to write.

“So, Jack . . .is gonna sing this?” Shanna looked.

“Yeah,” the doctor replied, studying the words to the song.

“He’s doing it for Jenny,” the singer smiled.

“That’s sweet, Jack. Really.”

“Thanks, Shanna,” he said, sitting down and studying the words more.

He continue to sing under his breath. Seth looked at him and smirked, seeing his hands were trembling slightly. The young bookstore worker placed his hand on the doctor’s shoulder. “Don’t forget to breath, Jack,” he reminded him.

Jack paused, then laughed abruptly. “Whew,” he blew through his lips, “Does it show that I am nervous as hell?”

“Just a little, “ Charlie smirked.

“I can’t believe this, I got no problem doing a spinal bypass but I can’t get my guts enough to sing to one little girl.”

“You should you don’t want me to sing?” asked Seth.

“No, I need to do this. It’s the only way I can think of . .to get Jenny back.”

Jack then took a deep breath and continued to memorize the lyrics. He paused for a second, closed his eyes and slowly counted to five. Then he continued to read over the lyrics.



Jenny stared into the ocean, seeing the seaform sway in the distance with a beautiful mixture of greens and blues. The blonde paused to remove her hair from her face after the wind blew it up. After corrected it, she was graced by Kristy’s presence yet again. The model kneeled down next to her. “Jenny, you need to come with me.” She said, slightly forcefully.

“What for?” the teenager responded.

“Jack needs you to see something.” Kristy said sternly, “It sounded real serious.”

Jenny paused for a second and then looked at her friend with a slight amount of contempt; mad that she is forcing her to get up. She took a deep breath then stood up and motioned for Kristy to lead the way. The two friends then began their walk down the long end of the beach. As they walked by Claire, the Australian woman waved to him as she held onto her baby. Kristy waved back and Jenny did too but only briefly. The blonde was unsure what Jack was going to do but she hoped it would work.

Kristy and Jenny then transversed the small area of tree growth and wound up on the other side, where Turboshaft played their last little concert. Jenny looked around and spotted Jack talking with Seth. “Jack, what is going on here?” she asked.

“Oh, hey, Jenny,” he said, walking over to her.

“What’s up, Jack? Kristy said it was urgent.”

“Yeah, actually it is. I need you to witness this and give me your opinion.”

“Witness .. .what?” Jenny was confused over the vagueness of what her ex-brother-in-law was saying.

Jack shook his head to the group of musicians. Charlie then started strumming on his guitar to a softer tune. Within a few seconds, Shanna started to bring up a slow but somber drum beat; keeping her eyes on the music sheet to her right. Seth swayed to a beat, clapping his hands in time with the rhythm. Jack then held up his hand and coughed. Then, much to Jenny’s surprise, he started to sing.

Cigars in the summertime under the sky by the light
I can feel you read my mind
I can see it in your eyes under the moon as it plays
like music every line
There's a rug with bleeding dye under the fan in the room
Where the passions burning high by the chair
with the leopard skin under the light
It's always Jenny and me tonight


“Huh?” the young teenager gasped, hearing her name in the song.

Jack smirked, catching her by surprise. He started to do a dance, while Kristy did her best not to laugh. Seth just smiled, keeping with the beat. The doctor caught his breath and started to continue to sing.

On the plane step up with both my feet
Riding in seat number 3 on a flight to NYC
Got my bean in a coffee cup next to my seat
Catch the view and another good book to read
Sending me home on the friendly skies
Missing her eyes
It's always Jenny and me tonight


Jenny then jumped as she heard Seth join the doctor into a massive chorus.

Cause Jenny and me like to roll the windows down
Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground
And Jenny and me like to gaze at starry skies
Close our eyes, pretend to fly
It's always Jenny and me tonight!


Kristy then felt of her chest, as she saw Jenny crack a smile for the first time in the past four days. The blonde teenager giggled slightly, and Jack smiled; pointing at her. It made him feel like he succeeded a bit. He swirled, doing another dance and sung the words.

Staring at a million city lights
But it's still Jenny and I all alone beneath the sky
Feel the wind brushing slowly by
If I could soar I'd try to take these wings and fly
Away to where the leaves turn red
But no matter where I am instead


Seth quickly jumped into the chorus.


Singing along to feeling alright
We'll make it by in the pink moonlight
It's always Jenny and me tonight!

Cause Jenny and me like to roll the windows down
Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground
And Jenny and me like to gaze at starry skies
Close our eyes, pretend to fly
close our eyes pretend to fly
It's always Jenny and me tonight


The music then stopped slowly. Jack then stopped dancing and slowly approached the girl he felt was a sister to him. He gently took her hands, as she continued to smile at him. He got serious and then began to sing slowly.

Jenny likes to get away and drown her pain in lemonade
Jenny dreams of rainy days and nights up late by the fireplace
And aimless conversations about the better days

Jenny smiled but then started to cry. The words drown her pain stuck out to her and she also liked lemonade, which was weird. Jack then slowly stepped back and began to pick up the beat again.

Singing along to feeling alright, yeah
We'll make it by in the pink moonlight
It's always Jenny and me tonight

Cause Jenny and me like to roll the windows down
Turn the radio up, push the pedal to the ground
And Jenny and me like to gaze at starry skies
Close our eyes pretend to fly
close our eyes pretend to fly
It's always Jenny and me tonight


The music then stopped abruptly. Seth and Kristy then started to applaud Jack’s efforts. The doctor bowed like an actor on the stage. Shanna couldn’t stop giggling. Jenny wiped her tears, laughing in spurts. The young bookstore worker then strode up and said, “Well, Jenny. What do you think? Is Jack ready to start his singing career?”

“No,” she half-giggled.

The group laughed at her response. Jack just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. “He’s . . .horrible.” Jenny then laughed.

“But you liked it, Mei-mei?” Jack asked.

“It was . . .pretty . . .funny . . .”

Jenny’s face then contorted like she was in pain. She grasped her arms and started to make a sound, which could best be described as hyperventilating. Jack then came up to her. “That’s it, Jenny,” he whispered, “Let it out.”

“No,” she whimpered.

“You can’t hold this in. It’s not good for you, mei-mei,”

“I’m . . .not . . .weak . . .” she said, still hyperventilating.

“No one here thinks that, least of all me.” The doctor said, gently taking her arms.

Jenny then collapsed into chest and screamed; soaking her tears into his shirt. Jack held onto as she finally let out the anguish that she had been building for the past few days. Kristy held her tongue, trying not to cry but seeing her friend in such pain didn’t make it easy. Shanna held her mouth, feeling the same way. Charlie and Seth just stared at the poor girl.

Jack then felt her collapsing so he fell down with her, as they both got on their knees. “I got you, Jenny,” Jack assured, “I’m right here.”

“OH, GOD!!!” she screamed, “MAAARRRRTTTYYYY!!!!”

“I know, mei-mei, I know,” Jack said, trying to hold in his own tears.

Kristy then walked over and kneeled beside them. She gently placed her hand on Jenny’s shoulder. The blonde then slowly removed her face from Jack’s chest, looking at her friend. Her face was bright red and the tears came out in streams. “Oh, God, Kristy,” she whimpered, “I’m so sorry.”

“No,” the model whispered.

“I couldn’t . . .I couldn’t save him . . .”

“No, honey, this wasn’t your fault,” Kristy assured her.

“Marty . . .didn’t have to die . . .oh, God . . .Raven .. .he could . . .he could have chosen to live . . .why . . .why . . .”

Jenny continued to cry as Jack held onto her. Shanna then walked over and hugged Seth’s arm, leaning her head on his shoulder. Watching the display of human emotion, she felt she needed contact with a trusted friend. Seth knew immediately why she did it; he gently pulled his arm away, then put it around her and kissed her on the forehead. Charlie just sank his head low and walked away. He felt he needed to be with Claire and Aaron at that moment.

Jenny slowly started to catch her breath. She gently rubbed Jack’s arms as he held onto her. Then she held out her hand and Kristy took it. “Thanks for not giving up on me,” she sniffed.

“Never,” the model assured.

“I love you, Jack,” Jenny cried,” You were always good to me.”

Jack barely held in his tears. The girl wasn’t even related to him by blood and he considered her a sister regardless. “I want to see Sarah, Jack,” she whimpered, “I want to go home.”

“I know, mei-mei,” he sniffed, “We all do.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home