Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Part 217: Prepare

Kristy immediately saw them bring the lifeless body of Martin and she ran to him. She collapsed onto his chest and cried for him. McKay lifted his head up, and wiped his face. He didn’t like losing Martin; he was certain he would lose no one else. Sayid looked to him and no words were exchanged. They immediately began to walk into the caves.

Seth slowly kneeled down and placed his hand on the back Kristy. The brown haired model leaned up and embraced him. “Oh, God, Marty,” she wept.

“I am sorry, Kristy,” he held onto her.

Charlie, Shanna, Claire and Flower joined them. The Australian woman abruptly collapsed on her knees crying. She gently stroked Martin’s forehead. Charlie sniffed, rubbing the tears out of his eyes. “I didn’t know him that well, “ he whispered, “But he was an all right fella.”

“I lost him,” Kristy whimpered, “Just like . . .I lost Jenny,”

“Something tells me that Jenny is not down for the count yet,” Seth assured her.

“Then where is she?” the model asked.

“We don’t know . .but we’ll find her.”

“Who shot him?” asked Shanna.

“A lowlife by the last name of Aaron,” the bookstore worker grunted, “When we go get our friends from them, I’ll make sure Aaron pays for what he has done. Martin . . . he didn’t deserve to die like that.”

“Let’s get something to cover him up,” Charlie whispered, “And try to figure out what Sayid and McKay have in mind to rescue the others.”


Inside the cave, Sayid walked over the new arrivals. Eddie sat down, looking at his mother. They were drinking water heavily. Jilly was eating a mango with delight as she was starving. Kellye gently sipped on the water; feeling guilty for leaving the girl named Jenny behind. She clearly could protect herself and Kellye had been wasted from the night running they were doing. She vowed to go back in case anything went wrong. Sayid kneeled in front of Barbara. “Hello, madame,” he whispered, “I do not mean to interrupt your rest, I understand your ordeal that you went through but our friends were held captive by someone. Can you give us any information about that?”

“You mean Tony and the others?” the older redhead whispered.

“Are they okay?” asked McKay.

“They were . . .but that was before our escape. I don’t know if the Liberation would do anything to them for my son rescuing us.”

“They better not!” Eddie grunted.

“Who is the Liberation?” asked Sayid.

“A group of mercenaries,” Kellye whispered, “They are run by a man named Colonel Fender and their second is a man named Belmont. There are roughly 40 or so men and about ten plus women. They are well armed, well trained and they have been living on and off again on this Island for the past twenty years.”

Sayid stood up and crossed his arms. “You are military?” he asked.

The young girl looked at him. “How did you know that?”

“Only a soldier could have picked up such details and been so precise.” The Iraqi smiled, “Is it a pleasure to have you aboard.”

“Did you guys see my boy?” asked Micheal.

“I didn’t see Walt, Mr. Micheal,” Eddie said, “But I think he is okay.”

“Thanks, Eddie,” the black man turned around.

Yolanda gently placed both her hands on his cheeks, making him look at her. “He is alive, “ she whispered, “I know it.”

Sayid then took a large piece of paper and a pencil, then handed it to Kellye. “Please, can you give me a layout of their place. No small detail is insignificant.” He asked her.

The girl soldier took one more gulp of her water and then began to draw the Outpost. She gave them locations of the holding bunker, the cabin of Belmont, what she believed to be the weapons depot, and the hanging tree. Jilly made sure to include the pit where Alexander was being held captive. “Alexander?” Andre piped up.

“They are holding the leader of Red Faction in a pit.” McKay mentioned.

“Those stories you told me of that boy, “ Sayid smirked, “Is he as strong as you claim?”

“Very. He made impossible leaps and looked like he could take six grown men,” the Australian replied.

“Then he will have to be freed.”

Jin then said something in Korean. Sun immediately stepped up and said, “My husband asks when we will go free them?”

“Are you crazy?” Shannon cried, “These are soldiers we are talking about. They have guns and stuff.”

“We got guns now,” Hal mentioned.

“So what? I mean . . .only Sayid is a soldier here.”

“So is Tony,” Sayid comforted her, “And so is this young woman. We must help our friends, Shannon.”

She shook her head, understanding what he was saying. She embraced him and wept into his shoulder. “I just . . .I can’t . . .I can’t lose anybody else.” She cried.

“If we are successful, then we won’t.” the Iraqi smiled his warm smile at her.

“What’s the plan, Sayid?” McKay asked.

“This map is very helpful,” he said, studying it, “But I still need a layout of the land. I suggest you and I head over there and investigate.”

“They will be looking for you.” Barbara blinked.

“They will be looking a group of crazed survivors, desperate to stay alive, madame,” he smirked, “Not two men and one boy.”

“Boy?” the red head gasped, “No wait . ..you are not taking my son back with you.”

Eddie scooted off his stone chair. “I have to go, mama,” he told her, “I am the only one who knows the way.”

“Eddie, NO,” she said, kneeling in front of him, “You just came back to me and I will not just let you waltz back into that jungle.”

“Mom, I have to!” he stomped his foot, “I had to make a choice. I had to either save you or Tony with Marita. I didn’t want to but I made my choice. Now I have to do the right thing by leading them back to Tony so they can get him out.”

“Eddie,” she cried.

“Don’t cry, mama.” He hugged her, “I would trust Uncle McKay with my life any day of the week.”

The red-head looked up at the bald man, a single tear going down her cheek. The Australian just smiled, giving the woman the assurance she needed. “If he calls you an Uncle, then I must believe him,” she smiled and sniffed.

“I will keep him safe.” He whispered, “You have my word.”

She kissed her son the cheek and then parted from him. Eddie walked over and took McKay’s hand, as he led them out. As he past Taylor, he kissed her on the lips, not willing to say goodbye. Then Sayid embraced Shannon as well, if only to calm her down. When they started walking toward the entrance, Hal quickly caught up with them. “What is the plan?” he asked.

“We will recon the base, “ Sayid said, getting a pair of binoculars, “Then when we return, we will begin our hunt for Jenny. Let no one else come out till then.”

“And if you don’t come back?” the cop said reluctantly.

“Then all these people to the beach, begin creating a bunch of rafts and get the hell off of this Island.” McKay grunted.

“You serious?” Seth over head him say.

“Kinda,” he huffed.

“HEY, CURLY AND ALI!” Sawyer called from his makeshift bed.

The two men stopped and turned to look at the southern man. Sawyer slowly opened his eyes and looked at them. “Don’t you even think of starting this rumble without me.” He grunted.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” Sayid smirked.

Then two men then walked through the exit the cave and then began their jog into the woods, while the Australian held onto the hand of the little boy by his side. Seth watched them run away, hoping they would make it out okay. Kristy wept silently, with Shanna and Flower by her side. Mandy worried about McKay, knowing the impact it would have on Taylor’s life if he died. She felt the same impact when Boone left her. Everybody gathered around. In the far corner a group started to hold hands.

And Bernard held onto the hands of Barbara, praying for the safety of her son.


………………………………….

Jenny laughed with the others after they had just won the tournament. Her Australian friends all wanted to go get beer to celebrate but the American soccer player wasn’t sure if she would comply with some of Australia’s partying ways. She loved her team and they loved her. She was the one American exchange student that measured up to the way they played.

Jenny finally got done dressing after her shower. She was eager to get back to her Australian family, and enjoy a nice quiet evening at the house. She had purchased the latest book in the Harry Potter series and was eager to get to reading it. “Jenny?” Coach Callahan called.

“Yo?” she turned.

“You got a call,” the female coach pointed toward the nearest phone, “Line three.”

Jenny walked over the phone and picked up the receiver; pressing the blinking button that read 3. “Hello?” she asked.

“Jenny.” A weeping voice said.
“Sarah?” the young girl blinked.

“How you doing, honey?” her sister wept.

“Never mind me, why are you crying?” she asked.

“I was just . . .thinking of my wedding day . . .those photos I lost . . .I finally found them.”

“Oh, Sarah,” Jenny sighed.

“I know I shouldn’t . .but . . .why . . .why did he do that to me?”

“I don’t know, sis,” Jenny rubbed her hair, “How is mom and dad? Are they with you?”

“They are off in Aruba . . .I just . .feel so alone . . .”

“Then you won’t any more, Sarah. I am coming home.”

“No, Jenny . .wait, I just wanted to check on you!”

“It’s the summer, Sarah,” her sister sniffed, “And I have kinda been missing you too. What do you say? Pick me up at the airport next week? I can probably get a flight out.”

“I’d love that, Jenny,” Sarah wept.

“You and me, Sarah. Against the world as always.”

“You and me, Jenny. Against the world as always,” she repeated.

…………………………………………………………………………..

Jenny moaned and then finally woke up. She then opened her eyes and looked around, realizing she was in a cave. She also was amazed that she was on a cot. The young girl leaned up and looked around. Their were many pictures taped to the walls, plus boxes of what looked like military rations. There were empty boxes that contained fruit and hanging from the ceiling, looked like cured meat. “Who is Sarah?” a voice asked behind her.

Jenny turned around and looked at the source of the voice. An older black man was reading from what seemed like a very old book. His smile was a warm smile; almost similar to Locke’s. “You kept repeating Sarah in your sleep,” the man smiled, “Is she your sister?”

“Yes?” Jenny said, then squinted her eyes, “Are . .are you the one who saved me?”

“No, child, “ the black man chuckled, “My name is Emeka. Your savior is outside and his name is Raven.”

“Raven?” she whispered, turning toward the exit of the cave.

Outside was a man clad mostly in black. He was twirling nunchuks with the grace of a skilled martial artist. His mask was a black burlap bag; cut and sewn to fit his head. Jenny was immediately reminded of a ninja. She then turned and looked toward the black man. “How . . .how did you get here, Emecka?” she asked.

“I crashed landed here over 22 years ago,” he said, softly placing down his book, “My friends and I were on a plane. We were flying from Ondo toward Ogun, when my vessel was trapped in black smoke in the sky. When we emerged from the great abyss, we crashed landed in a jungle. I was the only survivor.”

Jenny slowly stood up. “This place Ondo . . . .what country is that in?”

“Nigeria.” He admitted, “South Africa.”

“My friends found that plane,” she squinted, “It was full of Virgin Mary status. Statues that contained drugs.”

“Yes, that is true,” he sighed, “It was our goal to smuggle them into Ogun. Then sell them from there. Perhaps that is why I am being punished.”

“Punished?” she blinked.

“My friends dead . .myself trapped on a Island . . .the black smoke clearly came from God, child. I am being punished for the sins I have committed in my life. I only hope . ..that your sin, whatever it may be, will not be severe enough to keep you here.”

“I have sinned, “Jenny whispered, thinking of the men she killed, “I only hope God will forgive me.”

“You ask for forgiveness, child and he will grant it.” Emeke smiled.

“Emeka, how long have you and Raven known each other?” she said, sitting back down on the bed.

“A long time.” He smiled, “He has been my constant companion. We’ve known each other for 11 years. He can not speak, did you know that? He communicates through sign language.”

“Why do you call him Raven?” she said, looking back down the tunnel, “Is that his last name?”

“He does not remember his last name, child; nor his first name. Raven is the code name given to him by the scientists who experimented on me. The ones who gave him his unique gifts. The ones who locked him away in the Hatch when they couldn’t figure out how to control him.”

“The Hatch?” she whispered, remembering what Jack was trying to do with Tony and the others.

“Yes. Him and the 40 others down there.”

“FORTY?” Jenny exclaimed.

“Yes, forty women and men, experimented on by a government organization that no longer exists. Raven was fortunate enough to escape, thank to the mistake of the Mercenary group that lives in the middle of the island. He had searched for any means to free his brothers and sisters, ending their suffering.”

“How can he do that?” Jenny asked.

Raven then walked into the cave, making a chirping sound. Jenny looked up at him in amazement; believing what Emeka had told her. The masked man then picked up an old book from the nearby stone shelf and opened it. He handed it to Jenny, pointing to some scribble at the bottom. She then slowly read it aloud. “The . .Jaegar Units expiration date will be set in place,” she whispered, “Commence with the reset code to . . .”

Jenny blinked, “It wasn’t finished.”

“No, it wasn’t,” Emeka said, “Raven believes that this . .Reset Code will help his brothers and sisters. He doesn’t know how, nor does he know where they left it.”

“Does this group of Mercenaries know?”

“Possibly. But Raven can’t get close enough to their Outpost without being over-run by them.”

“I have to get to back, “Jenny said, standing up, “My friends will be worried about me.”

“I suspected as much,” Emeka said, “Then let me say my farewell to Raven.”

“Huh?” she blinked, “What for?”

“Raven is going with you, child. If you wish to get into the mercenary camp, you will need his help. There are two white giant demons, who will not let you escape so easily. They have your death in their eyes. In their crazy warped souls, child.”

Raven walked forward and embraced the black man. “Farewell, my friend. “ Emeka said, “I will miss your company but if there is anybody who understands about Fate, it is I.”

“I don’t understand, Emeka,” Jenny said with sympathy, “I have so many questions.”

“They will have to wait, young one. You and Raven must leave now. Your destiny awaits you.”

“I don’t believe in destiny.” Jenny said, trying to give the book back to Raven.

The masked man stopped and pushed it back to her; signaling she should keep it. “Oh, you do, child, “ Emeka smiled, “You just don’t know it yet.”

Raven began to walk out toward the cave. Jenny looked one more time as the strange and kind man. She thought about asking him to come with her but something told her he would say No. She then held the book under her arm and ran out to follow Raven. The masked man was waiting for her, looking up in the trees. He made another strange chirping sound. “So, Raven,” she huffed, “I saw your moves. Ninjitsu, right? I can take you.”

Raven made a wheezing sound, like he was laughing. Jenny smiled; happy to break the ice with a man she barely knew. The masked man then kneeled down and pointed toward his back. The blonde girl blinked, royally confused. “You want to give me a piggy back ride?” she asked.

Raven shook his head in agreement. She shrugged and wondered what this was going to do. She then walked over and mounted onto him, placing her arm around his neck. He gently held onto her knees and stood up. Then he began to run into the woods, as if she weighed nothing at all. “Wow,” she giggled, “Got some strength, do ya?”

Raven then jumped and flew into the trees. “OH MY GOD!!!” Jenny screamed, burying her head in his back.

The masked man made his wheezing laughter again as he jumped from tree to tree. Jenny slowly raised her eyes, looking at the ground as they leaped from branch to branch from tree to tree. This man was moving with the grace of a gazelle. He could have truly been a Raven.

After a few minutes, Jenny screamed in delight; enjoying her piggy back ride in the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home