Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

Part 444: A Bigger Problem

January 21st, 2010

1:42 am


“Eddie.”

“Eddie.”

“Eddie, please wake up.”

The young man could hear Bonnie talking to him. His whole body ached. His neck was stiff, his wrist felt like they had sun burn and his heart was beating slowly. He coughed and coughed; trying to get the air back into his lungs. His head felt like it weighed a ton but the more he struggle, the more he was able to lift it. The young man managed to open his eyes and look around. In front of him was a table with one chair; behind it a mirror. The walls were solid white with no paintings. Then to his right was Bonnie and she was tied to a wheel chair.

Just like him.

Eddie grunted as he tried to pull himself free but he was bound to the wheelchair as well. His legs were bound on the foot pads. The young man squinted his eyes off the top halogen lights. He then looked over to Bonnie. “You okay?” he coughed, “Did they hurt you?”

Bonnie said nothing, as she stared at him with tears coming down her face.

“Bonnie?” the young man inquired again.

“I think . . I think they killed my mom.” She wept.

Eddie stared at her. He was washed over with guilt. He didn’t know what was going to happen; he had hoped to get the information out of Matt. The young man didn’t think he would have some sort of hidden signal device. So at that moment, he was trapped in God Knows Where, along with his distraught girlfriend. She needed to be held; comforted in the knowledge that everything was going to be all right. Eddie then shifted his weight and grabbed onto the handles of the wheelchair. He grunted as he then leaped, two inches toward her. “Eddie?” Bonnie gasped.

Eddie leaped again, moving another two inches. He continued this process, migrating further and further toward Bonnie. Then he got nearer to her. “Watch your fingers.” He warned.

Bonnie tucked her hand toward her body as best as she could. Eddie then leaped on last time, getting right next and accidentally bumping her. As he landed next to her, he then held out his hand and she immediately placed her hand into his; interlocking the fingers. Eddie leaned over and she did as well; allowing their heads to touch. It wasn’t a hug but the young man could tell it was making her feel better. She wept in front of him, causing him to get teary eyed as well. “I’m sorry to put you through this.” Eddie whispered, “I should have known Matt would have had some sort of signal device.”

“What do you mean?” she coughed.

“His wrist watch. It was flashing a red light just before the bad guys arrived.”

“Then . .he called them to us?” Bonnie wept, “It’s his fault . . .it’s his fault . . .I loved him . .like a daddy.”

“I’m so sorry, Bonnie.” He said, leaning over and kissing her forehead.

“You exposed him . .Eddie. I never would have known . . what happened to my sister.”

“This is my fault. I thought this was all about me.” Eddie whispered, “ I thought Matt had somehow planted you to fall in love with me; waiting for the day that I could figure out you and Bunny where twin sisters.”

“No . . .that was real.” She said, looking into his eyes.

Eddie felt his heart pounding out of his chest. Never since Bunny had he encountered someone in his life that meant so much to him. They were in a dire situation but he was going to do his best to make sure they get out safely. “I’m going to get you out of this.” He whispered, “Some how . . .I’ll get you out.”

“I know you will,” she replied.

“I don’t know if your mom is dead,” he tried to assure her, “ I don’t know if Jilly is okay.”

“Jilly?”

“Yeah, that phone call I got before the men took us. That was her publisher. He said that she was sick and would be staying with me. I haven’t heard from Jilly in two weeks.”

“You . .think they have her?” the young woman gasped.

“I know they do. I saw it in Matt’s eyes. They have her.”

“What about friends? The other survivors? Can Tony find you?”

“Tony will be looking for me.” He coughed, “I got friends who are cops too. I have a vague notion of where we are but I don’t know for certain.”

“Where do you think we are, Eddie?”

“Downtown. The Hanso Foundation building, where the Dharma group resides.”

“Matt works here.” Bonnie gasped, “But why?”

“They experiment, Bonnie. They pursue science at all costs, like Nazis use to do in World War II. Back on the Island where I was trapped, I saw an experiment in process. It was called The Black and Red Project. Where they divided two groups of kids into two factions, left them on the Island from near birth and then as they grew up; watched how they progressed. They were either savages or they formed good bonds. All because of some weird plant that grew on the Island.”

“And Matt . . .was a apart of that?” Bonnie asked.

“No, his other pre-clone was, the one called Ethan Rom. He was killed by a guy I know. The things I saw on that Island, Bonnie . . .they haunt me to this day and I’m sorry I brought you into it.”

“Eddie, no,” she whispered, gripping onto his hand, “ If what you told me is true and I believe it is . . .then I was already in the middle of it when I was born. Thank you . . .for the truth.”

“I love you, Bonnie,” he said, touching her forehead again.

“I love you too,” she replied, rubbing her forehead onto his.

Then the door to their room finally opened. The two lovers backed off from each other as they stared at the men who entered. One was an older, with a stocky build. The other two were younger and had beards. The two men then walked around the table toward the young couple. They walked closer to Eddie and then grabbed his wheelchair; trying to drag him away from Bonnie. Eddie held onto her hand as long as he could before they were forced apart. “NO!” Bonnie screamed.

Eddie tried to fight his way out but the stocky man then came over and placed a section of duct tape over his mouth. Eddie fought hard to escape his bonds but he couldn’t do it. Whatever they shot him with earlier left him incredibly weak. They started to wheel him out, with him thrashing around. “EDDDDIEEEE!!!!” Bonnie screamed, “PLEASE!! DON’T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME!!! EDDDDIIIIEEEE!!!!”

Eddie leaned back, trying to keep his eyes on her before he left the room and she was removed from his sight. The stocky man told Bonnie something then closed the door. The two men proceeded to wheel Eddie down the hallway. He fought on best he could but he couldn’t break the ties that bound him to the wheel chair. “His thrashing around like a fish out of water.” The stocky man laughed.

“Well, I reckon he’s upset, Pickett,” one of the other men told him.

“Sure, he’s got every reason to be but it ain’t our fault.” The one called Pickett mused.

Eddie stopped thrashing because the more he did, the more it made him tired. He tried to take in his surroundings but it looked like some sort of hospital. They past by rooms that seemed to contain people on beds. There was another room where he could see several chimpanzees in cages and what brought their strange behavior to his attention was their white hair. Then the two men pushed him into a room at the far end of the hallway. They slowly slid him toward the other end of a table in a room similar to the one he was in before. Then another man came into the room, wearing a lab coat. It had the Dharma symbol on his right side and on the left was a name tag.

It read Linus.

The man then placed a small box on the table. He pulled out a piece of rubber tubing, then walked over to Eddie. He rolled up his sleeve and then tied it to his arm. The strange doctor then tapped his arm, producing a vein. The young man began to hyperventilate, worried they were about to pump him full of more drugs. However, the man then pulled out an empty syringe and then placed the needle on his arm. Eddie grunted as the man withdrew a sample of his blood. Afterwards, he then injected it into a test tube. Promptly marking it with a date, he then placed it back in the small box and gave it to a blonde assistant. “Mr. Trascal, allow me to introduce myself,” the man with the creepy eyes smiled, “I’m Benjamin Linus. You may call me Ben.”

Eddie just stared at him. There was something about him that screamed “psycho” in his brain. Was this man one of the few responsible for the majority of Dharma projects? The man then leaned closer to him so he could whisper in his ear. “I want you to understand that I am truly sorry for what is about to happen,” he said very quietly, “But Matt is a long and dear friend. I must give him this brief indulgence.”

Eddie wondered what he was talking about. Ben then stepped to the side. The door opened and the ragged form of Matt Tefpourth limped into the room. His pants was bandaged where Julia had shot him. The man then pushed up his glasses, looking down at the bound and gagged young man. “Julia is a coma,” he whispered, “You are damn lucky we were able to stabilize her.”

Eddie couldn’t say anything coherent, but he managed to mutter the word “freak” between his lips of the duct tape.

“I meant every word that I loved Julia and Bonnie,” he coughed, “Now I’ve lost them both . . . because of your sorry punk ass.”

Matt then grabbed Eddie by the throat and then proceeded to hit him. The young man grunted with ever blow he gave him. He felt the man’s knuckles crack open the skin above his eye, then pound him in the side of the nose. Eddie could feel blood gushing out already. He felt another crack in the skin on his cheek and then Matt punched him across the jaw. He could already feel blood oozing into his mouth as well. Ben then grabbed his friend by arm and pulled him back. “That’s enough, Matt!” he grunted.

“You said, one minute!” the man shouted back.

“I said one minute to hit him across the top of the face. If you hurt his mouth, then he can’t talk and when he can’t talk, he’s useless to me!”

Matt shrugged off his friends arm. He took a moment to catch his breath and then spit on Eddie’s shirt. The young man didn’t care; he was too busy trying to breathe; which made it difficult with a mouth covered with duct tape and blood clogging up his nose. Matt promptly left the room and then Ben closed the door behind him. “I’m am terribly sorry about that,” he said, walking over to Eddie, “He loves Julia very much. I suppose it’s my fault. I should have expected him to go overboard.”

Eddie grunted as Ben removed the duct tape from his mouth. He coughed and caught his breath. The strange scientist proceeded to wipe the young man’s nose for him. He then proceeded to clean his wounds; placing a butterfly bandage over his wound just above his left eye. “There,:” he smiled, “All better now?”

“Was that supposed to be funny?” Eddie asked him.

“No, I guess not. But you will admit humor does lighten every bad situation, yes?”

“Is that why you brought me here? So I can be your audience for your bad jokes?”

“No, Eddie,” Ben said, as he sat down on the table across from him, “ I brought you here to tell me about the Island and every detail you remember.”

“Where’s Jilly?” the young man immediately demanded.

“Jilly is safe and sound. Whether she remains that way . . . is entirely up to you answering my questions.”

Eddie looked at the man, through the haze of pain in his head. He could tell he was serious. They would probably hurt Jilly if he didn’t talk with them about the Island. Ben then leaned forward and cupped his hands together.

“So,” he smiled brightly, “Where shall we begin?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home