Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Friday, May 27, 2005

Part 63: A Fist Full of Worries

Jenny moaned again. She shifted over in the makeshift bed. As felt of her chest, noticing her clothes were gone but replaced with looser fitting ones. The young girl moved over to her left to see another young woman near her. A brown haired girl was resting on a makeshift bed, with her foot elevated and bandage. She was reading a thick book that read The 505 Weirdest Online Stores. When she noticed Jenny was awake, she looked at her with a warm smile. “Hey,” she said.

“Hello, “ Jenny blinked, “Where you out there floating too?”

“No, I was attacked by a Sea Anemone. I have to keep my foot elevated so the swelling can go down. That is why I am here in the medical tent with you.”

“Medical tent?” Jenny tried to get up but a sharp stab in her brain kept her immobile.

“I don’t think you should move, Jenny. Dr. Tony left those for you,” Kristy pointed.

Jenny looked to her left and saw three bottles of water sticking out of the sand. She quickly grabbed one and began to chug it. After a few gulps, she gasped and stopped. After she wiped her mouth, she looked back to Kristy. “I didn’t catch your name.” she smiled.

“Kristy Loran,” She smiled, “Nice to meet you.”

“So, Kristy . . .all of you have been here for 11 days and no sign of rescue? No fly bys of planes or anything?”

“I’m afraid not.” Kristy sighed.

Jenny put her hand over her eyes, trying to stifle her tears. “Oh, my god,” she whispered, “My sister must think I am dead.”

“I worry about my family and what they must think as well. I can only hope we get out of here soon.” The model whispered.

“My poor sister . . .She had already gone through a divorce and now if she thinks I am dead, this might send her over the edge.”

“Where does your sister live?”

“California.” Jenny rubbed her forehead, “I was heading home to comfort her. I hope she’s okay.”

“Heading home?” Kristy blinked,” Wait . .you don’t live in Australia?”

“Oh, no. I was there . . .on a student exchange program. Been there a whole two years until this happened.”

“Student exchange program? That’s cool,” Kristy smiled, “Ah, high school. I remember those days. How old are you, Jenny?”

“I’m sixteen. You?”

“Twenty four. I should have stayed in college but I decided to go the glamorous route and become a model. I was in Australia for a photo shoot, when I got called back to LA.”

“I had hoped to stay, myself,” Jenny sighed, working on her second bottle, “I had helped my friends get to the finals in the Soccer tournament. I would have like to have seen them finish it out but family comes first.”

“Soccer, huh? That explains why you are so buff.” Kristy giggled.

“Buff?” Jenny giggled herself, then felt of her forehead,” Ow. I never heard it quite put that way.”

Jenny the looked to the side of the tent as a bald man walked in, holding a plate of something. “Hello, Jenny, “ he smiled, “My name is Barto McKay but you can call me McKay.”

“Hello,” Jenny leaned up.

“Here you go,” McKay said, handing her the plate of steaming fish.

“What is this?”

“Fish. What kind specifically, I couldn’t tell you.”

“I . . really don’t want to eat this.” She said, her stomach churning.

“Sorry, you have to. Doctor’s orders. Tony said that since these are salt water fish, they should have the right amount of sodium to help get you well.”

Jenny understood what he said and it all made sense. She took a handful of them and began to eat. Once she got it in her mouth and swallowed it, she started to each the rest with a heavy appetite. She didn’t know until that moment how hungry she really was. “I must admit, it does a chief proud to see someone liking his cooking.” McKay stood up.

“Thank you, McKay,” she said with a mouth full of fish, “And tell Tony I said thank you as well.”

“Will do, Luv,” he said, walking away, “You rest with Kristy and get better. We may be here for a while.”

Jenny paused for a second. Did the Australian speak the truth? He may be considering this group had been there for over 11 days and no rescue. It could mean they were going to be on this island for a while. Jenny didn’t think much about it at that moment. She was too busy being hungry.

Outside McKay walked up to the blind doctor who was talking to Marita, patting him on the back. “Jenny said thank you for helping her.” He smiled.

“It was a group effort.” Tony chuckled.

“Tony.” Marita smiled, “Can you take the credit for once? You had the knowledge and we only did what you told us to do.”

“I was so proud of everybody when they did that. No one hesitated, no one questioned me. Thank to that, Jenny will be okay.”

Marita walked over and slide her arm under his. “Everybody trusts you. We knew you’d tell us the right way.”

The blind doctor and the Latina made their way down to the water for a stroll. Elsewhere on the beach, John was practicing with his arrows. Mia watched closely as he did it. John fired his bow, striking the luggage in the distance. They had drawn a bulls-eye on it and he had struck it in the middle three times. He fired a fourth round, hitting the center target again. “Oh, John,” Mia sighed, “You should have gotten the gold.”

“I know,” he whispered, walking over to retrieve the arrows.

He grunting, yanking them out of the empty suitcase. After he was done he walked back over to where Mia was standing. He pulled back his string and was about to aim before Mia spoke. “John, are you sure you didn’t see anybody?” she asked.

“MIA.” John grunted, “For the fourth time, NO, I didn’t see anybody. I was watching the surrounding jungle the whole time. No one showed their face while McKay got the water.”

“He was there. I know he was.” She shivered.

“He? Don’t you mean she? The French girl Brendon and Seth saw?”

“No. He was one of three men. Three masked men, I’ve seen them in my dreams.”

John put back his arrow into his quiver and turned to look her directly in the eyes. “Mia, I will not let those men get near you,” he said deep into her gaze, “I promise.”

Mia knew he meant it. She leaned forward and embraced him. John held her cloth and gently stroked her soft jet black hair. After a few moments, she looked up at him and smiled. She patted him on the chest and started to walk away, back toward her Inner Circle of friends. John sighed, pulled out another bow and continued to practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home