Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Part 179: Heated Discussion

Micheal had begun to walk off to get some more supplies for the boat. Within seconds, Kate had already caught up to him. He smiled at her and kept walking. However, the brunette didn’t smile back. She had a completely serious look about her face. “So obviously you believe him?” she asked.

“Arzt? I don't know, but I'm not taking any chances.” The black man confessed

“You think you'll be ready by tomorrow?”

“The man said not a day to waste.”

“Supplies all set? You've got food, fresh water?” she inquired.

Micheal stopped and faced her, “Kate, no offense, but I've got work to do. Why the sudden interest?”

“Because I am coming with you.” She insisted.

“Look,” he said, holding up his hands,” The raft's full . . we need 5,we got 5.”

“Including Sawyer?”

“Including him. We needed the stuff he had, so he bought his way on.”

“To the first raft, which burned!”

“You know, I'm not going to get into semantics with you. I told the guy. . .”

“He doesn’t even know how to sail.”

“And you do?” Micheal pointed.

“I spent two summers crewing J boats. I know my way around a sailboat.” Kate said proudly.

“Yeah, maybe so, but a deal's a deal. I'm sorry.”

“What about Walt? You know it will be dangerous and there’s Yolanda! McKay made a mistake when he chose her; she’s just a stewardess.”

“All right, first off, I decide what is best for my boy,” Micheal grunted, “And what’s best for him right now is to get him the hell off of this island. And second, McKay didn’t make a mistake. He made the choice that only he could make. He’s teaching Yolanda about sailboats as we speak.”

Kate glared at him. The black man hoped he got through to her, cause he was getting upset trying to reason with her. He sighed and waved his hands. “The raft’s full,” he said, putting an end to the discussion.

Kate watched him walk away into the jungle. She had to be on that boat; she had to be. It’s the only way she could think of to get off the island and avoid the police. She had to think of a plan and had to do it quick.

------------------------------------------------------,

Sayid gently pushed the giant leaf out of his way. Jack followed closely behind, leading the way for Tony who held onto his shoulder. The doctor was wondering why the Iraqi and the blind doctor asked him out this far. Everything had been so hectic in the past few days, he didn’t even notice if anything was amiss. At that moment, it might be and he was getting sick of the lies. “Where are you guys taking me?” he asked.

“It’s just a little bit further.” Sayid told him.

“What is?” Jack inquired.

“It’s best not to tell you,” Tony mentioned, “It’s best you see it for yourself.”

“No, I don’t think it is,” the doctor stopped walking, “You guys either need to tell me what we are going to go do or I am walking back to the beach.”

“You have to see this, Jack. It’s time for you to see it.” The blind doctor said.

“See what?” Jack grunted.

“Don’t get angry at them, Jack,” Locke said behind them.

The trio turned to face the bald man. Jack looked disgusted at Locke like he had been doing the past few days. In fact, the older man was expecting it. “They brought you out here because I asked them to.” He said,” I asked them not to tell you. I wanted you to have an open mind.”

“Open mind about what?” the doctor said.

Locke motioned for him to follow him. Sayid led the way, while Jack patting Tony on the hand, signaling they were moving. They then walked a few more feet, passing trees and lots of bushes. Locke pushed aside a cropping of vines and Sayid moved out of the way to let Jack through. The doctor then gulped, seeing the shining silver dome coming out of the ground. He flickered his lips for a second and then finally said, “What in God’s name is that thing?”

“Exactly.” Locke smiled,” I guess it's time we talked about this.”

As Jack observed the Hatch, Locke began to tell his tale of how he found it, the night they were searching for Claire. He spoke of how that it seemed he was able to trust Mia in it’s location. He mentioned that Boone was helping him the whole time. Jack stood up on top of the hatch, then looked to the bald man. “How long have you known about this?” he asked.

Locke rubbed his chin, “Three weeks, give or take.”

“Three weeks?” Jack almost spit, “You’ve known about this for three weeks and you didn’t tell me but you told a girl you barely know?”

“With all due respect, Jack, Mia I have known before we arrived and plus, when do I report to you.”

“With all due respect, John, you LIED.”

Locke shook his head, knowing that the doctor was going to bring it up. “How long did you have that case full of guns before you decided the rest of us needed to know?” he pointed out,” You used your best discretion, Jack. So did I. I’m just sorry Boone had to die for my mistakes.”

“Okay, that’s enough,” Tony piped in,” We didn’t come here to have a pissing contest. We came to see what Jack would say about the hatch.”

Jack shook his head, hearing what the blind doctor and Locke both said. He stomped on it slightly, hearing the echo resonate into the ground. He took a deep sigh, crossing his arms. “Okay,” he grunted, “How do we open it?”

“What?” Sayid gasped, “You want to open it?”

“Yeah,” Jack said, bluntly.

“We should bury it. I brought you here to talk them out of this insanity. Anything could be inside.”

“Best case scenario there's supplies, worst case, we use it as a shelter.”

“Actually, Jack, I can think of much worse cases than that. You notice anything about this hatch? There's no handle. Could the reason for that be more obvious? Maybe it was never meant to be opened from the outside.”

“Sayid, I told you not to jump to conclusions,” Tony mentioned again, “We don’t know what is inside, and Jack has a valid points; it could have supplies or we could use it as a shelter.”

“Very well, but I still do not think it is a good idea.” The Iraqi said, exhaling.

“We’ll be very careful, Sayid. I promise,” the blind doctor assured him, “Now we should head back to the beach and discuss how we can get this sucker opened.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home