Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Friday, February 24, 2006

Part 331: Day 77

from Guest writer Igne


Joscelyn woke up, still a little drowsy from a good night’s sleep. She looked beside her, but surprisingly enough, Hurley wasn’t there. Alexander was still there, watching TV again. Spiderman 2, again. It seemed the boy couldn’t get enough of it, the brunette thought. She smiled and went off to search Hurley.

When she found her friend, he was on deck, looking out over the ocean. He seemed to be deep in thought.

“What are you thinking about Hurley,” Joscelyn suddenly asked.

The large man looked behind him and saw his favorite girl smiling at him, so he smiled back.

“I was thinking about what I should do when I get home,” Hurley confessed, making Joscelyn think about the same thing. Only she had to think about what her home was. Was it in London with her mom and dad, or in LA with Paige, Derek and little Lilly? She didn’t know.

“Or are you thinking about what you are going to eat first,” the girl said teasingly, making Hurley smile. Usually it was Hurley making her smile, Joscelyn thought.

“That too,” the man said, “But what are you going to do when you get home?”

Home sweet home, she thought. That probably would be Los Angeles. Paige would be worried out of her mind. She was the protective kind of sister, probably because she was the older one. Or maybe because it was just in her character to do so.

“I want to call my sister first,” Joscelyn said. “She’ll be worried. Derek was supposed to pick me up at the airport about 2 months ago. They must have been really worried when I didn’t show up. Especially when I still wasn’t there after a few days. Maybe they think I’m still in England, with my dad. Paige will be worried anyway.”

She thought of her sister again, then of her brother-in-law. She thought about little Lilly, who’s nanny she was going to be. But that was before the plane crash. Before she lived in that bunker for so long, with many nice people. Ana, Libby, Karleigh, Kellye, Jilly, Barbara, and that nice guy Bobby. Clay and the people from the Liberation were the only bad thing there. It was not a good experience, but Joscelyn met great people. In the bunker, and after that. She met Hurley.

“Earth to Joscelyn,” Hurley said, smiling. “Where were you?”

Joscelyn blushed, and then smiled at Hurley. She was so deep in thought, she almost forget he was standing almost next to her.

“I was thinking,” she said. “About the nice people I met on the island. I never thought that would happen when I got on the plane. Nobody expected it to crash. And when it did, everyone was scared at first. Then everyone started bonding. I’ve seen it happen in the bunker, and I bet it happened in your group too Hurley.”

The young girl looked at her friend, as he started smiling at her. Joscelyn couldn’t hide a blush. She really liked Hurley. Really, really liked him.

“It happened to everyone,” Hurley said. “I thought this island was cursed. But then, I met so much wonderful people. I met Charlie and Seth. And I met you.”

This comment made Joscelyn blush once more. She knew Hurley liked her, but every time he said something about it, it still made her blush, and she got very giggly.

“Thank you Hurley,” she said. “I’m really glad I met you too.”

When he blushed a little too, Joscelyn stepped closer to him. She gave Hurley a little kiss on his cheek, which made him smile and blush even more.

“What is this,” a voice said. “The friggin’ Love Boat?”

Joscelyn looked behind her, at who said that. It was Sawyer, the loud but sometimes funny redneck. She didn’t know him all that well, but Hurley did, and always told her Sawyer was rude most of the time, until he suddenly started to change. Hurley told her about the nicknames almost everyone had, including his own nicknames, Lardo being used the most.

“Hello Sawyer,” Hurley said, clearly not too happy to see him. “Joe, if you don’t mind, I’m going to talk to Alexander. He has been wanting me to tell him a bit more about the real world for a while now. These movies are going to his head, if you ask me.”

That made Joscelyn giggle. She knew that Alexander was getting pretty obsessed over his movies. He had been watching TV a lot. Mostly it was either Star Wars or Spiderman.

“Sure Hurley,” she said. “You go and tell him. It’s all okay with me. I think he would really like it. And I’m sure Sawyer wouldn’t mind me staying here.”

At least, Joscelyn hoped the redneck wouldn’t mind. She didn’t know how he would react, because she really didn’t know him at all. But behind the tough guy act, he could be a really nice guy. She didn’t know, but she wanted to know.

“I don’t mind,” Sawyer said. “Nothin’ better than the company of a beautiful woman.”

Joscelyn blushed again. Sawyer sure could do flattery. She didn’t know what he did in the real world, but she was sure he would have all the women wrapped around his finger.

“Thank you Sawyer,” Joscelyn responded. “I am truly flattered. But you should save the flirting for the other women. Natasha, or maybe Kate.”

She saw the flinch when she said Kate’s name, and didn’t knew why. Maybe he was frustrated with what was happening between Jack and Kate, a thing Joscelyn saw a while ago, and what was clear to see at the Spin the Bottle game, which she and Hurley also played. She looked at Hurley, who was leaving, to go and talk to Alexander.

“Things okay with you and Biggie,” Sawyer suddenly asked, surprising Joscelyn with the question. She didn’t thought he was the kind of guy to ask about things like that, to care about things like that. Maybe she had been wrong in judging him so soon.

“We’re good,” Joscelyn said, smiling at the thought of Hurley. “And you Sawyer? You’re with someone? I’m sorry that I don’t know. It’s just, I haven’t talked to you a lot before.”

And amazingly enough, Sawyer smiled at her. Not with a flirtatious smile, just with a nice open smile. It made Joscelyn think about him.

“That doesn’t matter sweets,” the redneck said. “I’m not with some girl. It’s just me, myself and I here. It’s good to know we might get home soon, though.”

Joscelyn smiled, thinking about her family again. She hoped Sawyer had someone to return to when they got back to the ‘real’ world.

“That is good indeed,” she said, looking at the redneck. “Do you have someone to get back to, Sawyer? Family, friends maybe?”

The hurt look in his eyes told Joscelyn enough. She sure was asking all the wrong questions, she thought. She didn’t want to hurt this guy; she had a feeling he had already been hurt more than enough.

“I don’t have anyone to get back to,” Sawyer said.

“I’m sorry,” Joscelyn responded. “I know what it is to be lonely.”

That made Sawyer look at her in surprise. He obviously thought she was nothing like him, never lonely or unhappy. She almost wanted to be sarcastic.

“You have daddy issues too, JoJo,” Sawyer asked.

“Yeah,” she admitted, speaking softly, almost whispering the word. She had daddy issues, and if she presumed right, Sawyer had issues with his parents or father too.

“Well, you sure ain’t the only one darlin’,” the redneck responded, making Joscelyn smile slightly. That accent of his made her giggle. If Sawyer ever flirted with her, she would only giggle though. She wouldn’t trade Hurley for the world.

“You know what Sawyer,” Joscelyn, or ‘JoJo’, which apparently was her new nickname, said to him. “I never thought you were such a good person to talk too.”

When she looked at him, she swore she could see him hiding a blush. That made her really start giggling. He was blushing, how cute! Where was the camera when you needed it the most, she thought and giggled again.

“Thanks for the compliment darlin’,” Sawyer then said. “I like you too. I can see what he sees in you, JoJo.”

Hurley told her Sawyer had been quite a jackass when he met him first, but Joscelyn hoped he changed. He seemed like a nice person, and she hoped they could be friends.

“You want to be friends JaJa,” Joscelyn asked him.

“JaJa,” Sawyer responded, clearly wondering where the hell that came from. It made her giggle once again. The nickname JaJa, well, it was just a thought. A silly idea.

“I don’t know your name,” she explained, “but the first thing I heard about you was that you were a complete jackass. And, it sounds cool with JoJo.”

When she heard him laugh out loud, she looked at him, surprised. He was clearly enjoying the nickname, and that was her sign to continue with it. He wasn’t going to be so happy with it anymore when the rest of the people on the boat heard it.

“It even fits with my name,” Sawyer managed to squeeze out between his laughter; “you sure are something JoJo. It sounds good though. JoJo and JaJa, off to conquer the world.”

And with that, he started laughing again. This time, Joscelyn joined him. Okay, it sounded silly, she thought, but she liked it. At least Sawyer could laugh about it.

“Sure JaJa,” JoJo said. “You know what; I’m going back to Hurley.”

The redneck smiled at her, and Joscelyn smiled back at him. She was happy to have made a new friend in Sawyer. Well, in JaJa, she giggled.

“Don’t be a stranger JoJo,” Sawyer responded, making Joscelyn smile again.

“I won’t JaJa,” she said to him, “I’m your friend now. I won’t forget.”

As simple as that, the newfound friends smiled at each other. Joscelyn walked up to Sawyer, a little awkwardly, and gave him a hug, which he gladly accepted.

“I knew you had a thing for me JoJo,” Sawyer said, smiling a devilish, sexy grin, making Joscelyn giggle again. Sawyer sure was something, she thought.

“Shut up JaJa,” she said, and smacked his arm. “I’m going back to Hurley now. I’ll leave you here to think. If you are able to think, that is.”

Looking at the redneck, who was smiling at her, Joscelyn realized how much of a blessing the island truly was. People bonded, either as friends, family or more. And some people, like the infamous jackass Sawyer, they changed. Mostly, they changed for the better.

“Thanks for the talk JoJo,” Sawyer called to her as she left, still smiling at the new friend he just made. He didn’t know what was going to happen when everyone got back to the ‘real’ world, but he would most certainly remember the island and the people on it. The people who he befriended. McKay, his slowly forming friendship with Jack, and all of the girls. Natasha, Kate, Shanna, and now this girl, Joscelyn. The first three girls, he liked them in a different way, though he knew Kate liked Jack and Seth too. But he shouldn’t think about that. Sawyer was glad he made friends on Craphole Island.
--
When Joscelyn was on her way to Hurley, she decided to check on Kellye first. She wanted to see how her friend was doing. She knew how much the soldier girl wanted to get home safely.

“Is that you Joe,” she heard Kellye saying, sounding if she just woke up, still a bit sleepy.

“Yeah, it’s me Kellye,” Joscelyn responded, “I came to check on you before I go back to Hurley. I was talking to Sawyer for a while.”

It was a bit dark in the room Kellye was in, so Joscelyn couldn’t see much of her friend. She knew Kellye would be a little bit shocked about the talking to Sawyer thing. Kellye didn’t know him all that well, and she didn’t trust him either.

“You were talking to that jackass redneck,” Kellye asked.

“He’s actually really nice,” Joscelyn said. “We are friends now. I even gave him a nickname. I don’t think he would like it if anyone knows, but I will tell you anyway. He started calling me JoJo, so I call him JaJa; coming from jackass.”

Kellye started giggling a little at that name. Sawyer would hate it if she called him that, or at least, he would pretend to hate it. She loved it.

“Good one Joe,” Kellye said. “But now I really want to sleep again.”

Joscelyn looked at her friend, who was already asleep, as soon as she stopped talking. She giggled and left the room, going back to search Hurley, who was probably still talking to Alexander about something.

“I like Mandy,” was the first thing she heard when she got back. It was Alexander’s voice who said it, with still a bit of a French accent audible in it.

“Hello Alexander,” Joscelyn said, “hi Hurley. I was done talking to Sawyer, so I thought I would go back here and talk to you guys.”

The guys looked up at her in surprise, clearly not knowing she was there, and wondering how much she had heard. The movie wasn’t playing anymore; it was stopped at the fight between Spiderman and Doc Ock on the tower. Joscelyn was really surprised Alexander wasn’t watching anymore. She smiled, looking at the guys again.

“Hello Joscelyn,” Alexander said, trying to pronounce the name right. “Hurley just said he likes you. That he really likes you. He hopes you like him back.”

This comment made Hurley turn beet red, and Joscelyn started giggling. The wild boy was just starting to get used to some things. He was naïve in one way, but really grown up and mature in an other way. He didn’t know much about relationships though.

“I knew that,” Joscelyn said, “I know Hurley really likes me. And Hurley knows I really like him. At least, I hope he knows.”

She looked at Hurley, and smiled at the large man, who was still looking a bit red and smiled at her in return. Joscelyn hoped this would make sure she liked him. Hurley knew, but it felt like he couldn’t believe it at times.

“Thanks Joscelyn,” Hurley said. “How were things with Sawyer?”

Was he asking about that because he was jealous, or was it because he was genuinely concerned about Sawyer’s wellbeing? Joscelyn didn’t know why he asked, but she was really glad he asked it.

“We’re friends,” Joscelyn simply exclaimed. “We even have nicknames for each other. I am JoJo and Sawyer is JaJa. From jackass, or whatever his name may be.”

Hurley started laughing, and so did Alexander, even though he didn’t quite seem to get what was so funny about it. Joscelyn smiled.

“His name is James by the way,” Hurley said. “Dude, that nickname is cool.”

Joscelyn giggled yet again. Hurley could always make her smiled. She made such great friends on the island. Her ‘old’ friend Kellye; Hurley, who she really liked; and now her ‘new’ friend Sawyer. She wouldn’t trade this experience for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home