Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

Part 413: First Date?

Bonnie calmly sat on her couch, with her legs curled up. She was bored; she admitted it. Watching Regis and Kelly was amusing to a certain degree but she wanted to be somewhere else. Her mother told her if she did go somewhere to take her cell phone. However, Bonnie’s friend Maddie wasn’t answering her phone. She figured she’d watch some more TV, then try again later.

Then her doorbell rang. Bonnie curiously leaned up, wondering who that could be. She got up and proceeded toward the door, then peered out from the eye hole. She then backed off with a coy grin. Bonnie calmly opened the door and saw Eddie standing there with a smug look plastered on his face. “Why, Eddie?” she said with a snicker, “I wasn’t expecting to see you till tomorrow.”

“I wasn’t expecting it either,” he said, scratching his head, “ But then it occurred to me, tomorrow we’ll be in classes. We won’t be able to have a decent conversation. So, why wait till tomorrow afternoon, technically when we can get to know each other now?”

“That . . .sounds like a great plan, however . . .I don’t let strange men into my house.”

“That’s great because I don’t want to go into your house,” he laughed, “How would you like to come with me and play a round of Cosmic Mini-Golf?”

“Cosmic Mimi-Golf?” she said in disbelief.

“Yeah,” he smiled, then made his eyes go wide on purpose, “It’s OUT OF THIS WORLD.”

Bonnie covered her mouth to try and surpress her laughter to no avail. Eddie smirked, seeing he got her attention. The redhead then held up a finger and closed the door. The young man placed his ear to the door and could hear her laugh with a cry of glee. He was proud of himself for being able to convince her to go with him. He also silently thanked his Uncle John for teaching him that fear was irrelevant. Eddie then backed off as the door opened, and Bonnie came out with her cell phone and a set of keys. She quickly locked the door and followed Eddie to his vehicle. The young man quickly scurried over to the passenger side door and opened the door for her. She was impressed; it had been a long time since a guy held a door opened for her. Eddie then got back on his side and within a few minutes, they were off to their destination.



After about a twenty minute drive, Eddie and Bonnie had arrived at their location. The redhead was curious about it, considering it was the last location she expected. “The Mall?” she laughed, “Cosmic Mini-Golf . . .is in the Mall?”

“Absolutely,” Eddie smiled, “What better place to place mini-golf with the other freaks?”

“Stop it!” she said, covering her mouth, “You’re making me laugh too much!”

Eddie just winked at her, as he got out of the car. He was about to go let her out but she jumped the gun and exited the vehicle herself. Bonnie just grinned at him; feeling weird about meeting him this morning and already he was spoiling her. The young couple then walked through the parking lot and entered the mall. The usual assortment of local high school kids were already there. Skateboarders were in the roller ring and video game junkies were in the arcade. Local cheerleaders with in the bookstore; not to buy books but hang out in the coffee shop café that was attached to it. Eddie lead the way through the long halls of the mall until they arrived at Cosmic Mini-Golf.

The area inside the shop front that was comprised of the mini-golf area was lit up with a black light. Special stickers, tape and markers were glowing that showed where to put. Eddie walked up to the counter and requested two putters. “What color ball you want?” the girl behind the counter asked.

“I’ll take the yellow ball and the lovely lady here will take a pink ball.” He said with a fake charm.

Bonnie giggled as she took her ball and putter. Eddie then grabbed a glowing score card and pencil, then proceeded to the first course. He stepped aside and motioned for her to go first. “Ladies first?” she grinned.

“Absolutely.” He flickered his eyebrows.

Bonnie just shook her head, as she placed her ball down. She leaned forward and then putted the ball toward the hole in the distance.


After the 18 rounds of mini-golf and countless jokes, Bonnie and Eddie were done. The young man even joked that he smoked her but the truth was she beat him. After giving the golf ball and putters back to the girl at the counter, Eddie then looked at her. “Now, there is a tradition I’ve always done after Cosmic Mini-Golf,” he said, proudly, “I go get a large Orange Julius.”

“Well,” she smirked, “I guess we can’t break tradition, can we?”


Eddie paid the man for the two Orange Julius’s, then brought them over to Bonnie, who was sitting at a table in the Eatery. The redhead took her drink and sipped it. “Mmm.” She smiled, “This is good.”

“One of the few things worth coming back to the Mall for.” Eddie replied, as he sipped his own.

“So, Eddie, how does a guy like you have such confidence in life?”

“I was properly raised,” he said, leaning back into his chair, “Not to mention, I had an interesting childhood.”

“Oh, yeah, how interesting?”

“It borderlines an Epic Saga.” He sighed.

“Well, are you going to tell it to me?” she playfully kicked him under the table.

“Yeah, yeah, I will,” he rubbed the back of his head, “But I want to hear yours first. You said you moved here recently.”

Bonnie gave him a slightly disapproving glare and then conceded. “Okay,” she said, sipping her beverage, “ I was up in Seattle for the longest time but then, mom met my step dad and since he works here, we moved back to Los Angeles.”

“BACK . .to Los Angeles?” Eddie asked.

“Yeah, I lived here for a long time until my father died. To stay on our feet, my mom moved us to Seattle where my grandparents lived. She met my step dad Matt and then got married. We moved back home here. I was kinda glad because my child hood friend Maddie was living here. I missed her terribly.”

“Well, welcome home.” He grinned.

“Thank you,” she playfully bowed her head, “ So what story do you have?”

“Well, I was the son of a wealthy man and a wealthy woman. I loved my parents but they bickered constantly. Then we had a plane crash and I lost one of them. I found my mother and three kind men took my father’s place for me. Their teachings on loyalty, strength and wisdom have been a great influence in my life. I am sad I lost my father but I am glad they were there for me.”

“Wow, a plane crash.” She said, sipping her drink, “You . .wouldn’t joke about such a thing, would you?”

“No, of course not.” He said, sipping his own drink, “I gained several friends in the deal but one of my good friends had to move back home to New York, and my other friend stayed where he was. I miss them both but I have a good friend now I met at the dojo named Tristan Kuma. He and I enjoy sparing together.”

“A dojo? You know karate?”

“I know Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kendo staff fighting and Wushu staff fighting.”

“Wow!” she laughed.

“Yes, that was meant to impress you.” He said, in a debonair voice.

Bonnie laughed again, and sipped her drink. The familiar sucking sound, signaled she was out. Eddie had finished his too. “Well,” the young man smiled, “I better get you home.”

Bonnie didn’t argue. Even though her mother didn’t mind her going out, she might be disapproving of her going out with a boy she hadn’t even met yet. Eddie stood up and waited for her as they walked over to the trash can. He held open the vent, allowing her to throw her empty cup in. Then they proceeded to walk out of the Eatery and back to the parking lot.

“NOOO!!!” someone screamed.

Eddie looked up the hallways of the mall and saw a young kid with orange hair running toward them. Judging from the black purse in his hand, he had just robbed someone. The old woman was screaming for someone to stop him. Bonnie then gasped as Eddie ran out into the path of the boy. The young man then twirled and slammed the back of his leg into the boy’s upper check; clothes-lining him. The young punk grunted as he coughed to regain his air. Eddie calmly picked up the purse. “It’s not your color.” He told the purse-snatcher.

Mall Security ran and arrested the punk, as Eddie gave it back to the old woman. She was very thankful of him, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek. Bonnie giggled as he tried his best to tell the old woman “she was welcome,” and move on. After the incident, Eddie shrugged his shoulders and motioned for Bonnie they could leave the mall now.


Eddie finally arrived back at her out, parking his Chevy Nova in her driveway. He got out of the car, scooted over the hood and opened the door for her. Bonnie grinned, tucking her reddish hair behind one of her ears as she got out. The couple slowly began to walk back toward her front door. The young man sighed as he crossed the front lawn toward the front steps. “Well, “ he whispered, “I hope this wasn’t boring.”

“Boring?” she giggled, “You take me to a mini-golf spot that glows in the dark, you tell me your interesting childhood and then you stop a purse snatcher. How could it have been boring?”

Eddie laughed. “Good,” he grinned like an idiot, “Then I guess I succeeded in our first date.”

“First date?” she said, putting a hand on her hip, “No, this wasn’t our first date.”

“Oh?” he raised an eyebrow, “Then . . .what was it?”

Bonnie looked to the sky, pretending like she was thinking. “I’m thinking it was a Getting to Know You Jaunt.”

“Getting To Know You Jaunt?” he laughed, “Can I look that up on Wikepedia?”

Bonnie shoved him. “No, I think our first date should be a proper one,” she smiled, “Dinner and a movie?”

“I can do that,” he winked, “Friday night, say seven-ish?”

“Yes, that will do nicely.” She said, turning around to leave.

Eddie smiled as she walked up to the steps. Bonnie put the key in the door slot and then paused; turning around. “Eddie?” she whispered.

“Yes?” he said, standing still.

“Stopping that purse snatcher . . .most guys I know would just let the security to deal with it. You . . you really did stop him. Why?”

Eddie grinned brightly. Maybe she was testing him, maybe she was looking for a specific answer. However, the young man felt the truth would be the appropriate answer for this moment. “Because it was the right thing to do.” He admitted.

Bonnie smiled, shaking her head. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She grinned.

“You bet. Hey, uh, Bonnie?” he got her attention.

“Yes?”

“You got internet hook up?”

“Yes . . .” she said, with a raised eyebrow.

“Uh . .tell you what . . .when you get to your computer, go to Google and type in the words Eddie Trascal followed by the word Island.”

“Uh . ..why?” she whispered.

“You said you wanted to know my story.” He winked as he walked back toward his car.

Bonnie paused as he got into his car called Turk and drove back toward his house. Eddie was fasicinating to her, making her curious about him even more. She then quickly got into the house and took her shoes off; scooting toward the computer in the corner of the living room. The moment she was able to boot up the internet, she turned the page to Google. She clicked onto the search engine and calmly typed in the words he told her; Eddie, Trascal and Island. Then she clicked search.

Within two seconds, a headline to a page came up. “Huh?” she whispered as she read it.


SURVIVORS OF FLIGHT 815
Various members . . ..passengers . . .Tony Largo, John Riggs, Barto McKay, Eddie Trascal . . . .stayed on the Island for a two months . . . . .

Bonnie clicked on the link and then began to read the full article. It told about survivors of Oceanic Flight 815. The redhead calmly placed her hand over her mouth. She remembered all of this when she was a kid but she never fathomed Eddie was apart of all this. She continued to read being mesmerized by the story.

When he said his childhood was an epic saga, he wasn’t kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home