Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Part 106: The Journey Begins

The group of survivors began to get their gear and bags ready. Tony instructed them on how to proceed. Most of what they were going to carry would be all housed in back packs. Anything with a strap they could place around their bodies would aide in the travel. If they didn’t have straps, they were going to use cord or rope to make them. They were sad about loosing their tent but John reminded them; the tent was just a thing. Things can be replaced.

Marita stuffed her backpack full of her clothes, plus she made room for Eddie’s. The little boy had a back pack of his own but he only had half of his clothes in it. The other half when to Mr. Kangaroo. The Latina smiled as she watched the little boy take such pride in carefully stuffing his little toy friend into the backpack so he wouldn’t fall out. Marita had grown to love Eddie, almost as her own son. He even referred to her as his Right-Now-Mommy. She hoped and prayed that Eddie’s parents would be on the other side of the island.

Martin had a side bag that he used for his clothes, and gear. He wished he had a backpack but there was not enough for him. Kristy had found a bare of boots and placed them on, even though they were one size too big. She stuffed them with extra cloth so they wouldn’t jolt as she walked. Her foot was almost healed: it only stung slightly as she walked. Jenny didn’t have many clothes, so she took what they gave her from the General Store. Luckily she had a backpack small enough to fit her.

Mia tied the bandana around her head, tucking her hair partly behind her ears and letting too small strands come out front. Then she tied her jean jacket around her waist then checked her backpack. Shanna tied her sleeping bag on the top of her backpack, and then checked on the gear inside Brendan’s suitcase. She already placed the journal in the pack, then she slowly brought out the Kendo stick. She examined it and then looked to Mia. “Do you think Brendan would mind if I used this as a walking stick?”

“I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t,” the Lakota girl smiled.

Shanna stood up and held onto the Kendo stick, by the handle, sticking the blade shaped wood into the ground. As it turned out, it will make a good walking stick. She checked her short sword by her side and then tied her hair back in a ponytail. Then she smiled, rubbing her arms, feeling a wave of goose bumps. “I can’t believe we are doing this,” she giggled.

“You excited?” Mia stood up.

“I’m excited. I’m nervous, and I am scared. I’ve never been flooded with so many emotions.”

“It’s normal. It’ll be nice. A little adventure before a change of scenery.”

“Do you really think we’ll find people over there, Mia?” Shanna asked.

“Oh, I think we’ll find something over there for sure.” The Lakota girl smiled.

“Like what?”

Mia rubbed her hair back, and grinned. “Hope.” She whispered.

McKay got his gear together; pulling out the straps on his knapsack and hoisting it above his shoulder blades. Mandy got her gear together; almost volunteering to be in charge of the water. Taylor tucked her hair back under her red cap and hoisted up her own backpack. Marita guided Tony over to McKay, as he also helped him to place on his backpack. “McKay, you’ll be our guide.” The blind doctor told him, “How do you think we should proceed?”

McKay checked his compass,” The other side of the island is facing south, so in order to find them, we should stick to the beaches for now. If we come across an impass, then we can cut across the jungle. As long as I have my compass here, we’ll be fine.”

“Sounds good,” Tony smiled, “Are we ready, people?”

“Almost, Tony,” Yolanda said, putting on her side bag, “John has gone to say goodbye to Ramon.”

“That’s fine,” the blind doctor sighed.




John placed the bow onto the wooden cross at Ramon’s grave. The archer then kneeled down and looked at the torn ground. “Well, buddy, it’s time for me to go,” John whispered, “I don’t know what to say to you right now but after all we’ve been through, I had to at least say goodbye. You weren’t that good of a friend ;I admit that now but my true friends will stay with me. I wanted to thank you for all that you’d done for me. I only hope you can forgive me for not wanting to refer to you as a friend anymore. But I respect you for your accomplishments and everything you did do for me. I have your gold medal. I’ll keep it safe and make sure your sister gets it when we return to the real world. . . .goodbye, man.”

John stood up and began to walk away. The he heard someone speaking. The closer he got to the area where the jungle exited the beach; he realized it was Seth. The young man was standing next to the grave of his friend Brendon. He already had his backpack on, with the sword sticking out of it. “Sixteen days,” Seth whispered, “Can two men become friends in sixteen days? You and I sure did, Brendon. I remembered when you called me the truest friend you had ever known. My brother, you were certainly mine. We are on our way to the other side of the island; possibly to find the other survivors. I don’t know what we will find. I wish I had Mia’s faith. But you taught me one valuable lesson; always stand by your friends. I’ll keep them safe. I promise. And when I get home, I’ll tell Tanya all about you. Good bye, Brendon.”

Seth turned around and began walking back toward the beach encampment. Soon he realized John was walking with him. “Good speech,” the archer smiled, “Brendon would have loved it.”

“Thanks, man,” Seth sighed, “You said goodbye to Ramon?”

“I have.”

“I never really heard about the history between you two. Mia hinted it wasn’t very good.”

“No, it wasn’t. But I tell you what; help me keep Mia and the others safe, and I’ll tell you about it over a boar bar-b-q.”

“You’re on, man!” Seth laughed, as the two friends hit fist to fist.

Mia smiled as he realized John and Seth were starting to bond. Nothing could have made her happier. As they arrived, everybody gathered around one last time. They all looked at each other. Then Bernard held out his hands. Natasha took his hand, then held out her other one to Yolanda. Yolanda took hers, then held out her hand to Kristy. One by one all the survivors joined hands. No one needed to ask or say anything. They knew what they were going to do. Each person bowed their head and closed their eyes. Bernard looked to the sky, and closed his eyes. “Dear Lord, here I am again, asking one more chance for us sinners,” he said with conviction, “Guide us to the proper path, Lord. Give us the strength and the courage. Let our journey not be in Vain, Lord. Allow us the chance to reunite with our brothers and sisters on the other side of the island. Give me a chance, Lord . . .to see my Rose one more time. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.”

“Amen,” they replied in unison.

The group then turned and began their walk down the long access of the beach. Mia too John’s hand in one hand and Shanna’s in the other. Seth stayed by their side as they walked. Marita wrapped her arm around Tony’s arm, and held onto Eddie’s hand in the other.

As they walked, the little boy turned around and waved goodbye to the camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home