Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Friday, June 24, 2005

Part 103: The Healing Process

Another day had come and gone. It was strange for most of them as the days seemed to be getting shorter. Was the events that led up to this making them seem shorter? It probably was. Thanks to everybody’s strength, they were able to make it through and become even stronger in their bonds as a result.

Still, some wounds had to be healed.

John grunted as he picked up the blanket he was using to haul back more coconuts. He began to look around, just making sure he was not being followed. The archer scoffed at himself for starting to get paranoid ; looking over his shoulder. But after what happened, he vowed he’d never be surprised again. John then started to walk back toward the beach, stepping over fallen logs and dead grass. “Need a hand?” Natasha said.

John paused, seeing the sultry brunette leaning against a tree. She had a very sad look on her face. The archer shifted the makeshift bag around and continued walking. “I got it, thanks,” he said.

Natasha didn’t say anything. John continued walking past her. After he got a few feet, she called to him. “John, please wait!” she yelled.

John paused but he didn’t turn around. Natasha slowly approached him. She quickly took notice of the fact that he didn’t move. “You . .you don’t even want to face me?” her lips quivered.

John said nothing.

“Fine. Fine, I do deserve it,” she said, hugging her arms, “John, I said some things I didn’t mean. I was . .upset. I . .I let my loneliness get the better of me. I just want to say I was sorry.”

John finally let the blanket drop. He slowly turned around to her. “I . .uh . . I didn’t mean what I said either,” the archer replied, rubbing the back of his head, “I was upset that you referred to me that way.”

“I deserved being called that. I am a bitch,” Natasha rubbed her eyes, “When I don’t get my way, I react like a spoiled brat.”

“Well . . .knowing the problem is the first step in resolving it.” John smirked.

Natasha giggled slightly but stopped. She turned to walk away but then turned back around to face him. “Can we, at least, be friends?”

John sighed, holding out his arms. Natasha ran to him and embraced him. He gently kissed her on the forehead, rubbing her curly hair. “Natasha, all I ever wanted was your friendship,” he sighed, “I am sorry I can’t offer you any more.”

“It’s okay, John,” she sniffed, “I’ll take you anyway I can get you.”

Natasha kissed him on the cheek and departed. John picked up the blanket full of coconuts again. He then began to follow the brunette back to toward the beach. She let the way through the bushes, pushing them aside for him. Soon they made their way to the beach. The sun was just dipping into the horizon, casting the sky in a lovely orange. John looked into the sunset, basking in it’s beauty. It was almost as if everything was change; the group and the island was given a fresh start. Natasha began to walk toward her little encampment. “Mia is a lucky girl,” she said, under her breath.

John smiled at the fact that Natasha was big enough to admit such a thing. The archer’s spirit began to soar over the delight of getting Natasha back as a friend. He wondered if even one day her and Mia might even be able to get along to each other.

John arrived at the medical tent and walked over to McKay’s cutting log. The Australian stood up and followed him. The archer flopped down the coconuts and picked one up, placing it on the log. McKay shifted up his short sword and slammed it down, ribbing into the husk. His friend then started to scan for Mia. He saw her handing out with Shanna, Seth, Mandy and Taylor. The red head was reading aloud from Brendon’s diary, while Lionel Rictchie’s Say You Say Me was crooning from Seth’s tape player. As she spoke the words of their fallen friend, none of their faces reacted in sadness. They all looked happy. John looked to McKay, “It’s good to see Mia happy again.”

“Hell, it’s good to see them all happy, Mate.” McKay said, putting down a coconut.

“How’s your wound, man?” John asked him.

“Stings a bit but we still got plenty of Augmentin left.” He grunted, ripping off another coconut husk, “I think I’ll be fine.”

As the two friends continued their work, getting everybody food, McKay looked to his archer friend. “Hey, John, can I ask you a question?”

“Anything, McKay,” he smiled.

“What is the cost of living in LA?”

“Kinda high but I travel mostly. I have an apartment back home, my cousin looks after it for me. Why?”

McKay looked back to Taylor. Somehow the blonde must have realized he was looking at her, cause she turned and smiled back at him. She waved to him before returning to listen to Shanna. McKay stabbed another coconut and then said, “Cause I think I am going to move there.”

“No kidding?” John laughed.

“Yeah, why not? The truth is my family is in America anyway. My brother, my sister-in-law and my nephew. Perhaps, when we finally leave this island, I think I might change my citizenship and leaving in California.”

“This . .uh . .wouldn’t happen to be because of a certain blonde, would it?”

“I can’t lose her, John. She’s grown too important to me now. If it means moving to a whole other country, I honestly don’t have a problem with that.”

“I must admit . .it’ll be kick ass to have you as a neighbor,” John chuckled.

The two friends gave each other a pound on the fist, then continued their assembling of the coconuts for the night’s dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home