Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

Part 339: Day 81

Seth gently opened his eyes and he was amazed about how much effort that took. He was surrounded by empty beds, in an infirmary. His memory was fuzzy but he was certain he remembered being carried from the Butterfly Rogue into a bigger boat, like a navy vessel. He wondered where his friends might be and why the lights were so dim. Then he felt a strong hand slide into his and grip it. He slowly turned to see the familiar face that had come to pay him a visit. “Hey, man,” Seth smiled.

“Hello.” Brendon returned the smile.

“You come to take me home, Brendon? Home to Blue Bayou?”

“No, Seth,” the Asian man leaned forward, “I had to stop by to let you know something.”

“What’s that?” the musician tried to open his eyes.

“Mia was half right. If you died on both of them, I wouldn’t kick your butt for eternity. However, I would spend the first hundred years doing it.”

Seth chuckled at his friend’s comments. He missed him severely. Brendon just smiled as he held onto him. Seth turned back to his friend. “Why are you here, man?” he asked.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay. And you are.”

“I don’t get to go with you?”

“Ain’t your time, brother.” The Asian man smiled.

“Hey, Brendon . . when my time comes . . .you . . you . .you be the one to come get me, okay?”

“When the time comes, I’ll lead you all home.” Brendon promised.

Seth looked at him, knowing full well he was talking about Mia and Shanna. The Asian man laughed slightly and looked back at his friend. “But I don’t want you to come see me in any hurry, okay?” he laughed.

“Okay, bro.” Seth smiled.

Brendon leaned closer and wiped the sweat coming off of Seth’s head. The musician stared at his friend, allowing tears to slowly form in his eyes. “We had no time, Brendon.” He whimpered.

“We had all the time we were allowed, Seth. It’s the way of things. I’m happy to have grown close to all of you.”

“We would have . . .we have been such good friends in the real world. It’s not fair.”

“No, it isn’t. But the balance much be maintained. It was my time that night and I have no regrets. Just promise me one thing, Seth.”

“Anything, man. Anything.”

Brendon leaned closer. “You live life, Seth,” he said, with a slight tear coming down his eye, “You live life to the fullest. You marry Tanya. You will have beautiful children with her. And make sure Mia and Shanna are always by your side. Promise me that?”

“I promise.”

Brendon slowly let go of his hand, gently patting him on the arm. “Then my work here is done.” He sighed, “It’s time for me to return to my ancestors.”

“Wait, “ Seth tried to lean up, “I won’t . .I won’t see you again?”

“No, you won’t, Seth.” He said, “But I’ll be there when you need me.”

Seth looked at his friend as he started to walk away. He didn’t like what the fates had degreed. He wanted Brendon to be alive, he wanted to bring him home to California. He had no family left but the musician was fully prepared to be his family. Brendon paused for a second and then tucked his hands inside his jean pockets. He turned to look back to Seth. “When life is overwhelming you, Seth,” he whispered, “And you fill your heart glow with peace . . .that will be me.”

Seth shook his head in agreement. He struggled and managed to sit up on his bed. “You’ll keep on eye on us?” he asked.

“I’ll keep both.” Brendon smiled as he walked out the door.

Seth took a deep breath, and then looked back up. When he did, much to his amazement, Shanna and Mia walked into the infirmary through the same door his ghost friend just left in. The two girls walked up him, as he all could do is smile. The Lakota girl then felt of his forehead. “All right, Seth,” she laughed, “Your fever broke.”

“Yeah, I guess . . .I had a little help from on high.” He grinned.

“I am so happy you are okay.” Shanna hugged him.

“Oh, man, you smell great,” the musician joked as he buried his face in her soft red hair, making her laugh.

“Seth, we’ve come to tell you, we’re bringing everybody off the Island now.” Mia smiled.

“That’s great,” he coughed, “By the way, where are we?”

The girls laughed momentarily. “Wait, you don’t remember?” she asked.

“I am pretty sure I was half dead when I was brought here, so NO, I don’t remember, Mia.” Seth said sarcastically.

“He’s back, all right.” Shanna laughed.

“You’re aboard the USS Montana. We’ve been rescued by a navy vessel. And now we’re going to get on one of their big helicopters and fly out to get our friends.”

“Oh, is that all?” Seth laughed, “Well, on that note, can one of these navy nurses get me some juice or something? I am dying of thirst.”

Then almost if on cue a nurse walked into the room, checking on Seth. The musician blinked, not expecting it to be a female. Shanna and Mia giggled as they left to let the nurse do her business with her patient. As they left the room, they even over heard Seth asking her if she was truly in the Navy. “Something tells me, he’s in good hands, “ Mia laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home