Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Part 205: Day 45

The survivors in the cave had finally managed to get some sleep. Most of them had fallen asleep but there were some who couldn’t sleep. McKay was wasted; it had been a long day and he was filled with worry over his friends. He volunteered to stand guard over the cave but the ability to stay awake was slowly leaving him. The Australian would splash water on his face every time he felt as if he was going to pass out.

Near Yolanda is where Eddie slept. He had curled up beside the wall and he laid down next to her; embracing his kangaroo toy. The young boy was worried about Tony and Marita but McKay told him they would be all right. The little kid wanted to believe him but he had already lost his mom and dad. He wondered why God would be punishing him for taking away Tony and Marita too. “God does not punish the innocent, Eddie,” the Kangaroo said inside his head.

“I know,” Eddie whispered back, stroking him, “I just miss them, that’s all.”

“You miss your mother and father too.” The toy whispered back.

“Yeah, but I know they are in Heaven. I got nothing but Tony and Marita now.”

“They will be fine.”

Eddie slowly opened his eyes, and maneuvered the kangaroo stuffed animal to face him. “How do you know they will be fine?” he asked.

“I can see the winds of change before they even happen.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that I understand pain, Eddie. I understand loneliness. I don’t want you to suffer anymore.”

“I ain’t lonely,” Eddie leaned up, hugging him, “I got you.”

“Yes, but I see now that I am not enough. So I swept this entire Island, Eddie. I have found her.”

“Found who?”

“Your mother.”

Eddie gasped at what the Kangaroo just told him. He then flipped him around, staring at him in the darkness. “My mom . . .is alive?” he almost started to cry.

“Yes, she is and I can lead you to her.” The toy assured him.

Eddie wasn’t stupid; he was starting to wonder about certain things. He slowly stood up and began to walk toward the exit of the cave. His friend McKay was leaning by the entrance, propping his head up against the main wall of the cave. The little boy paused, wondering if he was awake. “Gonna go pee, Eddie?” McKay asked.

“Yeah,” the little boy smiled.

“Hokay.” He whispered, fighting to stay awake.

Eddie then walked out of the cave and headed toward his right. He looked back, checking to make sure how far he had gotten away from the cave. Then he turned a corner and stood behind one of the many tall trees that blanketed the area. He held the Kangaroo in his hands, looking at him. “I ain’t stupid, Mr. Kangaroo,” he grunted, “You’re not just my imaginary friend, are you?”

“I never said you were stupid, Eddie.” The toy whispered, “And no, I am not imaginary. I am very real. I have been communicating to you through your toy here.”

“Where are you really?” the boy asked.

“Deep underground. I have had no real companions for the last 40 years. I am so lonely, Eddie.”

“I am sorry,” the boy felt sorry for him.

“That’s all right, my friend. I have watched your lonilness for a while and I do not wish you to suffer as I have. I know where your mother is and I know exactly where she will be in the next 5 hours. Do you wish to save her?”

“Save her from who?”

“The Others.” The toy said coldly.

“Those bad men that took Walt and Tony and Marita?” he grunted.

“If they took your friends, I do not know that. I haven’t scanned for them. Do you wish me too?”

“How long will that take?”

“It will take approximately 8 hours, given my state. Be wary; I would have lost your mother’s position by then.”

Eddie froze. The Kangaroo was going to tell him where his mother was and knew exactly where she would be in five hours. But if he told him where Tony and the others are, he would loose the lock he had on his mother. Eddie wanted everybody; not just his mom. He tried to think; Tony was good at thinking so the young boy forced himself to think. Then something else occurred to him. “If the Others have my mom,” he whispered, “Then when I find my mom, I might find Tony as well.”

“That is a certain possibility.”

“Then that is what I will do, I . .” Eddie paused and turned around, “Should I tell Uncle McKay where I am going?”

“You can if you wish.”

Eddie took a few steps then stopped. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “No, I can’t. He wouldn’t believe me,” the boy whispered, “No, I am going to go get my mom. Then I am going to come back and lead Uncle McKay and Mr. Sayid right to them.”

“An excellent plan, Eddie.” The toy whispered.

Eddie turned around, “Which way?”

“Go straight.”

The boy then proceeded to run into the jungle woods, holding his Kangaroo like a football. The toy assured him that if he ran onward, he would be at the exact spot his mother would be at in five hours. The boy told the toy he had not probably with running; he barely felt tired at that moment.


------------------------------------------------------,

John slowly opened his eyes. The pain on his face was sore; with a little bit of blood caked around his cheeks. He slowly leaned up aching, then felt a set of hands touch his arm. “You okay?” asked Tony.

“I feel like hell but I’ll make it.” He said, grunting and leaning against the wall.

“Good. Cause I want you to think of a plan out of here.” The blind man whispered.

“Considering how I side-swiped two of their men yesterday, something tells me they ain’t letting me out of this cage any time soon.” The archer chuckled.

“Still, I know McKay will come for us but I am worried, he doesn’t know where to start looking.”

“I’ve been worried about the same thing.”

“So, we continue to wait for McKay but in the meantime, we must help him,” the blind doctor whispered, “We must find a way to either get a signal or figure out how to get out of here when he does come.”

“I’ll work on,” John patted him on the shoulder.

“Morning, boys,” Marita said, walking over to them, holding fruit.

“Thank you,” John said, taking a mango.

“Here, Tony,” she said, placing the banana in his hands, “I don’t know what the day will bring but you will need your strength.”

“Thanks, baby,” he said.

“Tony, I . . I just want to . . .say . .” she started to cry.

The blind man then grabbed Marita by the neck, and kissed her. She kneeled down sitting on his lap. As they parted, Tony held her close with their foreheads touching. “We will survive this,” he assured her, “I promise you that.”

She steadied her tears and stopped crying. “If you say it, “ she whimpered, “Then I know it’s going to be true.”

The others had begun to wake up. Ana-Lucia took one of the two buckets full of fruit and began to pass them out of the other survivors. Jack accepted the fruit and handed on to Kate. Locke began to eat his fruit with Mia by his side. Barbara was still depressed but Jilly stayed with her, hoping to make her feel better. Then their attention was caught by a loud wrapping on the door of the bunker, then it creaking open. “The bald guy and the blind man!” a soldier stepped forward,” Front and center!”

Tony slowly got to his feet, embracing Marita. She didn’t want to let him go but she knew they would force them. As they parted, the blind doctor felt Locke take his arm and lead the way. They reached the slope and climbed up out of the bunker to have three guards with silenced rifles waiting for them. Locke then noticed that Ana-Lucia had followed them but stopped at the slope. “Hey, Gringos,” she scoffed, “Now that we got more friends in here, we are gonna need more fruit.”

“All right, someone will come by later to take care of it,” the soldier close the door on her.

Tony turned around and took a deep breath. “Good luck, Locke,” he told him.

Locke said nothing, just patted him on the shoulder as reassurance. The two men were then lead away to meet their individual interrogators. The blind doctor wondered how long it would be today and hoped his older friend could survive being electrocuted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home