Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Part 432: Karaoke Kings and Queens

Eddie and Bonnie strode back into the house from their little moment outside. They casually took off their coats and placed them on the back of chairs within the kitchen. A heavy bass beat began to echo out of the living room. The young redhead laughed at the sound. “Under Pressure,” she giggled, “That’s a classic David Bowie song.”

Eddie and his girlfriend walked into the living room where the annual tradition of Christmas Karaoke had begun. Seth, Dutch and Charlie were in the front of the Karaoke Master 3000 machine and they were dancing in perfect harmony. As Bonnie studied their movements, she could see they were doing something else. “That’s not Under Pressure.” She gasped.

“No,” Eddie smirked,” That’s something else.”

Karleigh was laughing so hard and being embarrassed at the same time. Tanya and Claire were behind on her the ottoman, laughing with her. The keyboardist tried to close her eyes but she couldn’t help but look at Dutch, Charlie and Seth perform Vanilla Ice’s “Ice, Ice, Baby.” It was something comparable to a train wreck; she couldn’t take her eyes off of it. When the refrain hit, all three men stopped dancing in perfect syncronisty.

All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it


“ Ice ice baby vanillla “ the trio whispered, causing the ladies to do an uproar of laughter

Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in and the vegas are pumpin'
Quick to the point to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon
Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a cymbal
And a hi-hat with a souped up tempo
I'm on a roll and it's time to go solo
Rollin' in my 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Vanilla with a nine
Reading for the chumps on the wall
The chumps acting ill because they're so full of eight balls
Gunshots rang out like a bell
I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
Falling on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
Bumpet to bumper the avenue's packed
I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
Police on the scene you know what I mean
They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
Miami's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My town that created all the bass sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause my style's like a chemical spill
Feasible rhymes that you can vision and feel
Conducted and formed
This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to step with this
Shay plays on the fade slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade so fast other DJs say damn
If my rhyme was a drug I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the mic while I kick my juice
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while Shay revolves it

Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby (oh-oh) vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla ice
Yo man let's get out of here
Word to your mother
Ice ice baby too cold
Ice ice baby too cold too cold
Ice ice baby


Seth, Dutch and Charlie then stopped in their dance, crossing their legs and placing their hands on foreheads; all at the same time. The group then stood up applauding them. Karleigh laughed, as she embraced her fiancé. “DON’T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!” she laughed.

Tony, John and McKay couldn’t stop laughing at the display. Tonya kissed Seth, saying he was a marvelous dancer. Claire told Charlie he was in the wrong profession. He could have been a dancer. Bonnie applauded and laughed. She then nudged Eddie in the side. “There is no way they would do that on stage.” She commented.

“No, they only dance like idiots in front of family.” The young man chuckled.

“Who’s next?” Hurley laughed.

“Your turn, Jack,” Kate said, shoving him forward.

“Oh, man,” he moaned as he stepped behind the big machine.

He picked up the microphone and began browsing through the large list of music. Jenny came over to his side, as she held onto his arm and started to help him pick a song. The two adoptive siblings scanned the computer listing. Jenny then pointed to a specific listing and the doctor laughing; shaking his head in agreement. “Better make it good, Jack,” Sawyer called to him, “The girls are looking to be impressed.”

“Then they better hold onto their seats, cause this is going to blow them away.”

“OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH.” John, McKay and Tony said in unison.

The music began to play and Jack stepped out from behind the console. He started to immediately do a very familiar dance; belonging to the late King of Rock and Roll. Since she was technically the oldest, Barbara put her hand on her chest when she saw Jack imitating Elvis Presley. Kate, Shanna and Mandy playfully screamed like any groupie would have back in those days. The doctor started to sing the lyrics.

A well I bless my soul
What’s wrong with me?
I’m itching like a man on a fuzzy tree
My friends say I’m actin wild as a bug
I’m in love
I’m all shook up
Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

My hands are shaky and my knees are weak
I cant seem to stand on my own two feet
Who do you thank when you have such luck?
I’m in love
I’m all shook up
Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

Joscelyn then laughed as she threw a cloth napkin at the doctor. Jack laughed as she caught it then pretended to wipe his sweat on it. Then he tossed it toward the crowd of women, as Kate and Jilly fought to grab it. They laughed together as they rolled down from the couch to the carpet. Jack winked at Jenny as he continued singing.

Please don’t ask me what’s on my mind
I’m a little mixed up, but I’m feelin’ fine
When I’m near that girl that I love best
My heart beats so it scares me to death!

She touched my hand what a chill I got
Her lips are like a volcano that’s hot
I’m proud to say she’s my buttercup
I’m in love
I’m all shook up
Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

My tongue get tied when I try to speak
My insides shake like a leaf on a tree
There’s only one cure for this body of mine
That’s to have the girl that I love so fine!

She touched my hand what a chill I got
Her lips are like a volcano that’s hot
I’m proud to say she’s my buttercup
I’m in love
I’m all shook up
Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!


The crowd then applauded his near perfect rendition of the Elvis song. Kate, Jenny and Jilly ran up to him; flooding him with kisses. The group just laughed even harder as the doctor was pretending to be overcome; letting his eyes roll to the back of his head. As they parted from him, Jack looked over to Sawyer who just had a smirk on his face, with his arms crossed. The doctor then tossed the microphone into his direction with the redneck catching it with ease. “Follow that, killer.” Jack laughed, putting on his best Jerry Lee Lewis impersonation.

“You asked for it.” The redneck said as he strode over to the machine.

He punched in the codes on the screen. The redneck waited for a few moments, then smirked as he punched in the code for the song he found. Within seconds, a bluegrass tone began to hum over the speakers. Not to be out done by Jack; Sawyer then started dancing his own self. Shanna cheered for him as he did and Kate just couldn’t stop laughing. She already knew the irony of why he chose it. The musician that was singing the country song was ALSO named Sawyer. He grabbed the microphone, shoved it to his mouth and then started singing.

She turned up her nose as she walked by my cadillac
From the corner of my eye I saw you and you laughed
You were sittin' on the swing on your front porch
Paintin' your nails like you were bored
And you yelled "She was sure impressed with you"

Well I ain't first class
But I ain't white trash
I'm wild and a little crazy too


Sawyer then pointed toward Taylor. “ Some girls don't like boys like me.” He sang, which drew a round of laughter.

Then he pointed to Kate and Shanna. “ Aww but some girls do!”

The redhead and the brunette screamed in delight; hugging each other. The rest of the group just laughed and cheered as Sawyer kept singing.

I yelled and asked if you would like a ride
When we pulled out of your yard I balled a tire
You was laughing at me, I was doing James Dean
You was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen
When you rolled your eyes and twirled my pink fur dice

Well good ole' boys don't get no breaks
And rich boys think they got what it takes
But there's someone for each of us they say

Well I ain't first class
But I ain't white trash
I'm wild and a little crazy too
Some girls don’t like boys like me.
AWWwwww but some girls do!

I said some girls do
You know some girls do
Like boys like me
You know some girls do


Sawyer jerked like Elvis when he was done. Kate, and Shanna ran over and flooded him with kisses too. They laughed and then squeaked a bit as he started smooching back and quickly grabbed both their buttocks. “Don’t encourage him!” McKay laughed.

Natasha smiled from the corner, twirling her hair. As Sawyer sat down with them, he looked back and winked at her. The stock trader felt a tingle in her belly at the prospect of getting with the redneck again. Ecko and Raven just watched the whole scene and simply found it amusing. Hurley then stood up. “Okay, who’s next?” he asked.

“I got an idea,” Marita smiled, “Every girl who was proposed to should sing. For the men in their lives.”

“Yeah, yeah!” Charlie clapped.

“Oh, my God, “ Shannon giggled as she walked up to the Karaoke Master 3000.

Karleigh picked up Libby by the arm, pulling her with her. As the four women stood behind the console, they started to browse the selection. They were whispering and giggling, trying to find the appropriate selection. Claire then gasped in delight, pointing to a specific song. Libby giggled at the selection; considering it was one of her favorite songs. The rest of the girls picked up the extra microphones. They began to play the music and once it was heard, all their fiancés smiled; because they were definitely singing just for them.

Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear

You give me fever, when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight
Fever in the morning
Fever all through the night

Sun lights up the daytime
Moon lights up the night
My eyes light up when you call my name
'Cause I know you're gonna treat me right


Charlie’s smile was probably the biggest it’s ever been. Sayid kept his fingers over his mouth; keeping his eyes on Shannon the whole time. Dutch already knew that Karleigh was a great singer and Hal just felt even more loved by Libby. The girls were to the point of blushing as all their men were watching them. They continued to sing.

Everybody's got the fever
That is something you should know
Fever isn't such a new scene
Fever started long ago

Romeo loved Juliet
Juliet, she felt the same
When he put his arms around her
He said, "Julie baby, you're my flame"

Captain smith and Pocahontas
Had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said, daddy oh don't you dare
"He gives me fever
"With his kisses
"Fever when he holds me tight
"Fever, I'm his missus
"So, daddy, won't you treat him right"

Fever, when you kiss them
Fever, if you live and learn
Fever, 'til you sizzle
What a lovely way to burn


The group applauded the ladies performance. Karleigh bowed and showed off her fellow singers, who had never sung professionally but they didn’t hesitate for their friends and family. Libby put her arms around Hal and kissed him passionately. Flower and Andra giggled behind her but the therapist just waved them off. Sayid embraced Shannon and held her closely; moved by her singing. Dutch kissed Karleigh on the cheek and suggested his fiancé should record a track for that. Charlie laughed as he embraced Claire. “So, . . .duet on our next album?” he suggested.

“Oh, shut up, Charlie,” she laughed, kissing him.

Bonnie and Eddie clapped at the fun they were having. “Hey, Bonnie,” Barbara called to her.

The young redhead walked over to the older redhead and they laughed; clasping each other’s hands. “Are you having a great time?” Barbara asked.

“I’m having a blast!” she laughed, “My own family party is boring compared to this.”

“It’s what we do every year,” Jilly told her, “ We’re use to it.”

Eddie stared at his girlfriend, talking to his mother and his adoptive sister. Seeing the love beam from her this evening, gave his heart a twirl. She came into his life, loved him and was also accepted by his large, collected family. The young man took a deep sigh and then decided to repay her kindness in a very special way. He walked past everybody as he made his way across the living room floor. Sawyer raised an eyebrow as he watched him. Hurley was about to ask who was next but when he saw Eddie walk over to the Karaoke Master, he just smiled brightly; clapping his hands. Barbara then paused when she saw her son at the machine, with the microphone in his hand and browsing through the songs. “Oh, My heavens.” Barbara smiled.

“What?” Bonnie turned around, “What’s going on?”

“Eddie is at the Karaoke machine!” Jilly laughed, placing her hands over her mouth.

“Huh?” the redhead smiled, “What’s the big deal about that?”

“He’s NEVER gone up there.” Jilly said, looking at her.

“Never? EVER?” the young girl gasped.

Barbara placed her hands around the young girls shoulders. “You bring out the best in him, Bonnie.” The older woman whispered.

Eddie pressed a button and then a soft tune began to play, with a hint of pop into it. The young man leaned against the machine, as he stared across the room toward his girlfriend.


I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I wont let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul


The group gave off a collective sight of “awwwww’s”. Bonnie smiled brightly and began to walk across the living room toward Eddie as he kept singing.

I know that you are something special
To you I'd be always faithful
I want to be what you always needed
Then I hope you'll see the heart in me

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I wont let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

Your beautiful soul, yeah
You might need time to think it over
But im just fine moving forward
I'll ease your mind
If you give me the chance
I will never make you cry c`mon lets try

A few of the girls began to sway to his tune, with their husbands, boyfriends or fiancés joining them. Bonnie smiled as she leaned up against the console, with Eddie not taking his eyes off of her.

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I wont let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

Am I crazy for wanting you
Baby do you think you could want me too
I don't wanna waste your time
Do you see things the way I do
I just wanna know if you feel it too
There is nothing left to hide

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I wont let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

You beautiful soul, yeah


The group then laughed and applauded as Eddie was done. Bonnie walked around the console, and kissed him; falling into his embrace. John, Tony and McKay cheered him on; shouting their approval. Eddie hugged his girlfriend and winked at the three men who helped shape him into the man he had become. Bonnie just closed her eyes, holding onto her boyfriend and thinking of an amusing dilemma.

How was she going to tell her family, she would want to spend Christmas Eve here from now on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home