Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Part 394: The Confrontation

January 19th, 2009

Near the outskirts of the Los Angeles down, was the uptown area, closer to Beverly Hills. One of the apartments were where the rich people lived. Everybody knew it and nobody disputed it. They would simply drive by and gawk at their wealth. Everybody knew it was the place were models, celebrities and millionaires lived.

Few people knew it as a place for scientists.

Karen DeGroot was not that old of a woman but there were days when she felt old. A life time devoted to genetic science can ware down the body; not to mention the brain. After she retired, she spent her life continuing her research and allowing other corporations and various science foundations. She would do seminars and attend lunches. She would do speeches and various charity works. However, she felt it couldn’t make up for the crimes she did long ago.

Karen walked into her kitchen and fixed her glass of vodka. She did it to help her sleep; something her late husband taught her. She then proceeded back into the living room and picked up her book to read. She sipped on her vodka and started to read the passengers. She always found Shakespeare intriguing and the tragedies he wrote. “I always remember you reading Shakespeare to us.” A voice whispered in the darkness of the room.

Karen slowly looked up. The ominous figure rested in the shadows in the corner of her living room. The old woman sighed and looked at him with sad eyes. “It’s you,” she whispered, “The one they call . . .Jack.”

“The play you would read to us,” he said slowly approaching her, “I was always found of Hamlet. Revenge is a worthy subject.”

“The moment the others were getting killed, I knew it had to be one of you.” The old woman whispered, “ I didn’t know . .. this was what they wanted to use my research for.”

“But you didn’t stop it. Reading to us while we were suffering . . .was that out of some form of guilt?” Jack said, kneeling before her.

“I should have stopped it . . .I was weak back then . ..my husband . ..my husband said it would be for the greater good.” She said, shedding a tear, “What . .became of you?”

“I was a bodyguard. Till I failed my charge and was burned alive. But the enhancements you gave me . . .allowed me NOT to die. Now I am a freak, skulking in darkness.”

“You are not a freak,” Karen cried, “You are a human being.”

Jack lowered his head and sighed. He then leaned up and gently touched her knee. “Do you remember that soft summer day on the Island?” he whispered, “We were in holding cell # 3. Radiation exposure. I was in there, as where three of my fellow volunteers.”

“I don’t . . .tell me more, please,” she wept.

“There was a woman . . .I don’t remember her name . . .but she began to wail from the pain. You and the scientists watched how we were able to fight off the radiation but she couldn’t. Her screams were deafening. The moment the scientists turned away, I attacked her. I grabbed her by the neck and I broke it.”

“I remember,” she continued to cry.

“I turned around and saw that you had been watching the whole time while the other scientists walked away,” Jack said, looking at her with sad eyes, “I never received a reprimand for killing one of their experiments. I could only assume you never told them.”

“I didn’t,” she confirmed it.

“Thank you, Karen. However . ..that still doesn’t excuse you. For my friends, Justice must be served.”

“So . . .you are going to kill me?”

Jack then calmly reached over to her end table and picked up her glass; half filled with vodka. He slowly held it aloft in front of her. “I killed you eight minutes ago, Karen,” he whispered.

Karen just realized he had poisoned her. However, she was curious why her heart wasn’t racing or her muscles shaking. “Will there be any pain?” she asked.

“No,” Jack promised, “No pain.”

“Thank you,” she smiled through her tears.

“You deserve to die, Karen . . .but you do not deserve to die alone.”

Karen reached up and embraced the Jaeger Unit. Jack held her close, massaging her back. The old woman then leaned back and all of a sudden felt sleepy. The Jack of All Shades held her hand with both of his, promising not to leave her side. Her eyes slowly began to droop. She knew it wasn’t much longer. “Jack,” she whispered.

“Yes, Karen?” he said, holding her hand.

“Up in my study . . .is a burgundy journal. It’s my diary . . .during the Dharma Initiative. Take it and . . .expose them.”

“Thank you, Karen.”

“Never too late . . .for a good deed, eh?”

“Never, Karen.” Jack petted her hand.

The old woman then calmly dropped her head. Jack held her hand until she loosened her grip. The stranger then calmly stood up and walked over to a nearby couch; picking up a blanket. He calmly covered her up, and positioned her hair to the side. Jack then began to walk up the stairs toward her study. He looked around and then saw on an end table next to a large couch was a small burgundy journal with the Dharma Logo on top of it. He picked it up and placed it in his overcoat. Jack was happy Karen wanted to make amends for what she had done. Now, he had but one more life to take.



Stephen Ortega sat down in the middle of his apartment. He was sitting in the nude; he found it more refreshing than clothing. It harkened back to his days at the Island, where the majority of the time he walked around with only a hospital gown. He missed those days; as he missed the people. But the one he missed above all was Penelope Widmore. He was sorry that he didn’t get the chance to kill her father. It was his fault for breaking them up.

Stephen then sipped on his wine as he heard a noise from behind. The balcony doors were sliding open. The killer smirked as he knew of only one person who would enter through the balcony doors. “Hello, brother,” he smirked, as he sipped on his wine.

“I wasn’t aware we were related,” Jack of All Shades whispered.

“Didn’t being through all the suffering on the Island make us related,” the man stood up, “ Are we not the same?”

“You and I are nothing alike.”

“On the contrary, Jack . . .we’re both killers,” Stephan said, pouring himself some more wine, “ We take the time to kill . .its in our nature.”

“These women you are killing. You are killing the wrong people.” Jack hissed.

“I am killing these women to prove a point. Here is the to the Dharma Initiative.” He toasted the air.

Jack took a step closer to him and then paused when he stepped on news paper. He then looked down and much to his surprise, he saw multitudes of newspaper and magazines clippings; all of Jenny Baker. “I didn’t know she had been to the Island,” he said, walking around his house guest, “I never knew how beautiful she was too.”

“Jenny has done you no wrong. You need to stay away from her.” Jack warned.

“Oh, the contrary . . .if she is from the Island, she deserves my special treatment. I want to meet her, I want to know all about her.”

Jack glared at him; clearing seeing he wasn’t listening. Stephan slowly walked over a nearby wall, as he saw a spider climbing up the wallpaper. He calmly reached up and snatched the spider into his hands. He held it close and curled up his fingers; making a fleshy jail for the arachnid. “What do you think this spider dreams about?” Stephan whispered.

“What do I know of spider’s dreams?” Jack replied back.

“I figured quite a lot from the way you were dressed,” the killer walked around the living room, “This creature spends the majority of it’s day thinking about who it’s going to kill. Of course, every creature it kills, it also tries to eat. It is it’s purpose. My purpose is not so different from the spider. My purpose is to end life. To this spider, humans are angry Gods that could end it’s life at will.”

“And you are God to these women you have killed?” the masked man asked.

“I control their fate. I am the master of this species. Their lives are meaningless to me. Once she sees that, then she’ll understand how much in control I am.”

“You can not continue with this.” Jack ordered.

Stephan slowly glared at the man in front of him. “Don’t tell me what I can’t do.” He grunted.

Jack then immediately rushed him and grabbed him across the shoulders; shoving him back against the wall. The impact burst into the drywall, creating a small crater. Stephan then head butted the masked man, sending him back. By the time Jack tried to regain his senses, the killer round house kicked him. The bandaged Jaeger Unit stumbled on the floor and then flipped over, charging him again. He grabbed Ortega once again, shoving them both out of the balcony glass doors. The two men struggled against each other. Jack tried to strangle Ortega and the black haired killer fought back. The glass had cut him in several places but he didn’t budge.

He then kneed Jack in the groin, and then shoved him back. As Jack recovered, Ortega twirled and slammed his foot into the masked man’s chest; sending him flying. Jack burst against the door, flying into the hallway. The occupants of the apartment poked out their heads amid the chaos. The killer walked out and grabbed the unconscious Jack by the foot, dragging him down the hallway. Everybody gawked at what they were seeing. Stephan then shoved his fingers into the elevator door and proceeded to shove it open. When it was opened all the way, he then flung Jack of All Shades down the shaft. The masked man plummeted into the darkness. Stephan waited till he heard the thud and began to walk back toward his apartment. He would have to gather his things and disappear before the police arrive. He calmly looked at his open palm as he walked down the hallway.

“I think that damn spider bit me,” he whispered to himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home