Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Part 422: Phone Calls

Eddie had finally gotten home after his fun filled evening. The carnival was a blast, as far as he was concerned. Bonnie said she would always cherish the lime-green teddy bear he won for her in the bottle/ring toss. However, it was shopping at Tower Records for the latest Turboshaft CD was probably the most fun. The whole while she was shopping, Eddie did his best to not snicker. Bonnie kept punching him in the arm; thinking he was teasing her. However, he was snickering because it was obvious Bonnie had not read every single article about Flight 815 or otherwise, she’d know that Eddie was on “family” terms with every single member of the band.

Eddie took off his shoes and put his jacket in the closet. He then walked over to the fridge and grabbed a Red Rock cola. He calmly pulled the cap off, and took a swig. He then reached over to the list of phone numbers on the side of the refrigerator. By the time he found Charlie’s number, the phone began to ring. Eddie wondered who could be calling at this hour. He calmly looked at the caller id and then his eyes lit up when he saw that it J. Forrest Hotel. The name of the place where his mother was staying. He quickly answered the phone. “Mom?” he said with a smile.

“Morning, baby. How are you?” Barbara said over the phone.

“Actually, good evening here, mom.” He smirked.

“Oh, sorry about that, Eddie,” she giggled, “I keep forgetting Japan is on the other side of the world.”

The young man paused when he heard his mother eating in the background. “You eating breakfast?” he asked.

“Yes. And it’s good too.” She said, sipping on some kid of liquid.

“I’ve always been curious. What do the Japanese consider breakfast? Squid or crab?”

“Breads and fruits, silly,” his mother scoffed at him, “So, Eddie, I managed to call Tony and Marita the other day.”

Eddie then closed his eyes, wincing. He was treading the speech about not doing fights in school. There were days when he would have preferred his mother spank him than give him a lecture. “They say . . you have a girlfriend?” his mother giggled over the phone.

Eddie opened his eyes, slightly gasping. He was fully expecting them to tell his mother about his brawl with the football players but obviously they didn’t. He quickly gathered himself. “Uh . .yeah, mom, I do,” he said, “Her name is Bonnie Mayer.”

“And will I meet her this Christmas?” she asked with a slight coy tone.

“I haven’t thought that far ahead but sure, I’ll ask her.”

“Good. I’m so happy you’ve found someone, Eddie. I was . . kinda worried . .”

“That I would remain a loner?” he answered for her.

He could hear his mother take a deep breath over the phone. “I’m sorry, Eddie,” she replied, “You experienced more than any ten year old should have experienced on the Island. I was so glad that Tony, Marita and the guys helped you through it.”

“I hear what you’re saying, ma,” he said, closing his eyes, “I know I haven’t had that many friends, or even a girlfriend. But finding Bonnie was a good thing. I’m . . .I’m going to be okay, mama.”

Barbara sighed again, “Good. Now, what else has been going on? Did you get to see Jilly?”

“I did. We had lunch a few weeks back. She’s doing great, mom. She’s still inspiring women all over the place.”

“I know she is. I’m proud of her. Her book is a best seller here in Japan too.” Barbara then shifted something around on her table, “Well, look, sweetie. I got to go. Don’t forget to do whatever Tony and Marita say for Thanksgiving okay?”

“Okay, ma.” He rolled his eyes with a smile.

“And don’t forget to cash the checks I’ve sent you.”

“I won’t forget, ma.”

“Oh, my little man,” she said, making a kiss sound, “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too, mom.” He sighed, “Get me some cool Japanese stuff for Christmas, okay?”

“I will, Eddie. Take care, sweetie. I love you.” Barbara made the kissing sound again.

“I love you too, mom. See you in December.” He said, as he calmly hung up the phone.

Eddie paused for a moment. He did indeed miss his mother. Perhaps their connection was special because of what they went through; thinking he lost her and then finding her again. He hoped that December would arrive quickly because he was anxious to see her again. He took one more sip of his Red Rock cola and then got the phone number to Charlie’s place. Eddie calmly dialed the number and waited for the phone to ring. Within four rings, it did answer and not by who the young man was expecting. “Loe?” Aaron said.

“Aaron?” Eddie asked, “What are you doing up?”

“Why you callin, bumhead?” the young boy responded.

“What . . .what did you call me?”

“BUMHEAD!”

“Are you trying to call me a butt-head?” the young man laughed, “You’ve been hanging around Charlie too much. Is Charlie there?”

Before Aaron could say anything further, he could hear Charlie taking the phone away from him. Eddie just laughed at the constant jokes he and the little boy went through. “Hello?” the musician asked.

“Hello, Charlie.” The young man smirked, “Aaron called me a bum-head.”

The musician then burst out laughing. “Oh, my god, Eddie,” he laughed, “Claire is going to kill me.”

“What do you think she’ll do when she hears him say Sodding Brilliant and Bloody Wonderful?”

“Hey, stop making fun of my heritage, ya yank.” He playfully scoffed him.

“Anyway, Charlie, I . .uh . .got a big favor to ask of you.”

“Name it.” The musician immediately responded.

“By any chance, you got any spare tickets to your concert this weekend?”

“Bloody Hell, Eddie, are you FINALLY coming to one of our shows?” Charlie laughed.

“Well, kinda,” the young man laughed; a little embarrassed, “My girlfriend likes you guys.”

“Your girlfrie. . . .wait . .Eddie, have you told her you know all of us?”

“Nope.” He said with a snicker.

“OH, YOU LITTLE SWINE!” the musician laughed, “It’s good to see you might be worthy of Sawyer one day. No problem, mate. I’ll send over two special VIP packages for you and your lady. I look forward to meeting her.”

“Thanks, Charlie. I owe you one.” Eddie smiled.

“Think nothing of it. I look forward to seeing her face this weekend and the shock that will follow. Cheers, boy,” Charlie said, as he hung up the phone.

Eddie smiled as he hung up the phone. The musician had mentioned he’s going to enjoy seeing the shock on Bonnie’s face. The young man couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

Not as much as he’s going to enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home