Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Part 242: Change of Fate

The group was not talking. Kate had nearly broken down into tears. So much death they went through, Marita was never supposed to die. She was too pure, too innocent. Tony cried as he held her in his arms. The one light in his life had been taken from him. The blind man caressed her cheek, kissing her on the forehead. “I love you, baby,” he whimpered.

“Tony?” Marita grunted.

The blind man stopped crying. Everyone then leaned in close. “Marita, are you . .” Tony was floored that she wasn’t dead. Did this mean she was dying?

“My chest feels funny,” the Latina moaned, “ I think I got heart burn.”

Jack got on his knees and looked closer at Marita’s wound. He examined best he could, then noticed the blood soaking up her shirt was not as much as a knife would should have been. Tony then gently started to place his hand around the blade and immediately felt the hairs on his arm rise.

The blade was moving.

“He missed,” Tony whispered in astonishment,” Dear . ..GOD . .IN . .HEAVEN, HE MISSED!!!”

“What?” Sawyer gasped, “He missed what?”

“He missed her heart, Sawyer,” Jack gasped with a smile and tears in his eyes, “I can’t believe it! He didn’t kill her!”

“Is . .is that possible?” Kate said with a slack jaw, “To be stabbed like that and not . .”

“The blade is moving, Kate,” the doctor pointed, “It is moving in time with her heart beat, cause the muscle is pushing it.”

“We got to get her to infirmary now,” Tony said, picking her up gently.

“Why is everybody staring at me?” Marita grunted as Jack and Tony picked her up.

“Can you help her, Jack?” Kate asked.

“I can! Cause this time . .I have a medical ward.” He said, shuffling his feet toward the infirmary.

The group walked with Jack and Tony as they carried the wounded Marita toward the medical cabin. They past Clay who was still standing where he was when Cedric ran past him. “What happened?” he asked.

“I’ll deal with you later, coward!” Sawyer barked at him, as he walked past him shoving a finger in his face.

“But . .” no one was interested in Clay’s side of the story.

The group finally arrived at the infirmary. They gently placed on the operating table. Jack immediately went to a large gray fridge and pulled out two bags of IV drips. He immediately started to set up the necessary hook stand. Then he began pull out on the medicine he would need. “Kate, you ready to be my nurse?” he asked.

“What do you need?” she quickly said.

“Wash your hands over here with me, “ he said, moving to the sink, “Then get me some gloves and a mask out of that cabinet to your right.”

Jack then turned around, “Sawyer, bring that X-Ray machine toward Marita.”

“Where?” the redneck asked, of course not know what he was looking for.

“The bage thing with the warning label, I am pointing right at it!” Jack grunted as he held his finger toward the bulky machine.

“This . .this is REALLY an X-Ray Machine?” Sawyer said, grabbing it by the handles.

“JUST BRING IT!!” Jack and Kate screamed in unison.

“Fine, fine, don’t yell at me!” He replied, dragging it over.

Tony proceeded to rip off the remains of Marita’s shirt. The Latina didn’t move but felt extremely strange, noticing the slight amount of effort it was taking to breath. “Tony?” she asked.

“Yeah, baby?” he said, placing the shirt aside.

“Am I stabbed?” she said, with a gulp.

“How you feeling?”

“All right, I guess . . .kinda hard to breath, like my heart is taking some work.”

“You felling any pain in your lungs, or your throat? Like you might want to cough?”

“Not really,” Marita said, “I am stabbed, aren’t I?”

“Yeah, it was Cedric,” Tony caressed her hair, “But you are gonna be fine, you hear me?”

“I’m . . .not gonna die . ..like Boone?” she started to cry.

“No, not like Boone,” Jack said, allowing Kate to put the medical gloves on him.

“You gonna give her something for the pain?” Tony said.

“Yeah, then remove the knife.”

“Tony . .” she whimpered.

Jack quickly found a vein and then started to inject her with morphine. She started to slowly drift off into sleep. Tony leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. He then held out his hand and John immediately took it. As the archer led him out of the room, Tony smelled of Sawyer and gently pulled him by his shirt. It was best to leave Jack to work. Sawyer turned just in time for Jack to slide the massive vid-screen of the X-Ray machine over top of Marita.

John led Tony toward a nearby stump and the blind man slumped down. Sawyer took a deep breath, holding the shotgun over his shoulder. John kneeled down beside his friend, massaging his shoulder. “I am sure Jack will pull her out of this, man,” he sniffed.

“Yeah, I know he will.” He sniffed.

“How is she?” McKay asked as he was walking toward them.

“She’s stable,” the blind doctor wiped the tear coming from his good eye, “ Jack is with her now.”

“I am sure he’ll be able to help her, Tony, “ Libby whispered.

“Locke, you okay?” John said, immediately noticing the field bandage on his arm.

“It’s nothing,” he commented, “Marita’s wound far outweighs mine.”

Clay then walked up to the group. Only one or two of them looked at him. The billionaire ran his fingers through his hair and coughed. “I just wanted to make sure you understood that this WASN’T my fault.” He commented.

“Excuse me?” John stood up.

“The man had a knife, what was I supposed to do?”

“You were supposed to stop him, Clay,” Ana-Lucia grunted.

“Excuse me, Ana, I wasn’t the one who stabbed her.” The man protested.

Every man for himself doesn’t work out here, Clay,” Tony grunted, “All you had to do was tackle him. We were coming to get him.”

“Are you ever going to risk your neck for someone other than yourself?” asked Libby.

“Do I really have to answer that?” Clay gulped.

Tony stood up. “Sawyer, McKay, John . . .I need you guys to come with me.” He whispered.

The blind man took a step forward until he was face to face with Clay. The billionaire wasn’t sure what the man was capable of doing, considering he blamed him for Cedric hurting Marita. Tony took a deep breath and wiped the remaining tear. “I have something that I promise you, Clay,” he coughed.

“What’s that?” he asked.

“If Marita dies . . . .you will also soon after.” Tony warned.

“But . .but. . .this isn’t . .” he stuttered.

“I would advise you to be quiet, Clayton,” Ana-Lucia said with crossed arms.

Tony then pushed past him and proceeded to walk forward. John then followed after him with McKay. Sawyer began to follow them and then spit on Clay’s shirt. The billionaire grunted as the redneck walked past him. As they group walked forward, John quickly caught up to Tony as the blind man placed his sunglasses back on. “Tony, what are we doing?” he asked.

“I want to make sure Cedric is dead.” He grunted.

The group walked forward to the area where Cedric wounded Marita. The turned the corner around the cabin and Sawyer was the first one to cough. McKay blinked severely at the sight before him. “He’s not dead, is he?” Tony sighed.

“I can’t believe it,” Sawyer grunted, “I shot him twice. IN THE BACK!!”

Cedric wheezed as he crawled through the dirt, leaving a blood trail behind. Tony then took off his glasses and tucked them the collar of his shirt. He held out his hand to Sawyer. “Your shotgun, please.” He whispered.

The redneck relinquished his weapon to the near blind man. Tony then proceeded to walk toward the crazed wild boy while he still tried to crawl away. The doctor then cocked back the breech and placed the barrel on the back of Cedric’s head. “Why won’t you die?” Tony asked plainly.

“I . . .hurt . . .your lady .. .friend, doctor,” Cedric coughed up blood, “I . .only. . .regret . .I couldn’t . . .do more. . .”

“You truly are an evil little punk,” Tony sniffed, “I am beginning to think you are the son of the Devil.”

“I . .see . .you . . in hell, doctor,” the wild boy gagged.

Tony tried to think of a snappy comeback but at that particular moment, he couldn’t think of one. He smirked, shrugging his shoulders and pulling the trigger.

John held up his hands, seeing Cedric’s head explode. The blood and bone was sprayed out on the ground in a ten foot radius. Tony took a deep breath, then placed his sunglasses back on. He cocked the shotgun back, hearing the shell fly out of the chamber and land on the ground. The blind man began his walk back toward his friends. He then held his shotgun toward Sawyer who took it from him. “You okay, Tony?” asked McKay.

“I am now,” he took a deep breath,” He can’t hurt anybody anymore.”

“Yeah,” John said, quietly feeling of the wound on his cheek.

“Sawyer, is that . . .beer I smell on your breath?” the blind man asked.

“Actually, yeah,” the redneck admitted.

“Lead me too it. This has been one hell of a nerving day and I could stand a drink.”

The four friends the began their journey to the mess hall. Hall and Libby stayed where they were. The therapist wanted to talk to the blind man; help him through the hours ahead but after her speech about keep the prisoners alive and then what just happened, she didn’t feel it was her place.

Was the threat truly over?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home