Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Part 6: Martin and Kristy

Martin stared up into the night sky. The stars flickered with the moon. He couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful night. Nothing like his native New York City. One could see the moon easily but stars? Only rarely. His thoughts turned to his family. He knew word would get to them soon that the plane crashed. Would they think he was dead? Would they believe a rescue party is on their way? They had been here a full 8 hours. Why hadn’t someone arrived by now? How far off course where they? “Crap!” a female voice said behind him.

The young black man turned around and saw a beautiful young woman, shaking her cell phone. She pressed a few numbers but nothing was happening. Martin smiled. “I am pretty sure shaking it won’t make it work.”

“I can’t get a signal. No matter what I do.” The woman confessed.

“You’re probably well out of range. No use in wasting your battery.”

“Yeah, “the woman seemed depressed, “Yeah, you’re probably right.”

Martin didn’t know many people around the survivors. If they were to band together to survive this ordeal, he might as well start making friends. He walked over and sat next to her, extending his hand. “Martin Chambers.”

“Kristy Loran.” She said, shaking his hand.

“Kristy, this is not a pick up line but . . .have we met before?”

“Maybe you saw me on the plane.”

“No, I don’t think it’s that. You look incredibly familiar.”

“No way!” Kristy laughed, “There is no way you could have seen me. I haven’t been on that many ads.”

“Ads?” asked Martin.

“Yeah. I am a model. Just gotten a big contract two months ago. I was in Australia for a photo shoot.”

“Wow. A real life super model.” The young black man chuckled.

“Model, Martin. Not super model. I haven’t gotten that status yet.”

“I’m sure it’s only a matter of time.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“One can only hope.”

Kristy stopped talking as she watched the blind doctor and his friend walk past, talking about medicine. Martin saw them as well. His eyes blinked when he saw the face of the man helping the blind doctor. “What?” asked Kristy.

“It’s strange but he looks familiar too.”

“How could you know him? You only barely knew me.”

“I can’t place it but I know I’ve seen him before.”

“Well, you be sure and let me know.” Kristy replied, turning around and straitening out the luggage she found to turn it into a pillow.

“I guess it’s time to sleep, I’ll leave you to it.” Martin started to stand up but Kristy took his hand.

“Please don’t go,” she whispered, “I’d prefer not to be alone. Not with that monster out there.”

“Okay. I . . I’ll stay with you.”

Martin sat down and made himself comfortable in the sand. Kristy slowly closed her eyes and started to rest. The young black man took notice of the fact that she still didn’t let go of his wrist. He slowly un-pried it from his wrist and gently placed her hand into his. Kristy began to drift off to sleep, still holding Martins’ hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home