Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Part 107: Two if by Land

The group had been walking for five hours. They had managed to surpass a large portion of the beach. Most started to complain that they had walked a few miles in the five hours but no one was really sure about the distance. McKay took a guess they had covered nearly several meters. But they had no where near crossed a mile yet. If they did, he didn’t know for sure.

As they walked, a few of the people carried on idle conversation about what they were hoping to find over on the other side of the island. Natasha hoped she would find more handsome men, which made Yolanda laugh. Cecil just hoped he’d find more cigarettes but he didn’t tell that to anybody. Mandy and Taylor joked that they should still take Alexander home with them. Of all the strange things that had happened, they were going to miss him the most. Tony suggested they probably haven’t heard the last of the blonde savage.

Marita still held onto Tony’s arm, guiding him as they walked. Eddie wasn’t holding onto her hand anymore, he was skipping head, making jokes with McKay who led their party. Tony held onto his cane with one hand, and then slowly slid his hand into Marita’s. The Latina smiled, gripping his hand. “What are you thinking about?” she giggled.

“Oh, nothing in particular, “Tony smiled, “I just wanted to say something to you.”

“Like what?”

“I love you.”

Marita gasped, feeling her heart skip. Tony smiled, holding onto her, and making her follow him still. He chuckled slightly, pulling her closer. She embraced him as they walked. “Oh, Tony,” she said, trying not to cry, “To hear you say . .I just . .”

“It’s okay, honey,” Tony replied, “Whenever I say those three magic words to a woman I am in love with, I don’t want to say it till I am ready to mean it.”

“Tony, stop, I am trying not to cry,” the Latina giggled.

“You mean more to me than I can say. I love you, Marita.”

“Oh, Tony, I love you too,” she leaned up, kissing him on the lips.

“Hey, knock it off, you too,” Yolanda laughed, “You ain’t got a Tent to hide behind anymore.”

“Shut up, Yolanda,” the Latina laughed, “I can kiss my man whenever I want to.”

This drew a round of laughter and applause from the other survivors. It was the first time that Marita had openly referred to Tony has hers. Mia smiled, looking at John. The archer smiled at her, almost as if they were thinking the same thing. How long before they declare their love for each other? It was a silent love; an unspoken love. It was as if words were not needed. Mia and John just knew.

As they walked, Seth looked to the left, at the ocean. He was glad that his friends who had become lovers were enjoying each other’s company. It only made him miss Tanya even more. When Mandy asked if he was taken, a small part of him wished he had said no. The big part only thought of Tonya. If he knew his girlfriend the way he hoped he did, he knew she would stay loyal to him. Therefore, it was only right for him to return the gesture. He only hoped he made it home in time for her to not let him go, believing he was dead. That thought made him think back to the fish he had captured a few days ago, then let it go on the express purpose it would tell Tanya that he was alive and he was coming home as soon as he was able. Without thinking, Seth said aloud, “I hope Rupert made it.”

“Who?” asked Shanna.

“What?” immediately Seth.

“You said, I hope Rupert made it. Who is Rupert, Seth?”

“Oh . .I was . .uh . .thinking out loud.” He started to giggle.

“What is so funny? Tell me, so I can laugh.”

“A few days ago, I captured a fish that had washed up on the beach. I named him Rupert, after my favorite Survivor. Anyway, I thought about eating him but seeing him there, struggling for life ; same as us, I just couldn’t do it. So I let him go but I told him to swim to California and tell Tanya I loved her.”

“Aw, Seth, that is so sweet.” Shanna said, taking his arm.

“Yeah, I guess I was getting punchy after a few days,” Seth laughed, “Talking to fish.”

“Well, the moment you start talking to fish again, I promise I will slap you.” The red head laughed.

“Sounds good,” he laughed.

The two friends paused as they realized the group had stopped walking. Up ahead, McKay was standing near the edge of the beach, which now seemed to be met with a large grouping of rocks. He scanned the area with his one scope, instead of binoculars. He looked around and then turned to John, pointing out toward the massive wall in their path. “We have a problem” he muttered.

John turned to his blind friend, “Tony, it would seem that obstacle McKay was afraid about has apparently happened.”

“How big?” asked Tony.

“Very big, and I have no rock climbing gear.” The Australian rubbed his head, “Looks like we are going to have to hike through the jungle after all.”

“Does that look funny?” Eddie pointed.

“What does, Eddie?” asked Marita.

“Those two weird shaped tall rocks in the distance, “The little boy held out his hand, “Don’t they look like a fat guy and a skinny guy?”

Mia moved away from John and stared into the distance of where the little boy was pointing. The two rocks he was talking about were strange shaped pillars of stone. One was tall and thin; the other short and big. But the way the rocks were shaped, they looked like poorly drawn stick men. Two men in the distance, standing upon the land. Mia blinked. “Two if by land.” She whispered.

“What was that?” asked Marita.

Mia walked over to the blind doctor, “Tony, those two weird shaped rocks. That is where we should enter the jungle.”

“Why?” asked McKay.

“Call it a hunch.” The Lakota girl responded.

“What, seriously?” the Australian said in disbelief.

“I’ll buy that,” John immediately said.

“I am slowly learning, McKay, that I should trust Mia’s hunches to other peoples’ facts,” Tony smiled, “If that is where she says we should enter the jungle, then we enter the jungle at that spot.”

“All right, mates,” McKay sighed, picking up his gear, “Follow me.”

The group then made their way across the rocks toward the weird shaped pillars. The sun had been starting to set over the past hour. By the time they got into the jungle, it would be dark and night time. They all knew journey would take a while. But they weren’t worried.

They always had each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home