Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Part 136: Mistrust

McKay grunted as Taylor gently applied the peroxide to his face. The young blonde did as Tony instructed. The blind doctor stayed with them while she performed the tasks. “Should have broken his flipping neck.” The Australian hissed.

“Let it go, McKay,” Tony ordered, “Fighting won’t resolve anything.”

“But how do you not expect me to take it personally, Tony?” he replied, “They centered ME out. Someone stole my lighter and left it at the scene. Those few days we had spent building the trust of these people just went down the toilet.”

“And Sawyer didn’t help matters.” Taylor piped in, “We should have let McKay bash his head in.”

“I’m for that.” John agreed, “And eye for an eye.”

“Guys, let’s just jump to conclusions.” Tony held up his hands, “Sawyer is a scumbag and a lowlife redneck but he was just reacting. The difference between him and us is that we think.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that one day that loudmouth is gonna need someone to teach him a lesion in humility.” McKay grunted.

“And when that time comes, he’ll learn it but in the meantime, he is not our concern.”

“Our concern would be . .who took the lighter?” John asked.

“It would see that we’ll have to be detectives.” The blind doctor whispered.

“Tony,.” Mandy whispered, looking behind her, “We got company.”

Tony listened to the sound of approaching footsteps. John looked at the group approaching them. It consisted of Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. The group stopped just shy of them. McKay and Taylor stood up, followed by Mandy. John then stood up and Tony slowly followed them, holding onto his cane. “Hello, Jack,” the blind doctor replied, “I hope you are not hear to drag McKay into some kind of kangaroo court?”

“No, Tony,” Jack sighed, “We came to tell him that we don’t believe he burned the raft.”

McKay shook his head in a sigh of relief, “Thank you.”

“And an apology from Sawyer?” Taylor asked.

“That part, unfortunately . . .” Kate rubbed her cheek.

“I would think Hell would have to freeze over first, dude,” Hurley replied.

“Well, it’s good to know that you guys are on our side, “Tony told them, “But where do we proceed from here?”

“We need to find Jin,” the other doctor replied, “Micheal was immediately convinced it was his altercation with Jin that led to the burning of the raft. Plus, Sawyer might get involved. Now that he knows it wasn’t McKay.”

“We’ll help in anyway we can.” John told them.

Jack shook the hand of the archer, glad the trust is still there. The group then began to discuss what to do about the Korean man and how Micheal felt about him. In the distance, Eddie looked at his adult friends. He overheard them talking about finding the culprit who burned the raft. “You know he did it.” Mr. Kangaroo whispered.

Eddie shook his head in agreement with his toy.

Confront him.” The stuffed toy whispered.

Eddie turned around and began to walk into the jungle to find the young black boy.


After a while, Eddie past by several survivors. They were all discussing the same thing, who burned the raft. The young boy wanted to talk with Walt. He wanted to understand why he did it. Eddie looked around, but couldn’t find him. Several female survivors came over to check one the little boy but he told them he was fine. Then Eddie heard barking.

The young boy walked deeper into the jungle. He looked into the clearing ahead of him, seeing Walt and his dog Vincent. The small black boy threw his stick into the air, and the dog ran after it. Eddie stood there, watching him. Then Walt finally noticed him. The two boys stood there, staring at each other for what seemed like minutes. Eddie coughed and then asked, “Why did you do it?”

“Do what?” Walt said in ignorance.

“Burn that raft. Why did you do it?”

“Why do you care?” Walt grew angry.

“Because Uncle McKay is a good man and you got him in trouble when you took his lighter. Plus, you rammed my head into a tree. I already don’t like you.”

Walt slowly approached Eddie. The young boy quickly backed away from him. The black boy held up his hands, “I ain’t gonna hurt you.”

“I don’t believe you.” Eddie hissed.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you last night. You don’t understand what is going on.”

“You’re right, I don’t. But I want to cause you got one of my friends in trouble. Why did you burn the raft?” Eddie demanded.

Walt sighed. He continued to stare at the little boy who clearly hated his guts. The young black boy petted Vincent who stood by his side. “I don’t want to leave.” He whispered.

“Huh?” Eddie blinked.

“I don’t want to leave. I like it here.” Walt said, “I didn’t leave the lighter behind on purpose. I dropped it when you tackled me. Your friend getting into trouble is your fault, really.”

Don’t let him shift the blame to you.” Mr. Kangaroo said.

“DON’T BLAME ME!” Eddie screamed, “You’re the one who burned the raft, all because you don’t want to leave?”

Eddie looked at him disgusted. Then it was the little white boy who advanced toward Walt. The black boy quickly backed off as Eddie got closer. “I lost both my parents in the crash,” Eddie hissed, tears forming around his eyes, “I ain’t got nothing left! I wanna leave this stupid island but I can’t cause I ain’t got no place to go! And I guess you never though that other people might want to leave. You can stay; we’ll go.”

“You don’t know me.” Walt retorted back.

“I know a spoiled brat when I see one.” Eddie hissed back.

The young boy then turned around and began walking back toward the jungle. Walt looked at him, then made a dash toward him. Vincent quickly followed, barking. The black boy then stood in front of the white boy. Eddie paused, holding his kangaroo toy tightly. “You gonna hurt me now?” Eddie asked, “You bully.”

“I don’t wanna hurt you,” Walt exclaimed, “I just want to know if you are gonna tell anyone?”

“No,” Eddie said plainly.

“Why? You could get me in trouble instead of your friend.”

“Because it ain’t my lie. It’s yours.” Eddie grunted, “And after a while, you’ll have to tell your dad what you did.”

“No way,” the black boy gritted his teeth.

“You better. Lies don’t work around here.” Eddie started walking around.

Walt turned and looked at him, “What do you mean they don’t work here?”

Eddie looked back at him one last time. “All my friends in my group told secrets about each other to everybody else,” the boy said, “It all made them happy. If you keep this lie and you don’t tell your dad . . .you won’t ever be happy.”

Walt didn’t understand what he meant. Eddie turned around, holding his stuffed toy tightly and walking back toward the beach. He wanted to be with Tony and Marita; he was done being alone. The young black boy watched him disappear into the distance of jungle, already feeling guilty for what he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home