Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Monday, July 18, 2005

Parr 133: All Aboard

John gently placed down some of the cooked boar meat onto the two platters that Yolanda held out. Most all of the survivors were busy eating and chatting. The black stewardess decided to be helpful and bring Micheal and Walt some meat to eat. John made a slight joke he wished she was this “helpful” to him when they first met. Yolanda responded by kicking a little sand in his direction.

The black woman made her way toward the raft building. Micheal was securing one of the long tiers, while Walt brought in some rope and more bamboo. “Micheal!” Yolanda called.

“Hey, “ he smiled, happy to see her.

“I brought some lunch for you and Walt.”

“That’s kind of you.” He said, hoping down from his raft.

She handed him the plate and then Walt came over for his. The young boy smiled at her, graciously accepting the food. Micheal began to scarf it down, hungry from working. He sucked on his water to wash it down and continued to eating. He then paused when he realized he was scarfing it down. Yolanda smiled and gently held out a napkin. “Thank you,” he said, wiping his mouth,” I don’t normally eat like a pig but I . .uh . .”

“Worked up an appetite.” She giggled, “I get it.”

“Anyway, thank you.” He said, shaking her hand.

“No problem,” she then pointed to the raft, “You’re almost done, huh?”

“Almost. Still will take another day or two but after that . .this baby is set to sail.”

“Impressive work.” McKay said behind him.

“Micheal, meet my friend, McKay.” Yolanda smiled.

The two men shook hands gladly. Micheal continued to eat, as the Australian inspected the ship. He checked the lines, making sure they were secure. The black man then pointed, “Hey, hey, what are you doing?”

“Just making sure they were secure,” McKay said innocently, “If you want any help building the rest, I’ll volunteer.”

“Why?” Micheal said, with a glare, “You want on board my raft?”

Yolanda raised an eyebrow about what the black man just said. McKay slowly stood up and faced him. “Actually, I don’t want to get on your raft,” he nearly hissed, “There are two ladies here that are my responsibility and I don’t plan on leaving them. I was just being polite, cause I am good with my hands.”

Micheal looked at him and sighed. “I’m sorry, man,” he said, shaking his hands, “I was being paranoid. I didn’t mean to snap at ya. It’s just . .that . .”

“Just what?” asked McKay.

“Wow, you’re making progress!” Jack laughed, as he joined the group.

“Yeah, trying,” Micheal said, almost pointing out of all the people talking to him.

Jack inspected the ship, commenting on how cool it looked and so far sturdy. Micheal sipped on his water, “Got some bamboo for the decking, and some fuselage for the cabin, some storage bins. What’s up, Jack?”

The doctor turned to face him, “Just wanted to give you a heads up.”

“Yeah?” Micheal asked.

“Yeah, there is a lot of talk about who is going on this raft with you.”

“Well, that was to be expected, I guess,” Yolanda sighed.

“Hey, guys, it ain’t the Queen Mary,” the black man chuckled, “I only got room for four, maybe five people. I mean, one spot is already filled.”

“Who took it?” asked the doctor.

Sawyer then appeared, carrying a load of cable around his shoulder. McKay was surprised to see him again so soon. He walked over and placed the cable onto the raft, “What’s a matter, doc? Feeling left out?”

Jack ignored him and looked back to Micheal, “You’re taking Sawyer with you?”

“Yep, bought myself a ticket on this little tub. Let me tell you, the fare was steep, boy!” Sawyer laughed, pulling up the cable, “ I could've used that cable to hold up the whole east wing of my new beach house.”

“You SOLD him a spot?” asked McKay.

“I needed the halyards for the mast.” Micheal commented.

“Good thing I am saver, not a spending, eh Curley?” the redneck laughed.

Jack just patted the black man on the shoulder and then walked away. Sawyer waved goodbye to him as he left. McKay leaned against the raft, looking at the southern man. “Did you get some boar meat?” he asked.

“I did,” he commented, “Kate was kind enough to bring it to me. Shame she used her carte blanche for those Worchester sauce bottles. I was really looking forward to a massage from Taylor.”

“It seemed you were interested in more in that.” The Australian hissed.

“Curley . .you wound me,” Sawyer smiled, “I am not a bad guy once you get to know me.”

McKay made no other words. He leaned up to let Micheal get back to work. As he past the black man, he looked back at Sawyer then back to him. “Good luck with your raft, Micheal and your passenger,” McKay sighed, “I hope it’s a decision you don’t live to regret.”

Sawyer watched the man leave, curious as if he had just delivered a threat. McKay wiped the sweat off his face, then put his hat back on. As he past by a section of piled debris, he was surprised to see Shanna among them. She pulled up a small trash can, flipped it and then tapped on the bottom, listening to the sound it made. She smiled and then put it down, among other pieces she collected. “Hey, Shanna.” McKay smiled.

“Hey, McKay!” she laughed, “Great boar meat, by the way.”

“Thanks, I am getting better,” he said, pointing at her pile, “What are you doing?”

“Oh, I am collecting parts to build my drum set,” she giggled.

“You play the drums?” he said, surprised.

“Yeah, Seth hooked with Charlie Pace. Did you know he was the guitarist for a band?”

“No, I did not know that. What band?”

“Driveshaft.”

“Never heard of them.” McKay quickly pointed out.

“Oh, I heard of them but I wasn’t familiar with their music. They were mostly popular with college culture.”

“Makes sense,” he smirked.

“Any way, Seth and Charlie wanted to jam but they can’t get a decent sound with just Charlie’s guitar. So Seth asked if I could come up with something similar to drums. Personally I can’t wait to play.”

“I look forward to hearing your performance.”

“Thanks, McKay, “ she said, checking a plastic box, “So, what is Micheal like?”

“Seems like a nice guy,” McKay looked back into the distance to the raft, “Kinda naïve but he can’t be faulted for that.”

“I wonder what is up with him and the Korean woman.” Shanna commented.

“Something is up with him and the oriental woman?” McKay said, not hearing this.

“Yeah, I saw it earlier. The Korean guy was yelling at his wife about something but then Micheal intervened and slapped him. It’s all kinda soap opera like.”
”Sounds like it.”

“The Korean guy is weird. I am dying to get the story on his handcuff on his arm. But it seems to sensitive subject here.”

“Let me know any other cool gossip, Shanna.” McKay said, walking away, “I am surprised Taylor hasn’t gotten into that yet.”

“Her and Mandy are too focused on Boone. They enjoy comparing his butt to yours.”

McKay paused for a second, then chuckled. He smiled, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Women,” he sighed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home