Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Part 370: The Lucky One and the Not-Lucky One

It was more than slightly overwhelming for Joscelyn. She was once a timid young abused girl who came from London but now she was faced with massive attention; attention she was not used to. Thanks to a special gift of his Good Luck Field, Hurley bought her a winning lottery ticket and then after taxes, she was 42 million dollars richer.

The lottery corporation proudly presented the check toward her. She couldn’t stop giggling. Derek, Paige and Hurley were with her on stage at the massive hotel. Local and global reporters were there taking pictures. She was scheduled to do an interview later. Joscelyn calmly walked up to the podium and took a deep breath. “Oh, my goodness,” she laughed, “I think I am about to faint.”

The reporters laughed as they continued to take pictures. Someone in the back screamed how did it feel to be a millionaire? “I . .uh . .I never thought it would happen,” she smiled, “But it has. And now I guess . . .I’m going to try and do good things with my money. Like buy my family a wonderful home. And make my boyfriend very happy.”

Another reporter asked if it was coincidence that her boyfriend was also a multi-millionaire. “No, it’s fate,” she laughed.

She then walked away from the podium as the owner of the corporation to verify that the computers were accurate and no tampering was involved. Like Joscelyn had said, it was a great coincidence and possibly even fate that she would become a millionaire like her boyfriend.


Backstage, Lily was jumping up and down that they were rich. Paige told her to behave as she picked up her sleeping baby Connie. Derek laughed at all the champagne and treats they had for them backstage. Joscelyn smelled of all the pretty flowers that were given to her by the corporation. She then turned around and looked at Hurley. The large man smiled down at her as she gently wrapped her arms around his neck. “You knew this would happen.” She said, smiling, “You knew.”

“I suspected.” He grinned.

“You knew I had some guilt taking your money so you supplied me with me own.”

“Yeah . .kinda.” he grinned further still.

Joscelyn gently stroked his hair and then kissed him softly on the lips. Derek raised an eyebrow told his wife and she just grinned. She was extremely happy to see her sister happy, after all she had suffered. As the young couple parted, she stared up at her boyfriend, holding onto him. “Like you, Hurley, I plan on doing good things with my money,” she smiled.

“WE’LL do good things, Joe,” he said.

“Are you saying you’ll stay by my side, Hugo?” she giggled.

Hurley gently kissed her again and stared deeply into her eyes. “Always.” He replied.


London
a few weeks later

Thomas Moore coughed when he exited the pub and walked down the street. He calmly pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. He felt the typical pain in the back of his forehead from a night’s worth of drinking. Rarely was he able to get through a day without making some effort to consume liquor. He headed down to the local stand to get his daily paper. “Hey, Tommy-boy!” the old man laughed.

“Hey, Shred,” he coughed, “How’s things?”

“I can’t complain. And if I did, who would listen?”

“You got that right,” Thomas smirked, “How about a pack of Red Apples and a latest Sun for me?”

“Sure thing,” he said, getting the articles, “6 pound, two quib”.”

Thomas then gave him the European money and then took the items. He then paused when he noticed another magazine. It was showing a bright young girl in America who had just won a lottery. The reason it was being reported was the fact that the girl was from London originally and she was one of the survivors of the famous Flight 815.

Thomas’s eyes burned with hatred as he recognized her to be his daughter Joscelyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home