Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Monday, June 27, 2005

Part 105: Burden of Proof

John and McKay grunted as they hauled the woman’s body from the ocean waves. It was still cloudy, so the wind was still a little more cold than normal. The others huddled around as they brought the dead girl to them. The two friends grunted as they sat down the body then moved away.

They all examined her. She was clearly a woman in her mid-twenties. Her lack of abundant clothing came way to Tony’s theory. McKay kneeled down, rubbing his chin. He took a closer look at the girls’ crotch area and it was unmistakable. “That’s a bikini bottom all right,” the Australian stood up, “I can’t believe I missed it.”

“We were too busy NOT looking at her cause she is a dead body.” John gagged.

“But this is the proof we need,” Tony smiled, “This tells us more people are on this island!”

“How does this tell you that, Tony?” asked Yolanda.

“Yeah, I mean . .she’s got a bikini bottom, but so what?” Seth mentioned, “She may have put it on while she was out there in the ocean.”

“Oh, get real, Seth!” Jenny grunted, “When I was out there, floating the ocean, I didn’t have time to worry about putting on a freaking bathing suit!”

Seth shied from Jenny’s statement. She moment she corrected him, he realized how stupid it sounded. Cecil walked up and leaned down, coughing. Then he looked up to the blind doctor. “Okay, say for an instance, I believe this,” the old man replied, “How do you think the bathing suit means there are MORE survivors?”

“People, think about it!” Tony exhaled, “This woman . . if she was alone, I can promise you the last thing she would be thinking about was swimming! This means that she was with other people. Other people that made her feel comfortable to swim. Possibly even people that provided food for her and even built shelters. She went out there to swim and probably drowned due to rough currents or maybe even the undertow.”

“That makes sense, “McKay piped in, “If she was at another point in the island, the currents fighting the undertow could have tossed her around down there for days before the ocean got calm enough to let her wash ashore.”

“If she was alone, she wouldn’t be swimming. She would be foraging for food, building shelter.”

“She might have been hunting for fish.” Cecil told him.

“If she was, then she wasn’t a good swimmer. She would have known to stay away from the currents.” McKay told them.

“My friends, this is the proof we need. This means there are more people here. We must find them.” Tony smiled.

“Find them?” Martin exclaimed, “I hate to rain on your parade, Dr. Tony but we don’t even know where to starting looking.”

“If these people are as half as smart as we are, then they would either be sticking by the beach or near a body of water. Right, Mia?”

“Right,” the Lakota whispered in disbelief.

Mia stared at the woman, then back to her blind friend. She could hardly believe what was happening. Tony was now convinced their where other people on the island besides them. In her vision, Granny said that Tony would need to be the one that was convinced. Then he would convince the others. Mia then remembered her elder telling her to watch for the signs. The Lakota girl stared at the dead body that washed up on shore.

One if by sea.

“Holy crap,” Mia whispered under her breath.

“We must find these others survivors,” Tony mentioned, “If only for the reason of safety in numbers. Not to mention, if the rescue boat does come, then it would be better if we were all in one location. The other survivors don’t know about us and we don’t know about them. We must get to them.”

“Okay, I’m convinced.” Marita mentioned.

Eddie pulled on Tony’s hand. “Tony, do you think my parents are over there?”

The blind man kneeled down to face him, “I don’t for sure, buddy. I won’t lie to you. But don’t you want to take the chance? Wouldn’t you want to go see and make sure they were over there?”

“Yes,” Eddie shook his head, “I want to see my parents again. I’ll do anything.”

Tony stood up, “We’ll leave today. Make our way around the island, follow the beach line. Provided there are no obstacles in our path, we should be able to find them, if they are on the beach as well. Now . . .who is with me?”

“I’m with ya.” John immediately said.

“ME, ME!” Eddie jumped up and down raising his hand.

“I’ll go wherever you go, Tony.” Marita said.

“Yeah, I am in too.” Jenny replied.

“I’ll definitely go.” Mia laughed.

“I go where Mia goes.” Shanna said her two cents worth.

“God, “Seth grunted, then raised his hand, “I wouldn’t feel right letting Mia and Shanna go off on this journey without me. I’m in.”

“I’m in,” McKay said, then turned to his love, “You with me on this, babydoll.”

“Yeah, I am in.” Taylor replied

“Yeah, Okay,” was all Mandy said.

“Yeah, whatever,” Yolanda steamed. She still wasn’t completely convinced.

“Might as well,” Martin smiled, raising his hand, “We’re gonna get bored here in a few days anyway.”

“I am able to walk and I am going where my friends go.” Kristy mentioned.

John looked to Natasha, “Tasha?”

The brunette held onto her arms, rubbing her foot in the sand. “I don’t know, John,” she whispered, “This all sounds so far-fetched to me.”

“You want to get off this island, don’t you?”

“Of course, I do,” she exclaimed.

“Then this is the best way. We get in a large group and when the rescue boat arrives, they’ll know they won’t have to search over this island for us.”

“But . .but what if we get over there, and we find that things are not any different. Maybe they are even worse.”

Bernard then gently placed his hand on her shoulder. “Some things you must take on Faith, Natasha,” he smiled.

“You’re going, Bernie?” the brunette asked him.

“I have to. Like young Eddie, he is going for the chance to see if his parents are alive or not. I must take the risk. I have to know if my Rose is alive or dead. I have to know.”

Natasha sighed and smiled, “I’ll go.”

There was only one last person. Cecil scoffed at what they were suggesting. But yet, it was all going on a hunch. A guess they all decided to follow on and venture deeper into the island in the hope of finding a group of people that may or may not even exist. It was all too insane but Cecil had other reason for going. “I’ll go pack my bags.” He said, pointing behind him.

“You willing to take the risk, Cecil?” Bernard smiled.

“Hell, no,” the old man grunted, “Ya’ll may hate me but I don’t want to be left alone here either.”

“In the end, he’ll see this is the right decision,” Tony whispered, “Thank you all for believing me. And Mia?”

“Yes, Tony?” she answered.

“I am sorry for not believing in you theories before now.”

“It’s okay, Tony,” she smiled, “I am just glad you found the proof you needed.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home