Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Part 446: Devils Advocates

3:09 am

Eddie stared at the young adult across the table. His mind was full of swirling images from his past and not a single one of them made sense. Everything he remembered about Abraham, especially his fate. They fought in the garage, that much was true, however, Eddie escaped. And last he saw, Abraham was either dead or dying. “Surprise to see me?” Abraham smirked.

“Yeah,” Eddie blinked, “Shouldn’t you be dead?”

The muscular young man then stood up and pulled his shirt up. Eddie looked at his toned abs, to see the multiple bullet hole scars underneath. He calmly flipped his shirt back down and walked over to the side of the table; sitting on it. “Woogie was our most strongest but he was also the most unstable, making him not that good of a shot,” Abraham whispered, “ The only major organ he hit was my left lung and they were able to save me.”

“Who did?” Eddie inquired.

“My brothers and sisters.”

“Those . . .kids? They saved your life?” the young man raised an eyebrow.

“Is it really so hard to believe, Eddie?” his former enemy said with complete sympathy, “After all you saw on the Island?”

“I saw a lot of things, Abraham. Most of it, I’ve tried to forget.”

“Well, now you must remember. Ben isn’t done asking you questions, and you best answer him truthfully.”

“Yeah, I will. As long as he’s got Jilly and Bonnie, I don’t have much choice.”

“You . .will?” Abraham said in a slight bit of confusion.

“OF COURSE I WILL!!” Eddie buckled, “I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize their lives!”

Abraham stared at him in confusion. He slid off the table and paced around. Then in a fit of rage, he punched the stucco wall; making a dent. Eddie blinked in massive bewilderment, wondering why the young man was upset all of a sudden. “What the hell is wrong with you?” Abraham turned around, “What kind of a hero are you? Aren’t you supposed to be one of those Do you expect me to talk, kinda guys?”

Eddie twisted his face, assuming Abraham had a split personality. It would seem a lot of what was happening didn’t make any sense. “What in the HELL . . . .are you talking about?” the young man demanded.

Abraham walked over to the desk, bracing himself on it with his fists. He stared across the table at Eddie with a mild dose of hatred, mixed with frustration. “I wanted you to lie to Ben, Eddie,” he grunted.

“Why would I do that?” Eddie retorted.

“I know now that you wouldn’t. But I want you to lie. Because Ben said the moment he didn’t believe what you were saying was true . . . .then I get to hurt Jilly.”

Eddie gagged at the thought of Abraham hurting his adoptive sister. He looked back at him, wondering how he could hit him with one hand free. It still didn’t change the fact that the rest of his limps were tied to the wheelchair. “Abraham, why would you want to hurt Jilly?” he asked, “You never met her.”

“I didn’t need to.” He said, sitting down, “ What they didn’t know is that Argos, like Watchman and Apache, they were all designed to make a visual record of what happens in the control room. I saw her, Eddie. I saw her kill my father.”

“Your . . . .your father?”

Abraham just sat down, looking at him. Eddie was confused but then within the blink of an eye, he wasn’t. He didn’t know who Abraham’s true father was but he did know who Jilly killed. “Goodwin . . .wasn’t your true father, Abraham.” Eddie told him.

“We weren’t blood related, yes but he was a father to me in every other aspect,” Abraham leaned forward, “He loved her too and she killed him for it.”

“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!” Eddie said, “He was a vile man and he would have hurt her!”

“Don’t you even think of damaging his memory!” Abraham pointed toward him, “I’ll kill her for what she’s done and I’ll kill you too for ruining my life!”

Eddie stifled himself. He didn’t want to upset Abraham because he had a feeling that the young man was just like Alexander. Due to the inhalation of that plant and given the serum to counteract it, the side effect was that he was super tough. It explained why he survived being shot by Woogie. The young man held up his hand in decent way of trying to calm Abraham down. “Abe, listen to me,” Eddie coughed, “It wasn’t me nor Jilly that ruined your life; it was Dharma.”

“Shut up,” the young adult hissed.

“Goodwin’s whole point of being there was to control you like cattle, because they want to breed a superior race,” Eddie tried to reason with him, “ He wasn’t your father, nor did he have any interest in being that way.”

“Shut up,” Abraham repeated.

“Please, listen to me! Did they tell you that you have a twin brother somewhere? Bunny did! I met her! Her name is Bonnie, she’s down the freaking hall!”

“I refuse to listen to this anymore,” the young man stood up, walking toward the door, “I hope Ben has a question that you can’t answer and then I will have my vengeance.”

“YOU TOUCH JILLY AND YOU ARE A DEAD MAN!!!” Eddie screamed back.

Abraham left the room and immediately Ben stepped in. He had a Styrofoam cup of coffee in his left hand. He calmly walked over and sat down in his chair. Eddie stared at the door, then let his eyes fall back on Ben. “Are you really going to let him hurt her?” he asked.

“If you lie to me, yes,” he said, as if he was talking about the weather.

“What is this, man?” the young man grunted, “What do you want from me?”

“A few more questions, that’s all, Eddie,” he said, “Then we’ll take you and Bonnie to your new home.”

“My . . new . .my new what?” he stammered.

“Questions first, then answers, agreed?” the scientist said, leaning into the table.

Eddie could barely talk. He rubbed his eyes with his free hand, feeling like he was about to collapse. He sipped on his diet coke again and then coughed. “Ask your damn questions.” He grunted.

“What other people from the Island had unique abilities?” Ben asked.

“What kind of abilities?”

“Mind reading, telekinese, tactile empathy or telepathy. Pain inducing psychosis. Any fo that ring a bell?”

“Some . . .members of the Liberation had those abilities.”

Ben pulled out a pad and pen from his jacket. “Oh?” he raised an eyebrow, “Who exactly?”

“Belmon, Pristine, Frakes and Fender.”

“You were well informed for a ten year old.” Ben smirked.

“The Island forced me to grow up fast.” Eddie replied.

“I’m sure,” Ben replied, “Last question. Where is the location of the boy who Belmont and the Liberation took?”

Eddie opened his mouth for a brief moment, then closed it. Ben was referring to Walt. It had just occurred to him that his friend was special; he remembered Walt telling that he was able to move a metal ball briefly with his mind. Eddie understood for a duration that Ben would do bad things to Walt and Micheal couldn’t handle his boy being abducted again. “I don’t know who you are talking about.” Eddie replied.

Ben tilted his head. He kept his eyes on the young man in front of him. “Remember, it’s not a good idea to lie to me, Eddie.” He told him.

Eddie just stared at him. He didn’t know Ben well enough to call his bluff. “ I don’t know where Walt is.” He coughed.

“That’s better,” the scientist wrote down the name,” His name is Walt. Where does he live?”

Eddie stared at him. The coolness of the room was beginning to affect him. Ben sipped on his coffee and waited for Eddie to speak. When he noticed, he wasn’t saying anything, he looked at him. “Where does he live?” he repeated.

“Go to hell.” Eddie whispered.

“Excuse me?” the scientist raised an eyebrow, almost genuinely insulted.

“If you think for one minute, I’m going to give up my friend for God knows what, you are sadly mistaken.”

“Now, now, Eddie, remember Jilly.”

“I’m . . .I’m not going to give him to you.” Eddie said, fighting back his tears.

“No one will ever know,” Ben said, with fake sympathy.

“I WOULD!” Eddie snapped back.

“No, you won’t.”

Eddie then blinked. His tears stopped flowing a minute. “What . .what did you say?” he coughed.

“You’ve shown remarkable strength, Eddie. Not to mention Bonnie was one of our experiment’s sisters.”

“Bunny wasn’t an experiment! She was a person!”

“Please let me finish,” Ben said, “so we will make sure you and Bonnie will begin a new adventure. On a distance Island, free from care and no memory of your life here.”

“No . . .” Eddie gagged again. He remember the stories told by Raven and Ecko about memory loss, “That liquid . . .that Ethan Rom made?”

“Fascinating stuff.” Ben smiled, “We will wipe yours and Bonnie’s memory. Then place you on the Island, under constant observation. I’ll be delighted to see how you react to the occupants already there.”

Eddie was on the verge of breaking down. Ben just told him, he was going to wipe his memory and place him on an island. To live like Alexander and Cedric; possibly forming his own tribe. All for the name of science. Ben then stood up. He took his coffee with him and walked over toward the door. “It’ll be dawn in three hours,.” Ben said, “I’ll give you that amount of time to consider your options. Walt for Jilly’s safety.”

Eddie looked at him as he closed the door. The young man was trembling. He wanted to snap his bonds, and break every bone in Ben’s body. Then feed him to the punk known as Abraham. The young man closed his eyes and tried not to weep. He realized Abraham was brainwashed but it didn’t stop his rage. He didn’t know if they were going to hold true to their threat but if they plan on wiping his memory; they probably would.

He really didn’t know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home