Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Part 289: Two Front

Locke coughed after he got finished telling the story of their adventures on the Island. Desmond and Isabella had sit themselves down on their loveseat, listening to the entire tell. The stranger scratched his head through his curly hair, contemplating what the bald man had said. Isabella was marveled that all this happened right under their noses the whole time they were at the Shark Tank. “How . . .how many people you said crashed with you?” Desmond asked.

“Just shy of fifty people.” Jack answered.

“Fifty people,” Isabella whispered, “I can’t believe it.”

“And all that happened . . .in two months?” Desmond stammered again.

“Fraid so,” Tony sighed.

“So as a result, you can understand why we were not so trusting when we first met you. We’ve lost a lot of good people to this Island.”

“And from Locke’s story, a lot of good things have happened to you as well,” the stranger pointed out.

“Yes, “ the blind doctor smiled, taking Marita’s hand, “It has at that.”

“So, Desmond, I guess we might as well tell you why we are here.” Jack said, standing up.

“No need, brother,” he smiled, “After hearing Locke’s story, it’s painfully obvious. You want the Liberation’s boat.”

“I guess it’s a little obvious.” McKay laughed.

“I can’t say I blame you. Lord knows I would love to take Izzy and Sebastian off this Island but I can’t . . .not at least for the next 8 years.”

“We could send back doctors. Maybe they can . . .synthesize the drug that-“Tony was about to say.

“Thanks but no thanks, Tony. I know this works. Izzy and I are fully prepared to wait the next 8 years to make sure our son doesn’t become like those poor kids of Black Faction.”

“Then we are at least staying here for the time being,” Sayid stood up,” Jack, is it safe to move Kate?”

“I wouldn’t recommend it. She should remain immobile for at least a day.”

"More than likely it will take those soldiers another day to get back to us," Locke whispered, "We got some breathing room."

Desmond stood up, clapping his hands. “Then it’s settled!” he laughed, “You are welcome to stay in the Shark Tank, and quite frankly, Izzy and I could use the company.”

“It’s been a while since I cooked for more than two. I would love the challenge.” Isabella giggled.

“I’ll help you.” Marita offered.

“Well, then we better make ready to leave for the beach tomorrow. McKay, you can get the boat ready. Sayid, you think you can prep us to prepare for those soldiers?”

“It shouldn’t be hard to rig some traps.” The Iraqi concluded.

“No need, brother. Argos had a perimeter warning program. All I have to do is turn it on.”

“Why didn’t you have that one before we came here?” asked Jack.

“The one downside of using a fifties computer, brother. It must be manned for that program all the time.”

“Ah, point taken,” Jack said, “I guess I better go check on Kate.”

“I’ll do it, Jack,” Shanna stopped him, “Plus, I got to fill Sawyer in on all the information I got.”

“Okay,” the doctor smiled, “I would like to explore this place a little more. If she’s got a fever, make sure you put a cold compress on her head.”

“Will do, doctor Jack.” She giggled, as she walked down the hall.


The redhead made her way into the infirmary. Sawyer rested on a stool next to the past out Kate. The brunette made a few moans as Shanna approached her. “How is she doing?” she asked.

“She’s okay but she’s starting to make noises.” The redneck coughed.

“I wonder how much morphine Jack gave her?” the redhead stroked her friend’s hair softly.

“Jack,” Kate whimpered.

“Honey, are you okay? Do you want me to get Jack?”

“Jack,” Kate repeated, almost crying, “Jack . . .Jack . . .”

“Maybe I should get Jack.” Shanna said.

“Jack . ..don’t . . .leave me . . .Jack . . .love me . .”

Sawyer’s eyes then went wide. Shanna almost gasped, covering her mouth. Poor Kate was in a pain/morphine induced state, not knowing who could hear what she was saying. The southern man then scooted off the stool, rolled up his sleeves and prepared to walk out of the medical room. Shanna could tell his feelings were hurt. “Sawyer,” she pleaded,” Kate . . .she . . doesn’t know what she is saying.”

“You’re right, she needs more morphine,” Sawyer grunted, “I’ll go get him.”

“Sawyer?” Shanna called to him but he ignored her, leaving the room.

Kate moaned again. Shanna walked over to the counter with the sink and took a rag, wetting it. She came back and placed it on her friend’s forehead. “Sawyer,” she whispered.

“Kate, honey, you really need to shut up before you spill more beans.” Shanna warned.

“Sawyer . . . can’t . . .love him . .too much . . .like Wayne . . .”

“Huh?” the redhead asked, “Who is Wayne?”

“Sawyer . . .don’t . ..don’t be like him . ..you are a . .good man . . .”

“I know he is, Honey. Like some of us, he just has to let go of his past.”

“Seth . .Seth . . .”

Shanna then abruptly closed her ears with her hands. “I don’t know if I want to hear this.” She whispered.

“Seth . .so kind . . .love . .love him . .NO . . .he deserves . . .better . .”

“Oh, Kate,” Shanna wiped her forehead with the rag, “You really can’t make up your mind, can you?”

“Shanna . . . .”

“Oh, dear, God, please don’t say you are in love with ME.” The redhead gasped.

“Shanna . . .help . . help me . . .”

“Huh? Kate, how? How can I help you?”

“He said . . .he said . . .you would help me.”

“Wha. . .I don’t understand. Who told you that I could help you?”

“Bre . . .bren . .Brendon. . “

Shanna slapped both of her hands over her mouth to suppress her gasp. Brendon talked to Kate? That was impossible . .or was it? The redhead could only assume that her dead Asian friend appeared to her fugitive friend in a dream. Because she knew for a fact there was no way for Kate to know Brendon, considering he died before they made their journey across the Island. Shanna really wished at that moment Mia was there to tell her what to do. The redhead knew only one other thing to do at the moment.

She quickly started to write down everything in Mia’s pad.


-------------------------------------,

At the beach, people were going about their daily chores, which usually consisted of cleaning clothes, hunting for fruit and trying their best to keep the sand out of places no one wanted to talk about. John was taking some time to enjoy spending with Mia. He admitted his missed McKay and Tony, not to mention which he joined them but he knew he’d see them again soon. The Lakota girl laughed after she got finished tell her archer boyfriend about her first crush on Harrison Ford. John thought that was fine and then admitted he always had a thing for Linda Carter as a kid. The Lakota girl made fun of him that he was just like every other kid his age at that time. Before John could response, he heard someone approaching from behind him. “Good morning, Mia!” Hurley said, “Good Morning, great white hunter.”

“Great white hunter?” John laughed, “Hurley, are you craving boar meat again?”

“BOAR MEAT!” the large man clapped his hands, “That’s a great idea, John, why don’t you get us some?”

John sighed, with a smile. “I kinda walked right into that, didn’t I?” he replied.

“Yeah, you kinda did.” Mia giggled.

“Well, I could stand to stretch my legs, “ the archer leaned up, picking up his bow,” But be warned, Hurley, I am all alone. I am not so good at tracking Boar without McKay.”

“Boar,” Alexander said behind them.

John, Hurley and Mia turned to look at the wild boy. He tapped his chest and then pointed to the jungle. “Boar.” He repeated.

“Dude, that’s perfect!” Hurley laughed, “With Locke and McKay gone, Alexander becomes the defacto tracker.”

“Alexander, you can find boar?” John asked him, motioning to the jungle and his eyes.

“Yes,” the wild boy assured him.

“Okay, now all we need is one more to help us.” John then smiled, looking at Mia,” How about Seth? He does have a good pair of eyes to spot things and he’s pretty good with that sword of his.”

“I’ll go ask him.” Mia smiled, turning around and going to find her good friend.


Mia walked down the long access of the beach where the other clique mostly congregated. He saw the large group of friends laughing together. It made her smile, able to see them get along. In an essence, it made sense cause what other entertainment could they have besides conversation. And as usual, Seth seemed to be the main subject. “Yeah, “ he scoffed, as he ate a mango, “I can rap if I want to . . but I don’t want to!”

“You can’t rap!” Charlie protested.

“No, I can rap. I can! But I only rap in front of family.”

“Hey, guys,” Mia said.

“Hey, Mia, join in the fun, “ Kristy offered.

“Actually, I am just here to talk to Seth,” she pointed.

Seth then looked at her, and quickly finished his mango. “Okay, gotta rap now.” He said, standing up.

“What?” Charlie laughed, “I thought you said you only rap in front of family.”

Seth then leaned up and wrapped his arm around Mia, bringing their faces cheek to cheek. “What’s the matter?” he pointed, “Can’t you see the family resemblance?”

Mia giggled and was at the same flattered, some Seth’s constant reminder that he considers her and Shanna his sisters. Seth then twirled and clapped his hands. “All right, here I go,” he coughed, “Claire, you better hold onto Aaron cause this is gonna knock his diapers off.”

“What?” she laughed, cuddling her baby.

“A BEAST, A BOSS, A BOOST, YOU SOMA BAD IN THA MOTHER!” Seth started dancing around, “You want kick ma buttocks, YOU the sucker! I give you . . .the swazzle! You wanna take a snizzle? Come on, mother, with your juicy looks . . all around the place.”

The group fell back, laughing at Seth’s bad attempt at rapping a song. Seth then started to jerk his hands, as if he was working a turn-table. “HOTTA, HOTTA . . .HOD, HOD, . . HAH HA, HAH!” he screamed.

“What was that?” Kristy laughed, rubbing the tears out of her eyes.

“That’s scratching,” Seth said, proudly, “But you see, I am so good, I can do it vocally, I don’t need no stupid record player.”

The group was all over themselves, laughing at Seth’s humor. He took a quick bow and blew them all a kiss. Mia just couldn’t help but smile at him. She knew he’d make a great entertainer when they got off the Island. Her “brother” walked up to her with a mischievous grin on this face. “Something you needed, Mia?” he asked.

“Yes, Seth, I was hoping you would help out John while he hunted for some boar for us.” The Lakota girl asked him.

“Actually, that’s not a bad idea. I could use some practice with my sword, plus,” He said, picking up his gear, “Something tells me the Peanut Gallery here needs to recover from the laughs I’ve been giving them.”

“Get outta here, ya mook!” Jenny said, playfully toss a mango peel at him.

Seth dodged it and stuck his tongue out at her. Before she could have a chance to chase him, he and Mia ran down the beach to join up with John and Alexander.


John hoisted up his shoulder back and placed his quiver off. Hurley then walked up to him again, trying to finish their conversation. “Oh, come on, dude, you can’t tell that he doesn’t look just like him?” he asked.

“Which movie are we talking about?” John asked again.

“The X-Men!” Hurley said, as if it was obvious, “Don’t you think Seth look just like him?”

“No way. He looks nothing like Hugh Jackman.”

“No! Not him, the other-“

“Hey, guys, “Seth called, “I am here now.”

“Dude, has anybody told you, you look just like that guy from X-Men?” his large friend said.

“Uh . .No,” Seth said plainly, “we hunting boar or what?”

“Yeah, let’s get going,” John said, kissing Mia on the cheek, “Take care, honey. The boar may have gone up into the hills, so we will be back tomorrow.”

“Have fun, boys,” Mia waved to the three friends as they disappeared into the jungle.

Hurley tried to get Mia to agreed with him that Seth looked like the guy from X-Men but the Lakota girl just waved her hands; a playfully way of saying he should leave her out of it. The large man huffed, then walked over to find Charlie. He knew his musician friend would agree with him. Maybe Mandy would too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home