Lost Fan Fiction

What about the people in the tail section?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Part 275: Tale of Two Sisters

Jenny finally found a secluded area of the beach. She had been wanting some time alone for a while. Mia had let her in on the fact that Jack had left with a group of others to hopefully secure a boat for transport off the Island. Jenny was slightly upset that Jack didn’t want her to go with him; she could have been able to fend off any problem. Or was it the simply the need to be with the one person she considered family within a mile radius?

Jenny took off her shoes and stepped into the sand. She slowly pulled out the nunchuks, given to her by Raven. She let her hand glide over the silver casing with the Japanese Dragon logo on each handle. Who was Raven? Was he American or was he Oriental? Why was he dressed like a Ninja, using garments stolen from the Liberation? There was so much information she wanted to learn about him but unfortunately he took all his secrets to his grave. Jenny didn’t want him to die but afterwards, with Jack’s help, she understood why he wanted to. Raven was a unique individual; altered by whoever worked for the Dharma Corporation. It was like he had some form of cancer and he had not been allowed to die. For fifty years.

She couldn’t even fathom the suffering he went through.

Jenny began to slowly twirl the nunchuks. She was familiar with them as a weapon but rarely used them. She began to flip and twirl them again; beginning to create a sound in the air similar to a helicopter blade. The young teenager then did her Jeet Kune Do attacks, utilizing her new weapon. She swung the nunchuks through the air, fighting at her imaginary enemies. The sound was getting louder. Jenny leaned up and did a drop kick into the air and then flung the nunchuks around again. She paused for a second after hearing a loud smash echo in her ears. Jenny gulped as she stopped her exercise. She had no idea she had wound up near a bamboo tree and smashed a chuck out of it. “WOW!” someone laughed.

Jenny turned and saw Kellye standing a few feet away from her, clapping. “That was amazing.” She laughed.

“Oh, “ the teenager replied, “Thank you.”

“How long did it take you to learn that skill, Jenny?” the girl soldier said.

“Oh, two years, roughly. I’d been training since I was 8 but in the last four years, my sensei’s said I adapted quicker than most.”

“Hmm,” Kellye replied, sitting down on a fallen log,” That’s kinda interesting.”

“What is?” Jenny replied, sitting down next to her.

“I’m 20 years old. I’ve only been in the military for roughly 2 and a half years. My superiors said the same thing about me; I adapted quickly.”

“Why did you join the military, Kellye?” the young teenager said, wiping her sweat.

“Family business,” she sighed.

Jenny paused for a second, as she reached for her water bottle. It didn’t take much to notice the sadness in the soldier’s voice. She then took a sip of her water and handed it to her friend. “Is the family . . .still in the business?” Jenny asked.

“Right now . . .just me.” Kellye sipped the water, “My dad made it to Captain but he was killed while he was trying to quell some riots in a South African town. My uncle Ralph was killed by shrapnel getting stuck in his brain. And . . . .my brother Brian was . . .gunned down in Iraq.”

“Oh, man,” Jenny whispered.

“He was always brave, Brian,” the curly haired girl said, a small tear forming in her left eye, “They said, one of his regiment was shot chest. Brian . ..ran back for him and grabbed him, only to be shot in the back. He . . .was killed instantly.”

“I’m sorry, Kellye,” the young blonde took her hand.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know why I am telling you this.”

“Maybe you need to?” she smiled sympathetically, “I don’t mind listening. Where were you when you heard Brian was shot?”

“Digging trenches,” she laughed a little bit, “They always make the girls do the crap work.”

“Digging . . . oh, my God, Kellye . . . .you were there??”

“Yeah, I was. I did my best not to cry over his body . . but I couldn’t help it. They processed his body and sent it on it’s way back home. I attended his funeral and came back home. They were kind enough to let me have his dog tags.”

She gently pulled out the metal necklace from within her shirt. She showed Jenny the dog tags that she wore. The teenager read them both and smiled that she saw two tags; one was Kellye’s and the other was her brother Brian. “I stayed another 9 months, doing my duty,” she said, tucking the tags back in, “Then they let me go.”

“Let you go?” Jenny asked.

“Yeah, apparently . . .there is some weird clause in the military literature and laws, that no family will ever been wiped out due to War. I heard it dated back to World War II. Anyway, the rule is, if three members of a family get killed in the line of duty, then no other members of that same family will be allowed to serve.”

“Your father . . .your Uncle . . .then Brian made three.”

“That’s right. I was honorable discharged and sent on my way home. However, I couldn’t go home just yet, so I went to Australia. To get centered and wondered what I wanted to do with my life.”

“What did you come to the conclusion of?”

“:I haven’t,” she laughed, “But I am still open to suggestions.”

“What made you want to come home? Home sick?”

“In a way,” she said, rubbing her right eyebrow, “But it’s really in regards to Jesse.”

“Boyfriend?” Jenny giggled.

“My younger brother,” Kellye playfully shoved her, “He was getting into trouble. Mom gave me a call and told me to come on home when I was ready but Jesse . . .he sounded sad. I think losing Dad and Brian took more out of him then he realized. I think he needed me to be there for him. I only hope . . .he doesn’t think I am dead now.”

Jenny slowly turned her head and stared into the sand. She pushed her feet back and forth, creating more craters into the grainy substance. Kellye paused in her reflection of her family and noticed the blonde teenager was also lost in thought. “Jenny?” the girl soldier said.

“I was just thinking . .” she whispered, “You and I have something in common.”

“Oh?” Kellye inquired.

“I was going home . ..to comfort a sibling too. My older sister Sarah.”

“Oh,” the curly haired sighed, “How about that?”

“Yeah, how about that?” the blonde sighed.

Kellye gently patted on her shoulder. “Pretty nice being a sister, huh?” she grinned.

“Yeah, I like it.” Jenny agreed.

“So . . .why don’t you show me more of that kung fu chop suey stuff.”

Kellye made some hap-hazard attempts at karate moves and screamed like Bruce Lee. Jenny smirked, making the girl put her hands down. The young blonde then stood up and proceeded to continue her exercise. Since she had already damaged the bamboo tree, she continued to use it as an opponent. Kellye leaned in, bracing her head on her arm. Watching Jenny show off her marital arts flawlessly was like watching a professional dancer; her motions were perfect.

Without any enemy soldiers and giant robots, plus invisible monsters around, it made for the perfect entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home