Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Part 98: Day 16

Tony grunted as the blood squirted into his face yet again. He had to get the bullets out but to do that with his damaged eye, he had to be within two inches from the wound. It made it most difficult to reach and to even see what he was doing. Every time he reached in, Brendon would scream a little more. John held onto the Asian man’s hand, offering whatever support he could. Marita stayed with Tony, wiping the blood from his face. Tony tried one last time, and then thrust upward abruptly, taking a deep breath. He coughed and exhaled, “I can’t get it!”

“Is it too deep, Tony?” John asked.

“It . . .it is.” The blind doctor fought for breath.

Marita tried not to cry as she wiped the blood from his face. “You . .you can’t save him?”

“If I was in a real hospital, I could. IF I HAD MY SIGHT, I COULD!” Tony bellowed.

“Tony . . .” Brendon whispered.

The blind doctor turned around and leaned downward. He helped the Asian man slowly lay on his back to be more comfortable. “Brendon, I got one bullet but . . .” Tony tried to talk, “But the other one is too deep. I can’t reach it. If I try, you’ll only bleed faster.”

“It’s okay,” Brendon replied.

“Brendon . ..I’m sorry. I’m so very sorry.”

The young Asian man opened his eyes to the blood covered doctor. “Did you shoot me?” he asked.

Tony wiped his face, not expecting such a question. “No, of course, not!” he coughed.

“Then what do you have to be sorry for?” Brendon smiled.

Tony chuckled slightly, then rested his head on his patient’s shoulder. John rubbed a tear from his eye, holding onto Brendon’s hand. “I know . . .you came out there to help get me out of that cave,” the archer whispered, “So, you really . ..gave your life for me. I will never forget it, Brendon. Thank you.”

“You’re a good man, John. I know,” he replied, “Now, do me an honor . . .promise me . . .you’ll take care of Mia.”

“I promise,” John replied without hesitation.

“I am so . . .fortunate . . .to be surrounded by such . . .good people,” Brendon whispered.

Tony leaned up, rubbing the excess sweat and blood from his face. He wished he could help Brendon but the circumstances didn’t permit it. Marita placed her hands on Tony’s shoulders, and he gently took her hand. Tony felt for Brendon’s other hand and squeezed it. The Asian man took deep breathes, nearly every second. “Is there anything we can do for you, Brendon?” the blind doctor whispered.

“I would like to be alone . . . with my friends.” He whispered.

Tony then let go of his hand, and stood up. Marita took his arm and guided him out with John following. Outside the Medical Tent, the rest of the group was gathered around. The Midnight hour showed across the beach, as they were covered in darkness, lit only by the campfires. McKay looked up as Taylor was helping him with his shoulder. Mandy tried to keep from crying but it wasn’t working. Natasha couldn’t help but shed a tear as well. Bernard was with Kristy, Jenny and Martin; leading them all in prayer. Seth stood up, and walked over to Tony. “Tony . . is he . . .” he couldn’t form the words.

“He wants to see you, Seth,” Tony whispered, “And Shanna and Mia.”

Seth gulped and looked at the medical tent. He gently picked up the sword and walked over to it. Shanna wiped her tears and slowly followed. Mia took a deep breath and walked with them, gently rubbing John’s arm as she walked past. The archer traced her arm as well until she was out of his reach.

The three friends walked into the medical tent, looking at their wounded friend. Brendon lay still on a makeshift blanket; the cloth slowly becoming red. Seth walked over and kneeled down near his head. Mia kneeled down next to Seth and Shanna kneeled down opposite of them. Brendon slowly opened his eyes and smiled. “My friends” he whispered.

“Brendon, why did you have to be the hero?” Seth cried.

“Do not . .grieve . .my friend.” The Asian man looked at his friend, “Mia was right . . .you helped me . .to regain my honor. . . .”

Seth wiped his tears, but they were starting to come too fast. Brendon leaned up his head slightly, seeing that Seth held the sword in his hand. He gently reached over, touching it. “Seth, you must promise me something” he wisped.

“Anything,” he wept.

“I am . . .the last of clan . . .my family line . .dies with me. That sword has been . . .past down from father to son . . .promise me . .you’ll carry the tradition with you.”

“Brendon, no, I can’t . ..”

“Yes, you can and you will . . . I know . . .I know in my heart you’ll make it home . . .and you and Tanya will have children . . .promise me.”

“I promise,” the young bookstore worker sniffed.

“Mia,” Brendon whispered.

“I’m here,” she wept, placing her hand on his chest.

Brendon slowly raised up his left hand, reaching for the necklace around his neck. He squeezed it out and pulled it off his neck, ripping the string. He held it out to her, and she took it from him. “Your last culture lesson,” he smiled, “It is . . .the Jade Buddha. May it . .bring you good fortune.”

She took the trinket and held it close to her heart. “Thank you.” She wept.

“Don’t ever change, Mia,” Brendon smiled, “You are . .strong . . .you always have been.”

She held onto his arm, “Thank you, Brendon. For everything.”

“Shanna?” the Asian man smiled, “Oh, Shanna . . .with the beautiful hair . . .”

The red head cried, gently rubbing Brendon’s forehead. He slowly closed his eyes and leaned his head toward her. “In my bag is a book . . . I want you to take it . . .finish it for me . . .”

“I will,” she said, leaning down and kissing him on the forehead.

Brendon leaned back, slightly in pain. The three friends held onto his arms, letting them know they were with him. He relaxed again and took deep breathes. He then struggled to talk one more time. “Do you remember . . .when I bore my soul . .my crime to you . .” he coughed,” and you . . held me after . ..all of us . .together.”

“We remember,” Seth wept.

“Don’t lose that moment,” he whispered, “Always . . .remember us like that . ..”

“We will,” Shanna cried.

Brendon opened his eyes and looked toward Seth. He slowly held up his hand and the young bookstore worker took it. The two friends held hands, squeezing tight. The Asian man slowly closed his eyes. “Farewell, Brother,” he whispered.

Brendon then dropped his head to the side. “Brendon?” Seth blinked.

He felt his friend’s hand go limp into his own. Seth then shook his friend gently but he didn’t respond. Shanna felt back onto her buttocks, covering her crying face with her hands. Mia gasped, finding it difficult to breathe. Seth leaned forward, shaking him again. “BRENDON!!!” he screamed.

Brendon didn’t respond. He was truly gone.

Seth collapsed onto his friend’s chest. He started to wail at the lost of a man he could have loved as a brother. He screamed that he should have been the one to die; not him. Mia then came over and leaned on Seth, holding onto him. She couldn’t stop. Shanna then got up and embraced all of them yet again.

Maybe it was by choice or maybe it was by instinct. Brendon spoke of when their friendship truly bloomed; when they held each other after he spoke of the blackness within his heart and how their friendship help him purge it. At that moment, they returned to that same group hug, holding him one last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home