Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pat 474: Preparation

January 22nd, 2010

3: 43 am

Mia slowly opened her eyes. Her arm was sore from keeping her head propped up in the chair. To her right was her daughter Shelley, sleeping soundly away next to Bridgett. Across them in the other bud was Aaron and Brendon. Tanya was resting next to boys in a chair as well. The Lakota leaned up and rubbed her eyes. It had been one of the worst days of her life. Her daughter had been kidnapped and she lost the man she felt was her father. He wasn’t her biological father but he didn’t need to be. She was happy that her daughter got out of harms way but she felt slightly empty that she lost Locke in the process.

Then a warm sense of peace washed over her. Mia gently held her chest and took a deep breath; sighing incredibly. The Lakota woman was blessed with a unique gift; the ability to speak to the dead in dreams. The peace that enveloped her was being to her by her lost friend Brendon; she knew this. She felt it was his own way of promising that she’d see Locke again one day. It was the one thing she knew could keep her going.

Mia then looked at the door to the kids room, as it slowly opened. The light from the hallway gently felt on Shelley’s face, making her moan and turn to her side. Shanna covered her mouth with her hand. “Sorry,” she whispered.

“It’s okay,” Mia whispered back, covering up her daughter with another blanket.

“How are they doing?” the redhead whispered.

“Been a long day.”

“Yeah, it has,” Shanna lowered her head a bit, then raised it up to face her friend, “Mia, the others are discussing this Island, called Isla De Verde. You want to come listen?”

“Yes, I do. Thank you, Shanna.”

Mia stood up and gently tip-toed out of the room. Tanya was still asleep by the boys, so she knew the children would not be alone. The brunette followed Shanna down the steps of Hurley’s giant mansion. The majority of the group was still awake. Joscelyn was busy fixing everybody either coffee or some form of alcoholic beverage. Hurley was with Seth and Charlie, eating ice cream. By the time, she got down the stairs, her husband immediately stood up. “You okay?” he asked.

“I’ve seen better days.” She said, embracing him.

“If you need some time, Mia . .”

“No, John. I’m going to have enough time later.” She said, kissing him on the lips briefly, “What are you guys talking about?”

“The crash of Flight 216 from Conway Airlines,” Tony leaned over, “Eddie is filling us in on what he learned.”

“Yeah, Mia, I’d like you to hear this out because it involves you too.” The young man said, resting near the fireplace.

The Lakota woman sat down next to her husband. Shanna walked by holding too steaming coffee mugs; kindly hanging one to her adoptive sister. Mia blew on the hot coffee and then motioned for the young man to continue. “While I was researching Dharma and after I was captured, I made contact with a superior computer program named Athena. She’s just like Watchman.” Eddie told her.

Mia raised her eyebrows, after sipping some coffee. “She’s . . a sentient program?” she asked.

“Yeah and on this Island, she did the same thing that Watchman did. She regulated the experiments being done. Hell, she even mentioned a creature named the Gorgon.”

“Fascinating,” Sayid said, sipping his tea, “The Gorgon was Medusa in ancient mythology. I wonder if these mad men have created a copy of Medusa itself or is it simply a code for one of them?”

“Who can say, Sayid?” Tony yawned a bit, “What else did you learn, Eddie?”

“Athena got me in communication briefly with a young girl. She looked about my age. Her name was Stacy. Apparently she had been pretty distraught but as Watchman communicated with us, Athena communicated with him. She established a remote viewing link so Stacy could see me. She held up a sign and asked if I could help her.”

“What did you say?” McKay asked.

“I gave her a thumbs up. I said, Yes, Uncle McKay.”

“That’s fine, Eddie.” The one-eyed doctor said, before turning to look at Desmond, “It’s safe to assume we’re going to that Island to retrieve Sebastian anyway.”

“Thank you.” The Scotsman sighed.

“One more adventure?” the Australian smirked, “I reckon we got one more in us.”

“You maybe, “ Sawyer commented, sipping on whisky, “Not me.”

“It’s fine, Sawyer. I doubt we’ll all be going.”

“I’m in.” Eddie said immediately.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Tony said, leaning up, “Eddie, there is no reason for you to go to this Island. Not to mention, you are still in school.”

“Tony, please there are many reasons why I need to go, “ the young man said, standing up, “First off, Sebastian is my friend. I know he’d do the same for me if our positions are reversed. Second off, there is this Stacy girl. I gave her my word I would help her. I did give anybody else’s but MINE.”

Tony stared at him. He felt a sense of fatherly pride in his conviction to stay true to his word. Clearly, he raised him well. “Please, Tony,” he whispered, “I have to do this.”

The one-eyed doctor smiled, “Okay, Eddie. You’ve convinced me. However, you have to convince your mother, agreed?”

The young man shook his head. “Yeah, that makes sense.” He agreed.

“Very well.”

“Mia has to go too, John.” Eddie pointed.

“What?” he raised his head, “Why the hell does Mia HAVE to go?”

“Because she has the most experience with Watchman, and as a result, Athena concludes that makes her the expert.”

“Why does Athena want to talk to me?” the Lakota piped in.

“Because she’s just like Watchman, Mia,” the young man faced her, “ She’s lonely. She’s in doubt. Everybody in a point to in their lives, look up toward a father figure, or God, or whatever thing they belief in and they ask the questions why am I here? What is my purpose? . .Well, Athena has asked that question. And she believes you are the only one who can answer it, Mia.”

Mia then felt a sense of deja-vu in what Eddie was saying. She was thinking about her special dream where all her past friends came to see her. Then she remembered the part where she talked to her grandmother and she showed her a woman wearing a Roman helmet; dressed in the garb of the period. She then reminded her of the statement she always said. “Wisdom I will find alone.” She whispered.

“What, Mia?” John looked at her.

“Athena . . .. .is the goddess of Wisdom, isn’t she?” she asked.

“Yes,” Sayid answered.

“Then that means I have to go.”

“Are you sure about this, Mia?” her archer husband replied.

Mia looked at him, causing a brief tear to appear under her eyelashes. She quickly wiped it away and sniffed. “It’s what Locke would have wanted me to do.” She sighed.

John said nothing. He merely placed his arm around her and shook his head; a silent way of saying he understood. McKay then leaned up and picked up the laminated map. He held it up and took another look at it. “Can you find the way, McKay?” asked Tony.

“It’s not the finding that bothers me, Tony.” The Australian answered, “It’s these strange coordinates.”

“What’s strange about them?”

“According to this directional, I have to head North, then when I reach a certain milege, then proceed west on a vector of 325 degree heading. That makes absolutely no sense, considering we can proceed on a 131 angle, then head directly there.”

“Whatever you think will work best.”

“Hey, guys, I found them.” Claire mention, over at the lap top in the living room.

Jack slowly got up and walked over. Tony joined him, as did McKay, Sawyer and Mia. The blonde Australian pulled up a website that showed the listing of the passengers of Flight 216. The website seemed to be devoted to the prayers that they were alive, even calling itself, Candlelightvigil216.com . “The Blanchard family is keeping this website up and running,” Claire pointed out, “ Apparently, their youngest boy Wesley was on the plane.”

“How many passengers?” asked Jack.

“Just shy of 75.”

“Does it list them all?” Tony leaned in.

“Seems like it lists everybody but the crew of the plane.” Claire pointed out, “ Shaun Massey, Tabitha Lamb, Krista Gaines, James Roachowski, Barbara LeCroy, David Shaw, William Bunker, and the list goes on and on.”

“Nobody I recognize.” Jack muttered.

“You were expecting to know someone?” Sawyer raised his eyebrows.

“Fate, Sawyer.” Mia smiled.

“You both can take your fate and shove it.” The redneck coughed, “I ain’t going to no crazy Island again.”

“Oh, come one, Sawyer,” Kate gently kicked him in the leg, “Don’t you want one more adventure before you become an old man?”

“I am an old man, Freckles and the answer is no,” the southern man grunted as he slumped into the couch next to Claire, “ I got no problems standing by all of ya’ll when the going gets tough but rescuing people I don’t even know? I ain’t into that anymore. No offense, Scotty.”

“None taken. He’s my son and my responsibility.” Desmond sighed, then looked to the others, “ I’ll accept any offer of help ye provide of your own accord but I’ll expect none of it from any of you . . .nor hate ye any less.”

“You and Isabella are one of us, Desmond.” Jack smiled, “We’re all survivors. We help each other when we can.”

“We’re going to need a boat.” McKay mentioned.

“Sure thing.” Hurley piped in with a mouth full of ice cream.

“We’ll need something for long range transport, not to mention be able to house all those people.”

“We could probably go for a yacht again.” John said, “ I mean, let’s be realistic. We have no idea how many of those people are still alive. And since we got to make room for them, no reason ALL of us should go.”

“In fact, who will insure that YOU make it safely back?” Sayid mentioned.

McKay looked over to Jin, who gave a thumbs up. The Korean, like the Australian, was fully capable of piloting a boat. It was a good idea. They were about to risk their lives to bring home Sebastian and a large group of people they had never met before. It would be nice to have a back up plan because they had to leave room for the unknown. They all silently agreed, that was definitely where they were heading. “I think we’re gonna need two boats.” The Australian looked at Hurley.

Hurley waved them off, signaling it would be no problem. Jack then looked at all his friends. “No lottery will be needed this time.” He smirked, “Whoever goes and stays is strictly on a volunteer basis.”

“I’m in, and so is Izzy.” Desmond said.

McKay then turned to his wife, as she rested on a nearby couch. “Taylor?” he asked, “Are you okay with me going?”

“Of course, baby,” she said, gently taking his hand, “This is what you do. You’re a hero.”

McKay kneeled down and kissed her. The fact that she would so easily approve him leaving her meant their relationship was even stronger. She gently stroked his stubbled cheek as she looked up at him. “Promise me, you’ll keep these people safe and you’ll be home before our baby is born.” She whispered.

“I promise,” he smiled down on her.

Alexander then stood up and walked over to his mention. The bald man stood up and looked at him. “Father, I would love nothing better than to return to the jungle with you,” he whispered, “But I think . . .perhaps it would be best, if I stay . . and keep Mandy, Bridgett, . .and Taylor safe.”

McKay smiled at him and then embraced him; patting him on the back. “I’m proud of you, boy,” he laughed, “That’s the most mature thing you’ve ever said to me.”

Tony smiled at the show of affection. As he had adopted Eddie, McKay had down the same thing with Alexander. He then felt two smooth hands caress his arm. He turned to look at his loving wife staring up at him. “Go with them, Tony,” she smiled with pride.

“You sure, Rita?” he asked, facing her.

“You should go. They may need a doctor, not to mention if Barbara approves of Eddie going . . . .I’d feel much better if you were there to keep him out of trouble.”

“Don’t you mean the opposite of that?” Eddie jokingly pointed toward his father figure.

Marita laughed as she hugged the young man and her husband at the same time. John then looked at his friends, then turned to face his wife. Mia smiled at him, gently rubbing his arms. “You know I ain’t letting you go without me.” He said, more like a statement than a question.

“Of course.” She smirked.

“As much as I’d like to go with you guys, I can’t.” Seth replied, “Turboshaft is on the rise and if we stop that for ever a month, it might hurt our chances to rise to the top. I’m sorry.”

“There is no reason to apologize, Seth. You are correct, Turboshaft is your life now. You don’t need to go off to some Island, risking it all.” The Lakota then turned to the redhead by her side, “Besides . . . .I couldn’t think of a better person to watch my daughter while I am away.”

Shanna raised her eyes at the kindest statement she’s heard her whole life. The redhead then embraced her adoptive sister, kissing her on the cheek. “Will you keep an eye on Shelley for me?” Mia asked.

“Two eyes.” Shanna giggled, “As often as I can spare them.”

“Speaking of kids, I better check on Aaron.” Claire said, getting away from the computer.

As Claire moved away, Sawyer looked at the computer screen again. He then stepped up and sat down in her spot, browsing through the names to satisfy his own curiosity. Chance yawned and then leaned up, massaging his wounded leg. “You going, Hal?” he asked.

“I don’t think I could get the leave in time.” The cop admitted.

“I could.” Jenny smiled.

“Jenny, are you serious?” Jack said, leaning down to look at her, “I mean, after everything you’ve gone through . . .”

“That’s the whole point, big brother.” The cop sighed, “I was tortured for knowledge for Raven. And this Island is an aspect of those people. I need . . . .I need to help these people so the same thing that happened to me wouldn’t happen to them.”

The doctor shook his head. It was a semi-decent reason. Maybe Jenny needed to get away, maybe she needed an adventure; he didn’t know. However, the doctor was determined that she wouldn’t go alone. “Then make sure you take your guardian angel with you.” He pointed to Raven.

“I’ll keep her safe.” The cyborg promised.

“I’m in too.” Chance piped in.

His wife Arizona leaned up from where she was resting next to Libby. The woman removed her blanket and looked at her husband. “We’re really going to this Island, Chance?” she asked.

“I said, I was going, baby. Not US.” He said, in all seriousness.

“Excuse me?” she scoffed, in likewise seriousness.

“Hear me out,” he said, taking her hand, “You need to stay with Hal and Libby. You’re gonna need their help.”

“Help with what?”

“Finding us a place to live.”

The Texan’s eyes went wide and despite what they were going through, she felt the happiest in a long time. She felt she had more of a connection with the survivors of Flight 815 than anyone but Chance was relunctant to leave Texas. It would seem he finally buckled and gave in to the same belief. Good things happen when they are all together. The woman leaped over and embraced her husband. Chance laughed as he kissed her. “If you are going to live here, then you get to host Superbowl.” Hal joked.

“Can do, cappy.” the gunslinger laughed.

“Sayid, may I please go with them?” Andra said, stepping up.

“Why, my dear?” the Iraqi asked.

“Perhaps the experiments are going on this Island as well. Perhaps the Black and Red project is happening too. I can help with that.”

“You are a grown woman, Andra. You can make your own decisions. Do you want to do this?”

“I do.”

“Your mother would be proud of you.” Shannon rubbed her back, then embraced her.

“Well, then I guess that’s it. Sayid, you can lead the second group in case we don’t make it back in time to-“ McKay tried to say.

“I’m in!” Sawyer abruptly said.

The group stopped their conversation and looked at the redneck. He smiled briefly and shrugged his shoulders. “I changed my mind, I’m in.” he admitted.

“Great.” McKay laughed a bit.

“What the sudden change in heart, brother?” Desmond asked.

“Oh, it’s . . .uh . . . like Curley said, I think we got one more adventure left in us.”

Desmond was confused but he knew Sawyer could handle himself in a fight and therefore, he would be useful to have. “Bloodly lovely then,” he said, shaking his hand, “Welcome aboard.”

The group then started to break up. It was had a rough day and they were well into the morning of the next day. They had to get prepped for their trip to Isla De Verde. Hurley had to buy them two ships which he assured would not be a problem. He even laughed a bit saying that since the purchase of these ships would lead to the rescue of the survivors of flight 216, then he’ll probably make money off it; thanks to his reverse curse. Jack vowed to Tony that he would be on the second boat, ready to come after them at a moment’s notice. Jin also mentioned he wouldn’t have any problem piloting the other ship. McKay vowed to make a copy of the map before he left.

Everybody slowly migrated into the kitchen except Kate. The brunette slowly strode over to the redneck sitting in the chair next to the computer. Sawyer was looking at the names in list and then felt her looking at him. “Something on your mind, Freckles?” he asked.

“Why did you REALLY change your mind, Sawyer?” she asked.

“I told you. I ain’t in the grave yet. I can be of help to the guys, honestly.”

“Don’t play with me.” She said, gently kicking his boot, “ I know you better than most. When you told Desmond that you were just looking for one more adventure, I thought I heard something familiar.”

“Like what?” he asked.

“The old Sawyer. The con-man Sawyer. In the old days when your mouth dripped honey, the bees would die of poison.”

“I’m flattered, Sassafras but it’s like I told you. McKay is my friend, as is Cochise and Robin Hood. What kind of a man would I be if I didn’t stick by them?”

Kate smirked and gently ran her finger down his chest. She shook her head in agreement, then proceeded to walk down the kitchen. She momentarily disappeared but then quickly reappeared, sticking her head back from behind the hallway wall. “I’m glad you are sticking by your friends, Sawyer,” she smiled, “But . . . .I STILL don’t believe you. You’re hiding something.”

“WOULD YOU . . .just go on!” the redneck waved her off.

Kate finally left the redneck alone in the living room. Sawyer rubbed his mouth, then his stubbled chin. Kate was right; he was hiding something. However, it was one thing that Sawyer never expected to come back into his life. He had left this part of his past a long time ago. He wasn’t about to admit to Mia and the others about things like “fate”. He didn’t believe in them but Locke once said, it believes in you. And now his life had come full circle. Sawyer turned around and stared at the list of the survivors of flight 216. He kept his eyes on the name at the bottom; a name he’d never thought he’d see again.

Clementine Phillips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home