Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Monday, April 03, 2006

Part 353: Christmas Party Part 3

The night was still continuing along. The party was swaying down but the majority of the cliques that formed on the Island were still there. Shannon leaned down and gave Vincent a hug, allowing the dog to lick her on the cheek. “I’m going to miss you, pooch.” She laughed.

“You should get a dog of your own, Shannon,” Walt smiled.

“I already do, “ she leaned up and kissed Sayid on the cheek.

“Very funny,” he smirked.

“You gonna take of her, Sayid?” the little black boy asked.

“I did a fairly good job of it on the Island. I see no reason why I should stop now.”

“I love you,” Shannon kissed him.

Sayid enjoyed being with her. She felt very close to her and she calmly his fighting spirit. She was just the peace he had sought from all the horrible things he had done in his life. Shannon had already agreed to let him find Nadia and put that part of his past behind him. He owed it to her to make sure she was safe. Plus, he wanted to tell her that he was in love with someone else now. It was the right thing to. Sayid was thankful for what the Island had given him. It allowed him to find Shannon and reunite with Tony even though they only met briefly. The thought of his fellow soldier made him scan around the room for him. Amazingly enough, he found him at the karaoke machine.

John had his arm around his good friend on one side and McKay was standing next to him on the other side. The archer would flip through the songs and every time he paused on one, he would whisper in Tony’s ear; the blind doctor kept shaking his head NO. The Iraqi then turned and tapped Marita on the shoulder. “Marita?” he pointed, “What is Tony up to?”

“I’m not sure.” She said, gently munching on some crab cakes.

Tony then laughed and shook his head in agreement. John and McKay laughed even louder. Whatever the selection was, it seemed to make them all happy. The blind doctor then felt his way around past the karaoke machine. “Attention everybody.” He spoke into the mic.

The group paused in their conversations and looked to the man who gave the People of the Tail Section the wisdom of a leader. “In case anybody hasn’t figured it out yet, I marrying Marita.” He spoke.

The group went into an uproar of applause. The Latina smirked, gently covering her cheeks so no one could see her blushing. The blind man then smiled and held the microphone close. “She was kind enough to sing to me. The En Vogue song was deeply moving,” he smiled, “Now, I am going to return the favor. Hit it, John.”

The archer pressed the button and the music began to play on the loud speakers. Tony began to dance to the beat but it was a familiar dance. Micheal then began to chuckle when he recognized the specific dance. Marita’s eyes then began to bulge as she recognized the dance and then the song.

It belonged to another blind man.

“OH, MY GOD, TONY!!” she laughed in disbelief.

The blind doctor then began to drone out the Stevie Wonder song Uptight (All Right).

Baby, ev'rything is all right,
uptight, out of sight.
Baby, ev'rything is all right,
uptight, out of sight.

I'm a poorman's son, from across the railroad tracks,
The only shirt I own is hangin' on my back,
But I'm the envy of ev'ry single guy
Since I'm the apple of my girl's eye.
When we go out stepping on the town for a while
My money's low and my suit's out of style,
But it's all right
if my clothes aren't new
Out of sight
because my heart is true.


She says baby ev'rything is alright, uptight, out of sight.
Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.


Micheal then began to do the electric slide on the floor. Yolanda screamed in delight at his dancing skills. The black man then grabbed Jack and brought him onto the dance floor. “Let’s see what you got, white boy!” he laughed.

The doctor felt awkward on the dance floor but it was all in good fun; and he couldn’t let Micheal show him up. He began to follow him move for move. John then joined in as McKay. Taylor and Mandy laughed incredibly hard as their men dancing in unison. Sawyer then grabbed Jin and Sayid bringing them to the dance floor as well. “C’mon, guys, lets show them how it’s done.” The redneck laughed.

Jin screamed something in Korean; basically saying Sawyer was drunk. Sayid laughed and joined his friends on the dance floor. They were all dancing only moderately well but it was giving their friends a laugh and in the end, that’s all they cared about. Tony was certain something was happening but he couldn’t see. He just kept on singing.

She’s a pearl of a girl, I guess that's what you might say,
I guess her folks brought her up that way,
The right side of the tracks, she was born and raised
In a great big old house, full of butlers and maids.
No one is better than I, I know I'm just an average guy,
No football hero or smooth Don Juan,
Got empty pockets, you see I'm a poorman's son.
She says give her the things that money can buy
But I'll never, never make my baby cry,

And it's all right, what I can't do,
Out of sight because my heart is true,
She says baby ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.
Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.
Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, ah ah ah ah,
Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.
Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.

At the end of the song, everybody cheered for the blind doctor. Marita ran up to him and embraced him; kissing him all over. The group came over and patted him on the back. Sawyer was laughing the hardest of all. “Cochise, I swear you’d give Stevie a run for his money.” He laughed.

“Thanks, man,” he smiled, shaking the redneck’s hand.


Mia stood at the doorway, smiling at her friends. Seeing John dance was probably the highlight of the evening. She enjoyed seeing the joy in their faces. She hoped she would see it always. The Lakota girl then turned and began to walk back down the hallway. She wanted to discuss a few things with her two best friends she came away from the Island with.

Seth rested on the bench to the farthest wall, gently flicking the leaves of the potted plant next to him. Shanna sat next to him, sipping on her punch. She had taken off her black shoes and rubbed her bare feet into the carpet. All those months, walking on the sand in bare feet, it felt weird to wear shoes again. “We’ve been treated well when we’ve gotten here, we’ve gotten stuff and we’ve dined well,” Seth muttered, sipping on his punch, “But now for some crazy reason, then only thing I can think of is breakfast tomorrow.”

“What we having?” the redhead smiled.

“I have been graving Count Chocula something fierce.” Seth said, closing his eyes and almost tasting the cereal.

“Oh, God, yeah,” Shanna laughed, “ I was some Trix cereal.”

“No, we ain’t having Trix.”

“Why not?”

“Cause TRIX ARE FOR KIDS!” Seth said, wild eyed.

Shanna covered her mouth, cause she giggled so hard she nearly spit out her punch. She laughed, leaning back. “You rat!” she giggled, “I fell right into that.”

“You asked for it, sis,” he smiled, “So . .what are we having? Count Chocula or Trix?”

“Hey! Let’s have both!”

“Shanna, I love you to death but we are having either Count Chocula or Trix. Not both.” He said in all seriousness.

“What are you two doing?” Mia laughed as she heard Shanna screaming down the hall.

“Oh, Seth is just being a goof ball, like always,” Shanna patted the seat next to her for Mia to sit.

The Lakota girl then sat down, smiling at the two people she had come to love like siblings. Seth sipped on his punch to the finish and then placed the plastic cup on the dirt of the nearby potted plant. “So, what brings you out here into the hallway, Mia?” he asked, “What did you want to talk about?”

“What do you guys plan on doing after our relinquish from the government?” Mia asked them.

“I got some things I have to sort out before I tag along with you guys to Vegas.” Seth admitted, “Then I guess me and Charlie need to discuss our plans for Turboshaft.”

“I have to go and get my father’s affairs in order,” Shanna said in a grumpy attitude, “Would you come with me when I do that, Mia?”

“Of course I will,” she took her hand.

“You want me to drive?” Seth then asked.

The redhead looked at him, slightly shocked. “You would do that?” she asked, “What about Tanya? Would she understand?”

“If she loves me, she’ll understand. I’m with her life, there isn’t any way to change that now. If she needs me to explain how much you two mean to me, then I will.”

“You know,” Mia leaned in, “I have to go to Alabama. It was Cecil’s dying wish that I deliver his wallet to his son.”

“You are a big woman to do such a thing for that scum bag,” the singer commented.

“Never the less, I promised him I would do it, “ the Lakota girl smiled, “So how about this? How about we all go on a road trip and take care of all these little things we have to finish?”

“Well, the personal thing I have to finish before we leave for Vegas.” Seth said, “But I’m all for a road trip.”

“Yeah, me too!” Shanna said, hugging Mia.

“It’s settled then. No one can stop the Brat Pack.”

“Who gave us that nickname by the way?” Seth stood up.

“Cecil himself,” the Native American giggled.

“Why am I not surprised?” the singer said, walking over to the railing overlooking the lobby.

The three friends stood side by side against the railing. Shanna finished her punch and threw the plastic cup behind her. Then the redhead leaned her head on Mia’s shoulder. Seth smiled, gently taking the redhead’s hand and she squeezed it in return. “Promise me we’ll always be a part of each other’s lives.” Mia whispered.

“I promise.” Shanna smiled.

“You aren’t getting rid of me that easily.” Seth replied.

The three friends held onto each other as they watched the groups of people scurry by in the lobby area. Mia enjoyed the closeness of her new sister and brother. The moment they were sharing at that very second reminded her of when they all emerged from the special dream that Brendon gave them and how they sat outside of the cave, huddled in the darkness. “I wish Brendon was with us.” She sniffed.

Shanna raised her head to look at her friend but then Seth turned to smile her at. He then made three pats to his chest. “He is,” he smiled.

They truly missed him but they knew he would never leave them. In their memories and their hearts. Shanna then smiled and waved toward the lobby. “Who you waving to?” Mia asked.

“Jilly.” The redhead pointed, “She’s waving to us.”

Seth saw the familiar deaf woman down in the lobby, looking up and smiling brightly. The singer then looked a little curious. “Is she drunk?” he calmly asked.

“I don’t think Jilly drinks,” Mia giggled, “Why do you ask?”

“Look at the way her teeth are so clenched. That’s got to be the fakest smile I have ever-“

Before Seth could finished his sentence, he quickly understood that Jilly was not waving to them; she was waving only to him. She immediately did a sign language gesture directly in her chest. As if she didn’t want anybody else to see it. Seth’s eyes slowly began to bulge and his heart sank from a mild sadness.

“Oh, no,” he whispered, alarmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home