Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Part 357: Vows

January 13th, 2005

The day started like it had been for the post two days. The group gathered in the Port of Call Buffet down at the bottom of the Gold Coast Hotel. Alexander ate large quantities like he always did. Seth mentioned he’d give anything to have his metabolism. Sayid then made every body went he reminded the young singer what it took to give Alexander that high metabolism. Seth politely declined to be experimented on.

The first stop was the Chapel of Love, for Taylor and McKay. The bald Australian laughed at the placed, considering it resembled something out of the Wild West. Even the minister was dressed in typical garb for a priest in 1885. The young blonde said it would remind McKay of his home which made him laugh even more. The group took their places. They weren’t dressed in full wedding clothing , but nice relaxed clothing; as they had many stops before the day was over.

The minister said his words from the bible and then addressed the couple to exchange their vows. Taylor looked at her fiancé and smiled, holding his hand. “McKay, I honestly didn’t like you when I first met you,” she giggled, “But it took a good friend of mine to realize that you were right for me. The more I knew you, the more I loved you. I had just come out of a bad relationship so I wasn’t prepared for another man in my life. But then again, I wasn’t prepared to survive a plane crash . . .nor prepared to find a man willing to take on a wild polar bear to save my life. I knew from that point forward, you were the man for me.”

After she gave him his ring, McKay waited for the Wild West minister to tell him it was his time to give his vows. “Taylor, I was attracted to you from the moment I saw you,” the Australian whispered, “ I too, had just come out a bad relationship as well and wasn’t expecting to find you. But my good friends that I made on that Island whispered in my ear and spoke of the winds of Fate. Fate let me too you. And even though we faced hardship and the loss of friends on that Island, I don’t regret it happening. If it didn’t happen, I never would have found you. I love you, Taylor.”

The young blonde smiled as McKay placed on her engagement and wedding ring. Mandy sniffed, trying to control herself. She always cried at weddings and if she was going to attend everybody’s wedding, it was bound to be a tearful day. The minister told them to kiss each other and they didn’t hesitate. Their friends then stood up and applauded. They then took each other hand and hand, and began to walk down the aisle. Taylor laughed as she tossed her bouquet right into Mandy’s arms. The blonde playfully scorned her friend for doing it. The rest of the friends began to follow them out to the awaiting limo they rented. “One down,” John smirked, “Three to go.”


The next stop was the wedding for Mia and John. The Lakota girl had chosen a garden area wedding chapel. It was surrounded by lots of flowers and large ponds with exotic fish in them. John and Mia walked hand and hand up the stone path to the awaiting black minister. He stood within a white gazebo, awaiting their arrival. Shanna began to cry as she stood with her best friend. Tony patted John on the back as he stood by his archer friend. The black minister began his speech on the scared rite of marriage and how the bonds of marriage can never truly be broken should the couple not wish it. As Mia stared into John’s eyes and he into hers; they knew they would always be together. The minister then informed them they could exchange their vows.

Mia took the ring from Shanna and gently placed it on John’s finger. “John Riggs,” she smiled, slightly crying, “ As I grew to know you, I knew I would do many things for you. You have the heart of a warrior and you skill with the bow is proof of that. You’ve saved my life more times than I can count. When I was . . .hanging by that noose back on the Island, I wasn’t thinking about how I would die but how I felt cheated that life with you would have been denied me. Fate intervened and now we are here. I’ll be your family, John. I’ll give you children and I’ll grow old with you. I love you, my brave hero.”

John winced his fate, trying not cry at her beautiful words but it wasn’t easy. Then he saw a hand to his left holding a tissue. Tony smirked, already knowing this was going to happen. The archer chuckled slightly as he wiped his eyes and looked at his bride, ready to say his vows. “Mia Ray,” he smiled, “You are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid my eyes on. I know that’s a bold thing to say but in my heart, it’s true. As I watched you on the Island, I enjoyed observing your kindness, your generous, your ability to see the good in others. Sometimes I think it slightly annoys you that you wind up being a mother figure to you friends but you excel at it. You knowledge of history and the culture of your people fascinated me as well. I didn’t just fall in love with you, Mia . . .I fell in love with your soul. I know it’s cliché but you complete me. I love you so much.”

“Oh, John,” she sniffed.

“I know pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. John Riggs,” the black minister smiled, “You may now kiss the bride.”

Mia wrapped her arms around John and kissed him. The group applauded. Shannon wiped her tears, as Sayid put his arm around her. Shanna smiled brightly as Mia and John were now man and wife. As they parted, the redhead gave her friend back her bouquet. She immediately laughed when Mia threw it back to her. Tony shook his friend’s and embraced him like a brother. The archer was happy that his blind friend and McKay could be with him on this day.

The group then left the garden area to head toward their next wedding. It was then going to be Tony and Marita’s turn.


The group arrived at the pristine church just outside the town of Vegas. It was a special Mexican church, complete with adornments and special windows of the culture. As they entered, Tony and Marita walked down the isle together. The blind man could feel the sun from the distance windows caress his face. He gently felt of the warmth on his cheek. He could tell by his bride squeezing his hand that she choose it for just that reason. Even the chimes in the distance of the church was beautiful. The couple stopped at the minister awaiting them.

The minister said his words in Spanish first and then English. The blind doctor smiled, understanding most of it and thankful it was translated. After he spoke of the union of two souls and the power that marriage has over two people, he told them it was time to say their vows. Marita then gently placed the gold band on Tony’s finger. “When we crashed on that Island, I thought I was going to die,” she said, looking at her future husband,” Even though you didn’t have your eyes, you had the skills of a healer to make sure I was okay. I will always be grateful for that, Tony. I had been a bachelorette my whole life, searching for the right man to come in my life. A very . ..good friend of mine named Yolanda . . told me I should stop searching. She said, all I had to do was wait and the right man would come to me. I had no idea how right she would be. I will enjoy spending the rest of my life with you, Tony. You are my love, now and always.”

The blind man slowly smiled as a tear slid down from behind his black glasses. He then reached into his side pocket and gently placed the engagement and wedding ring on her finger. He took a deep breath and paused; sniffing. The minister waited for a brief second then said, “Mr. Largo, you may now say your vows.”

The blind doctor said nothing. Just continued to look toward his right. Marita then got a little worried. “Tony?” she asked.

The blind doctor squeezed her hand. Then he gently reached up with his other hand and removed his glasses. Marita blinked, wondering what he was doing. The doctor then winced slightly as he tilted his head and looked at her. The Latina nearly broke down in tears, when she understood he WAS really looking at her. She sniffed, reaching up and touching his cheek. “You deserve . . .to be looked at . . .on our wedding day,” he said, straining to focus.

Marita cried a little, as he took her hand and held it close. “I know you are grateful for me helping you on the Island, Marita,” he whispered, “I am grateful I was there. I am even more thankful that you were there to save my life. Had you not found the antibiotics to help me, I would have been a goner. I would have not had the chance to love you and to be with my great friends I have now. I suppose . . .I am slightly bitter for the crash taking away my sight. However, it made me realize that you loved me for who I was. Not because of me being doctor or out of some sense of pity for my handicap, you loved me. That made me love you even more. I can’t see you . . . .but I see nothing else.”

“Tony,” she wept.

“I love you so much,” he whispered.

The minister pronounced them as husband and wife, then they could kiss each other. Tony wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her, holding her close. Marita’s tears fell on her husband’s cheeks as she kissed him. Mia cried, holding onto John. Even the archer felt a little teary eyed and slightly jealous; he knew Tony would have a better speech than him. Then it was all done, the group applauded their friends. Marita laughed as she wiped her tears, then pulled the bouquet apart. The other girls realized it was made that way, two groups of flowers made into a large one. The Latina then turned and toss each one to Andra and Flower. They giggled as they caught them; not knowing the true significance but enjoying the act none then same.

As they were walking out of the church, Seth waved his hands toward his friends. “LET’S GO, PEEPS!!!” he screamed, “We saved the best for last!”


The group stood within the large elevator as it continued to rise. The group was snickering and whispering most of the time. The group finally knew where Seth and Tanya were having their wedding and it was mixed feelings, ranging from amusement to disbelief. Tony stayed with Marita as he shifted his head around in the elevator, after she told them where they were. “He’s not serious,” he coughed.

“He’s serious,” John sighed.

Mia reached over and touched Seth’s arm, getting his attention. “You are such a dork! You know that?” she giggled.

“Yeah, and Tanya still loves me,” he smiled, “Go figure.”

As the elevator rose up, Tanya could barely contain herself. She was giggling and slightly jumping up and down. Seth smiled at her, patting her on the hand. Mia and Shanna just smiled, shaking their heads in disbelief. As they had grown to know and like Tanya, there was one aspect about her that Seth failed to mention.

She was a Trekkie.

The elevator opened up to the bridge of the starship Enterprise, as it was constructed at The Vegas Hilton. The awaiting minister was actually dressed like the Captain of the vessel. As the group walked in, they couldn’t help but laugh out loud at the absurdity of what they were doing. However, if it wasn’t a crazy thing, then it wasn’t Seth. The young singer walked up to the captain with his bridge. Tanya was afraid of laughing during the whole ceremony. Seth even saluted the man dressed as a Klingon to his left.

Then the captain began to say a special eulogy about marriage and the fate of the cosmos can be altered by two people in love. Even though it was meant to be a beautiful speech, all Seth and Tanya did was snicker during the whole thing. The blonde had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing the whole time. The group of friends stood behind them, smiling and giggling as well. Then the time had come to say their vows. Tanya turned toward the young man she had loved for so long. “Seth,” she said, then slightly giggled, “I should have known you would do this. Thank you for allowing us to get married among the stars.”

Seth smiled brightly as he looked at her.

“But when I heard that your flight went down, I was crushed. I had lost the man who’s life made me whole. I never gave up hope; something always told me you were still alive. I even had a magical moment when I felt your touch in my heart. I knew you were still alive at that point. I just knew. You came back to me with a brightness in your heart, cause I saw what type of man you had become. A man who could cherish the friendship of complete strangers and even call them family. You left me as a great man. Now you are better than that, and I love you for it.”

Seth smiled, sniffing to draw back his tear. He gently then placed her engagement and wedding ring on her finger. He took on step closer and held her hands closer to his chest. “I thanked God I survived,” he whispered, “I thanked God for giving me my new friends and I thanked God you were still here waiting for me. You may not have been on that Island with me physically but you were with me in my heart. There wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t think of you. I even sang your favorite song in the hope you would hear me. And I know . . you did. I love you, Tanya.”

The blonde sniffed, trying her best not to cry. The couple then turned back toward the captain. “Is the word given, sir?” Seth asked.

“The word is given,” the captain smiled, “Warp speed.”

“Aye, sir,” the young singer chuckled as he kissed his bride.

The group of friends behind him applauded the marriage. Seth held her close, kissing her. He broke off laughing when the Klingon behind them cheered in screaming and lurching. The friends laughed as they had to agreed, the best wedding was saved for last. The friends then began to flock out of the room and toward the elevator.

Four weddings in one day. Others joked they only did it so they could remember their anniversaries but the truth was they did it to honor their friends. They started out as strangers and became so much more. They began a family.

And the first edition of that family would arrive in a few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home