Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Friday, July 28, 2006

Part 400: The Aspects of a Hero

January 23rd, 2009


Jenny sat in her chair and twirled around and around. She remember visiting Jack in his hospital office and like any kid, she would spin the chair round and round like a merry-go-around. She wondered why she never loss the need to spin the chair. Perhaps it helped her think. She had to try and figure out Ortega’s next move. His picture was in the papers, not to mention America’s Most Wanted. Most of the stuff was made up but it was the price to pay; as they all knew, America wasn’t ready to believe in super-men. Jenny sighed and leaned forward onto her desk, stopping her spinning. She looked over to Kellye’s empty desk. Her partner would be back at work tomorrow after she is officially released from the hospital. Jenny really did miss her friend. The phone then gently rang and she answered it. “Homicide, Baker,” she whispered.

“Hello, Jenny,” an arrogant voice giggled, “How is the case coming?”

Jenny slowly raised up, not recognizing the voice. “Who is this?” she asked.

“I’m the one. I’m the man you are looking for.”

Jenny slowly looked around. Her other members to her task force were investigating other crimes at the moment. “Ortega?” she whispered.

“You know what the ironic part is? I honestly don’t know if that is my real name.”

“What the hell do you want?” Jenny demanded.

“I just wanted to call and tell you how much I admire you.” He said, sincerely, “ I’ve been researching your life, especially on the life of the Island. I got every People magazine that you were in, especially the one where people thought you and Haley Joel Osmount were having a seriously relationship.”

“Hollywood Gossip doesn’t interest me,” Jenny grunted.

“But it has too, Little Bit. You are a celebrity. You are a cop now and everything. The little girl who lived. Survived ten days out at open season with nothing but a bottle of diet coke. I hear the Coke company gave you free Diet Coke for a year, is that true?”

“What the hell do you want, Ortega?” she snapped.

“Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, MANNERS,” he said, offended, “I am just trying to get to know you, Jenny. You honored me. You colored your hair like hers. You wanted me to notice you and notice you I did. You are like me. A warrior.”

“I’m nothing like you, you piece of trash! And when I find you-“

“We’ll have an epic battle, I know. In fact, I can’t wait for it. You are a hero, Jenny. You have all the aspects of a hero. You are noble, you are loyal to your friends, and you have an overwhelming desire to do what is right.”

“Glad you noticed. Now, why don’t you tell me where you are and I’ll arrest you for your trouble.”

“In due time, Jenny. In due time,” Ortega replied with a sigh, “We’ll have our High Noon soon enough. But like I was saying, you are a hero and you deserve to be worshipped by every young girl in California. I am going to help you become a hero, Jenny.”

“I DON’T WANT YOUR DAMN HELP!!” Jenny screamed.

“I knew you’d say that. So I took the liberty of making your experienced the one thing missing out of your heroic profile.”

“What?”

“Loss.” Ortega said in all seriousness.

Jenny froze when the psychopath whispered such a word. She took a deep breath and tried to speak. “What . . .wha . .what are you talking about?” she asked.

“Martin doesn’t count,” Ortega continued, “You barely knew him. I read your interview with Newsweek and you said how much his death affected you. I don’t think it was because he was a good friend; I think it was because his was the only death closest to you on that Island. In order for you to be a true hero, Jenny, you must experience deep personal loss and rise above it to defeat the true Evil . . .which, will be me, of course.”

“Ortega, listen to me! What Loss? What have you done?” Jenny demanded.

“I’ll see you soon, Jenny. In the meantime . . .you might want to go visit your mom.”

“My mom?” Jenny gasped.

Ortega then hung up the phone. The blonde stared at the receiver, not believing what she heard. He was killer and since killing was easy, how hard was lying? He didn’t go near her mother; he was lying. He was bluffing; trying to make her upset. If her mother was dead, Jenny would know. Jenny would know. Jenny would . . . .know.

The young blonde then grabbed her keys and ran out of her office. She quickly jolted past a bunch of cops that were standing near their desks. She dove out the door and ran to her truck. By the time she was starting it up, Ana-Lucia saw her from the sidewalk as she was coming in. She tried to flag her down but Jenny ignored her. She drove her truck out of the parking lot and into the street as quickly as she could.

By the time, she picked up her cellphone; it was already ringing. She quickly answered it. “Hello?” she asked in a panicked voice.

“Jenny, where the hell are you going?” Ana-Lucia asked.

“My mom’s house. I think . . .Oh, God, Ana . . .I think Ortega has hurt my mom!”

“WHAT?” the Latina gasped.

“Please, send any black and whites to her house, please. I am on my way but I got to hang up, cause I need to call her, Ana!”

“Jenny-“

Jenny didn’t hear Ana-Lucia’s last words as she quickly hung up the phone and hit the speed dial for her mother’s house. The ringing echoed in her ear but no answer. Jenny waited and waited but her mother didn’t pick up. Her eyes began to swell up with tears of fear and panic. “No, no, no, please, no,” she whimpered.



Within several minutes, she finally arrived at her mothers neighborhood. She had to activate the blue siren in her truck to get their faster. Specks of water dripped on her wind shield as it was starting to rain. She poured the accelerator down her mother’s suburbs and finally reached her mother’s house. Jenny hit the brakes and quickly exited the vehicle; leaving it running. The blonde ran toward the front door of her mother’s house. “MOOOOMMMMMM!!!!” Jenny screamed

The cop burst into the house and fell forward. She quickly looked around at the living room covered in darkness. No sign of her parent. She then got up to run and check on her room. Jenny then paused at the entrance to the doorway to the kitchen. Over the sink, she would see her mother’s arm.

Hanging a good six feet above the ground.

“NOOOOO!!!” Jenny screamed as she ran out the back door and to the back porch.

Her mother was there at the gutter of the room; hung by an extension cord to the chimney. Judging by the blueness of her cheeks, she had been dead for some time. Jenny grunted and cried as she grabbed a nearby lawn chair. She jumped onto it, and quickly pulled out a serrated pocket knife and began to cut her mother down. She worked the extension cord fast as she could but deep her heart, she knew her mother was dead.

When she finally cut her loose, she fell down with her under her weight. Jenny then grabbed her mother and rocked her back and forth. The rain began to pour down even heavier. Jenny couldn’t hear the sirens in the back ground coming to assist her. Nor could she hear the thunder of the angry sky above her.

All she could hear was her own screaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home