Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Part 399 B : Brian's Letter Part 3


I remember Dad taking this picture that day at the park. It was cold. Mom had got you the cute hat. I think it had something to do with that Prince song; Rasberry Beret. Mom was just a fan of the 80’s. And I must admit you looked cute. Oh, man, Kellye, what happened to these kids? Were we ever that young? Things were much simpler then. All we had to worry about was getting you your Precious Ponies and me my baseball cards. And heading to the Bogart to catch a dollar movie of Godzilla. I miss those days, Kellye.

All I got left to say is, if I am dead while you read this letter, then you move on. You move on, War Dove. Keep me close to your heart and don’t dwell on my death; just remember the good times we’ve had. Keep an eye on Jesse. I know he’ll be a good person but he’s gonna need some help along the way.

I love you, Kellye. I’ll see you when I see you but don’t be in any hurry, you hear?

Love always
Brian


Kellye held the letter close to her chest and took a deep breath. Any other time, she might have been wailing in tears. At the moment, she was just simply letting the tears fall. Her shoulders felt light; as if a great weight had been lifted from her. She had mourned the death of her brother longer than she realized. But he told her in his own words; let him go.

Kellye stood up and looked out in the sky. The smog had covered most of the night sky as it always did. However, the distance a single star shined brightly. The young brunette smiled as she wiped her tears, watching the start flicker. She didn’t know if it was a trick of her eyes but she didn’t care. In her heart, she knew it was a sign that Brian was watching over her and probably always will. She gently held up the photos of him and her; kissing them. She walked back over to her bed, placed the photos by her side and pulled the covers over her.

And for the first time in a long time, she had a restful nights sleep. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home